Author Topic: Playstation Classic Almost 50% Off - UPDATE in comments  (Read 8126 times)

Playstation Classic Almost 50% Off - UPDATE in comments
« on: December 17, 2018, 09:16:12 am »
Amazon has the classic listed for $74.99, but are offering a secondary promotion where you get a $25 Amazon gift card if you purchase.

I can't imagine this lasting too long.  I've placed my order, but since I chose No-Rush shipping I haven't gotten my gift card confirmation yet.

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Classic-Console/dp/B07HHVF2XG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545056018&sr=8-3&keywords=playstation+classic
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 09:38:23 am by Cartagia »

telly

Re: Playstation Classic Already Basically 50% Off
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 01:08:15 pm »
I was just in Gamestop and I think they were offering a $25 coupon or giftcard or something to people who bought it.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 01:08:26 pm »
Amazon has the classic listed for $74.99, but are offering a secondary promotion where you get a $25 Amazon gift card if you purchase.

I can't imagine this lasting too long.  I've placed my order, but since I chose No-Rush shipping I haven't gotten my gift card confirmation yet.

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Classic-Console/dp/B07HHVF2XG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545056018&sr=8-3&keywords=playstation+classic

aw, out of stock already... thanks for the notice, though!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 01:29:16 pm »
I think If I recieved a PS classic for free, i'd still feel like I got had.  That's how completely, disrespectfully bad it is.  It's bordering on offensive and it's a waste of cardboard and i'm sad trees had to die for the box it is in. :( 

With that said, i'm happy if anyone who wants one gets one. :)

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 08:16:47 pm »
I think If I recieved a PS classic for free, i'd still feel like I got had.  That's how completely, disrespectfully bad it is.  It's bordering on offensive and it's a waste of cardboard and i'm sad trees had to die for the box it is in. :( 

Why do you feel this way?

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 10:13:43 pm »

aw, out of stock already... thanks for the notice, though!

Dang!  I had a feeling it was going to go quickly.  Updated the thread name.

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: OOS - Playstation Classic Already Basically 50% Off
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 11:51:32 pm »
Overpriced for what it is even at $50.

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 12:42:07 am »
I think my top dollar on one is $10. I'm not even being sarcastic.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 01:33:32 am »
Its back in stock sans the $25 gift card offer

Edit: As a heads up for anyone that wants this previous offer, you can price match this at Best Buy and it will also include a $25 e-gift card. I would know because I did this myself as I have no spine
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:24:45 am by droaa »

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 07:21:11 am »

Edit: As a heads up for anyone that wants this previous offer, you can price match this at Best Buy and it will also include a $25 e-gift card. I would know because I did this myself as I have no spine

Yeah, I got my shipping confirmation this morning, but no sign of the $25 gift card yet.  I'll be chatting with customer support soon.

As for the product itself: I'm probably not actually going to open this one.  I'm thinking we might have a Virtual Boy type situation on our hands here.  Once the first shipments run out that will be it.

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 10:57:34 am »

Why do you feel this way?

Mostly the horrible laggy Pal ports that don't perform good at all even compared to free emulators, very sad and disappointing poor selection of games where 90 percent of what you'd consider PS1 "classic" games were left out, and the sad state of this desperate cash grab attempt to copy Nintendo's success with yet again another failure at doing so to be added to Sony's history of doing so.  Which at this point I think is very unecessary since Sony is well successful in what they do and are well in control.  They can innovate without copying and they proved it with VR.  And if they did have to copy, they could have made a statement by knocking a home run.  But it was just a rushed money grab to follow suit hoping to cash out or hurt Nintendo's future classic sales. 

The PS classic is a sad smeer on what may be one of Sony's greatest gaming decades ever.  It deserves the flak it's getting imo.  Vita does too.  Sony should just stick with Home Consoles.  I feel most of their endeavors outside of that have been pedestrian. (Except for PSP of course)  But that's only my feelings.  I know many might love it :)   

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 12:21:20 am »

Yeah, I got my shipping confirmation this morning, but no sign of the $25 gift card yet.  I'll be chatting with customer support soon.

As for the product itself: I'm probably not actually going to open this one.  I'm thinking we might have a Virtual Boy type situation on our hands here.  Once the first shipments run out that will be it.

You wouldnt be the only one. From what I have been hearing, alot of people who ordered from Amazon havent been getting their cards outright resulting in calls to customer service cuz Amazon be on some bullshit lately.

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 12:41:12 pm »
They told me I won’t get it until the delivery is confirmed.  I took a screenshot of the offer when I placed the order, so I’m getting my damned credit  ;D

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 01:06:27 am »
They told me I won’t get it until the delivery is confirmed.  I took a screenshot of the offer when I placed the order, so I’m getting my damned credit  ;D

Damn right you are. Amazon be on some bullshit sometimes

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2018, 10:25:42 am »
Incredibly unhelpful reply this morning:

In order to receive the gift card I should place both items in my cart and order.  After pointing out that I had already RECEIVED the product the said the gift card credit should be in my account by Saturday.