Author Topic: Rejected edits to *very* sparse entry  (Read 885 times)

Rejected edits to *very* sparse entry
« on: December 20, 2018, 08:31:35 pm »
Tried making edits to https://vgcollect.com/item/74334 - a very sparse entry, the only clue to what this actually refers to is "probably the oldest DOS Hoyle game", which is Hoyle's official book of games, published by sierra in 1989.

I tried fleshing this out but my edits were rejected without too much information as to why. It seems weird that even the release year got rejected... is there possibly an issue with ambiguity over what this entry is actually supposed to be? Should I submit as a new entry?

Your edit to HOYLE was rejected.
Thursday December 20th, 2018 at 9:51 AM
Field:   barcode
New Value:   020626317351
Reason:   Action Not Allowed. Please see the VGCollect Style Guide or visit the Forums to clear up any listing questions.
Field:   Release Year
New Value:   1989
Reason:   Action Not Allowed. Please see the VGCollect Style Guide or visit the Forums to clear up any listing questions.
Field:   genre
New Value:   4
Field:   publisher
New Value:   1033
Thursday December 20th, 2018 at 9:50 AM
Field:   developer
New Value:   2369
Thursday December 20th, 2018 at 9:50 AM
Field:   Name
New Value:   Hoyle Official Book of Games Volume 1

tripredacus

Re: Rejected edits to *very* sparse entry
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 11:05:17 am »
First things first, we really do not like for users to edit an entry to potentially change it into something else. And for this particular entry simply titled "Hoyle" only emceemd can tell us what it is supposed to be. We cannot simply guess it is Hoyle Official Book of Games and even if it were, which release would it be?

Add the item you have as a separate entry. This one will remain until either emceemd tells us what it is, or we get tired of it being around and just delete it.

Re: Rejected edits to *very* sparse entry
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 03:04:26 pm »
Okay then, sorry, thanks for the reply, I'll resubmit as a new entry