Author Topic: Best Sonic Game  (Read 3743 times)

ferraroso

Re: Best Sonic Game
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 01:48:01 am »
I love Sonic CD's complexity and replay value, Sonic 3's length and scope and Sonic Mania's challange...
However, I have to choose Sonic 2 as the best preciselly because it is the opposite of the former three. It is so polished in its simplicity that, for me it is the closest to perfection a Sonic game has ever been.

I have to mention that the Master System version of the first game holds a very special place in my heart though... It is, by far, the Sonic game I've played the most.

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 02:49:43 am »
I have Sonic Mega Collection on the PS2 and the Sonic Ultimate Collection both on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. I never actually played the original cartridges. I never could really get into what I played in Sonic The Hedgehog 1 or 2 or any of the others. But the Gameboy advance port is better than what other people say it is. The Gameboy Advance version of Sonic The Hedgehog  has a stage select feature and from what I believe the Sonic GBA version is just like a remake of Sonic The Hedgehog 1
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

wolfen

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 07:15:27 am »
I played most Sonic games through the Sonic Mega Collection on the Gamecube. I have to say I am happily surprised by the love 3D Blast is getting, because I thought I was the only person that liked that game.

I personally think Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the pinnacle of Sonic games, 2D or otherwise, and my favorite 3D game is Sonic 3D Blast, it just has a certain charm to it that no other Sonic game has. I also want to mention Sonic Generations and Sonic Mania as those are the only worthwhile modern Sonic games and I really hope Sega makes more future games in the same vein as them.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2018, 08:44:06 am »
Wow, I assumed everyone would say Sonic 3 & Knuckles because general internet consensus seems to be that it is the best. It does my heart good to see so many saying Sonic 2, which IMO is the best one. The level design is tighter, the graphics and music are better, and the bonus levels are more fun (those bonus levels in Sonic 3 where you have to touch all the blue spheres are annoying and frustrating; I would avoid doing them most of the time).

Flashback2012

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2018, 06:11:59 pm »
I'm really disappointed that this game never got a port from its arcade version to other systems. I had hoped they could have included it on Sonic Gems Collection...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzsdBMg8eOA

I think it could be done today with either a touchscreen system like the 3DS or actually any system using an analog controller. Of course, Sega probably lost the source code or something though.  :-\ At least Ray and Mighty haven't been forgotten about.

Spent a lot of time with Sonic 1, Sonic Adventure, Sonic 3D Blast, and Sonic Spinball. Knuckles Chaotix wasn't too bad from what I remember. I've no idea which one is best nor do I really know which one is my favorite. I've always appreciated Sonic more as a mascot & character than enjoyed his games. One of these days I'll get around to playing Generations and Mania/Mania Plus.  :P

kypherion

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2018, 10:25:08 pm »
Sonic and the Secret Rings, duh.  :o
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

aliensstudios

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2018, 10:39:23 pm »
Sonic 3 & Knuckles hands down. Mania is great and Sonic Advance is pretty good too. Also, I've alway personally had a soft spot for 3D Blast as well.

I like 3D Blast, too. I think you are the only other person I've ever heard say something positive about it.
Well, it was my first exposure to Sonic as a kid as we had it on the PC in the late nineties. Honestly, it may have been the first game I ever played myself without just watching a brother or my dad play. Unfortunately I think my mom sold that copy at a garage sale or gave it away around the turn of the millennium, but I own it for both Saturn and Genesis and enjoy both versions of the game having played through each of them a handful of times.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."