Author Topic: Social Media Gaming Groups; good or bad?  (Read 818 times)

Social Media Gaming Groups; good or bad?
« on: December 23, 2018, 11:09:22 am »
I was wondering what people's thoughts, feelings and experiences were in regards to Facebook or other social media video game groups. Do you enjoy them; have they produced a lot of friendships, good deals and good times? Or have them been more negative with people backstabbing each other, needless drama and politics, and people trying to tip other people off?

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Re: Social Media Gaming Groups; good or bad?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 03:39:03 pm »
All depends on the group in my experience.  I really enjoy the Collectors of America FB groups and the local groups in my state and city.  I have met some good friends and gotten some great deals. There can be lots of needless drama and politics but often easy to ignore/mute.  There's usually more drama and scamming in the national groups too. 

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 04:47:16 pm »
I've been a part of one for years and made some friends from it, so I think they are generally good.  A few rocky moments here and there from a few people having conflicting personalities, but its generally been worth it.

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 09:09:31 am »
I used to be in a video game clan, it was alright
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 11:18:44 am »
Some groups are more toxic than others. All are worse than here, pretty much, though. I stay away from the troll groups.

I'm pretty active on Facebook in the MetalJesusRocks Group and Console Purists. As well as the catch-all nerd groups Official Nerd Nation and Nerd Hideout.