Author Topic: Atari Flashback Portable Device, Is Actually Vary Fun And Convenient  (Read 964 times)

I just got one of the "Atgames Atari Portable Deluxe" for a gift yesterday, and I found it one of the best ways to play Atari games on the go! or in a relaxed position. It has a really cool Gameboy Advance SP like screen. It plays wonderfully in the dark or with the lights off. Instead of any type of joystick it has a d-pad and many other buttons, it is in my opinion the best way to enjoy Atari games or even Atari ROM's in fact it can hold the entire Atari library, with it's SD card ability that can go up to 8 Gigabytes. But the SD card is sold separately.

Best of all it charges with an internal battery, like a cell phone, and you don't need to replace batteries, it takes SD cards also.  plus it comes with 70 games built in. My sister got me some ROM's off AtariAge. Believe it or not even if you don't like handhelds this one is a good thing to have, in my opinion. (edit) the A button is sometimes unresponsive

TO BUY THE VERSION I HAVE
https://www.amazon.com/Atari-Flashback-Portable-Deluxe-built-Especial/dp/B076SY8CPH
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 11:10:21 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Atari Flashback Portable Device, Is Actually Vary Fun And Convenient
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:14:02 pm »
Here are The ROM links for your SD card, somewhere in the link is two zip files of all the compatible games!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/258970-atari-flashback-portable-faq-and-compatibility-list/

You need just about everything and all the information that link can provide to get you Atari ROMS up and running.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:17:09 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Atari Flashback Portable Device, Is Actually Vary Fun And Convenient
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 01:07:57 pm »
I have the SEGA version of the same thing (exact same hardware, different software).  It’s pretty nice.  The home brewed software I put in it added the whole GEN library along with better save capabilities.  I bet the Atari version is superior just because it has less need for those features.