Author Topic: N64 collection  (Read 2172 times)

N64 collection
« on: December 11, 2018, 03:29:32 pm »
How much would a full North American N64 collection go for nowadays? I found one on eBay for $5,000. I'm trying to collect by lots and/or peices at a time to save money.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

Re: N64 collection
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 04:03:43 pm »
Are you including not for resale carts? If so their is about 5,000 in just those.  I know Clayfighter, Super Bowling, Stunt Racer and Wideboy themselves add up for well over 1,000.   

I think without not for resale carts included, that might be a good deal or a bad one.  I'd have to calculate every single game.  I know their are a few rare games and tons of 5 dollar shovelware in the N64 library.  :)     

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:06:47 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 07:25:46 pm »
I am including one of every title of the n64 for the ntsc region of North America.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 07:10:11 am »
Prepare yourself for a lot of racing and other sports games, also the N64 library has a lot of underrated fighting games as well in my opinion ;)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

rayne315

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 03:18:43 pm »
if I were you I would go onto Price charting and see for yourself. its currently listed out at ~$20 each item including things like players choice carts NFR carts and various systems and hardware for them.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 04:01:12 pm »
Not sure im only missing 3 carts and would like to know myself. But Marv is right about those not for resale carts thay can get pricey.Then there's the variants carts that come in different colors not sure if that matters to you or not but I pick them up on the cheap if I see them.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 10:31:27 pm »
If full collection means CIB, its worth a lot more than 5000 dollars (which would average out to 25 dollars a box, a pretty dang good deal when you factor in everything but sports titles and a few commons going for 20+ and thats not even factoring in systems and controllers, variants, "semi-released" things like NFRS, etc.) If loose, that might be a pretty good deal, depending if they really do have everything there, a few alternate colored systems, etc.

Although, saying that, N64 is pretty cheap to collect loose. The Honus Wagner of the collection, Sculptor's Cut, goes for less than 350 last I checked and games quickly go down in price to around 50/60 after that (and after that its a very steady march to 4/5 dollars.) So if there aren't a full range of colored consoles or a bunch of CIB games, you would be better holding off and buying smaller lots. This should not surprise you, I think we all know that "Buy It Now" prices are a hefty mark-up from what an actual auction would go for.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:38:33 pm by scraph4ppy »

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 10:52:51 am »
If full collection means CIB, its worth a lot more than 5000 dollars (which would average out to 25 dollars a box, a pretty dang good deal when you factor in everything but sports titles and a few commons going for 20+ and thats not even factoring in systems and controllers, variants, "semi-released" things like NFRS, etc.) If loose, that might be a pretty good deal, depending if they really do have everything there, a few alternate colored systems, etc.

Although, saying that, N64 is pretty cheap to collect loose. The Honus Wagner of the collection, Sculptor's Cut, goes for less than 350 last I checked and games quickly go down in price to around 50/60 after that (and after that its a very steady march to 4/5 dollars.) So if there aren't a full range of colored consoles or a bunch of CIB games, you would be better holding off and buying smaller lots. This should not surprise you, I think we all know that "Buy It Now" prices are a hefty mark-up from what an actual auction would go for.

Right now Clay fighters Sculptor's Cut is going for $400 on eBay. Ouch The lot is loose carts only.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 05:50:20 pm »
If you're wanting a full N64 collection you may want to wait. The hobby is finally losing steam and in a few years from now it wouldn't surprise me if you could get the same lot for way cheaper. As for whether it's worth $5000, that very debatable since the majority of the library is worth under $5 a game and the N64 does not have that big of a library. That's loose of course; if the lot was CIB than $5000 may not be too bad.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 06:05:21 pm »
It is slightly overpriced if it is just loose cart

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 10:27:19 pm »
It is slightly overpriced if it is just loose cart
it is loose carts.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー