Author Topic: Favorite Music of 2018  (Read 986 times)

Favorite Music of 2018
« on: December 22, 2018, 06:06:56 am »
It seems like with this year after grabbing Amazon Unlimited, I've been coming across more stuff I've overlooked, so I actually didn't have tons of new music that drew me in, but there were some definite good listens.  I actually got kinda hooked on some of the 80's retro stuff that's become popular, listening to actual albums from the 80's like the Bubblegum Crisis OST's, or more recent with Carpenter Brut's album, and another thing or two here and there.

Judas Priest - Firepower - I liked Judas Priest's last album, but this has much better production and it's just some quality heavy metal.

Ghost - Prequelle - I don't love this one as much as Meliora, lacks the same punch, but it's still an overall real good album.

Carpenter Brut - Leather Teeth - I don't love everything about the whole retro 80's synth revival that has been going on now, but certain things that mix with metal or are more aggressive, really do it for me, which makes this album very good, as its very aggressive compared to a lot of the other 80's stuff going on.  Real pounding bass and drums to it, though it does have some chill songs.  I've listened to this album quite abit and will probably be considered my favorite of the year, which is abit crazy as someone who is a big metalhead lol

KOSM - Cosmonaut - This one is currently kind of an honorable mention as I just found it the other day and haven't figured out if it has staying power, but it's some solid prog metal with Lovecraftian themes.

Re: Favorite Music of 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 06:37:15 pm »
I don't think I have anything current yet, as you may already know I too love 1960's 1970's 1980's and early 1990's metal music, but I'm not into the Thrash or Death Core or even Screamo. I like strong guitar sound both electric or acoustic and some of the old school sounds and rocken drum beats. But I don't like anything that honors the so called beast, and that includes light and even some soft pop or rock music out there these days and even past.

I used to like Judas Priest but I out grew them, I got tired of the songs themed about hell doom and gloom, I do like their sound still but it really put some bad thoughts into my head

I know someones gonna hate what I just said, so I'm preparing the backlash ahead of time

But in case anyone wounders I do listen to Black Sabbath, Metalica, Megadeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie James Dio, Steppenwolf, Jimi Hendrix, Mountain, Deep Purple, Queensryche, Riot, Tesla, Great White  and just about all older music that none probably cares to listen to anymore. I am not really picky but I am a little bit picky.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 11:21:54 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

stealthrush

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 09:48:34 pm »
I've been catching up on last years albums besides discovering bands I missed out on. I'm open minded to many genres with the exception of extreme, death, sludge, doom etc. 

Jonathan Davis - Black Labyrinth - side project by front man of Korn where majority of the tracks have been recorded ten years ago has finally been released. favorite track : gender

A Perfect Circle - Eat the Elephant - the long-awaited was released with mixed reviews, personally I enjoyed the direction the album went. favorite track : hourglass

Terror Universal - Make Them Bleed - Supergroup consisting of member from Machine Head, Soulfly, Upon a Burning Body and Ill Nino. favorite track : welcome to hell

Nonpoint - x - Strong album with little change in the bands formula. favorite track : chaos and earthquakes

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 04:37:30 am »

A Perfect Circle - Eat the Elephant - the long-awaited was released with mixed reviews, personally I enjoyed the direction the album went. favorite track : hourglass
I can't speak to the album, but I saw them live in November and it was incredible.

soera

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 08:42:53 am »
The only thing I can contribute to this right now is that the newest Disturbed release is miserable. I know its called Evolution but at the same time, its Disturbed. Evolve into something that is close to what you were doing. It literally sounds like some boring elevator music with lyrics. Its definitely a sign of the end of my favorite band of all time.