Author Topic: Your Favorite Fighting Game Currently  (Read 1307 times)

Your Favorite Fighting Game Currently
« on: December 24, 2018, 07:10:47 am »
the graphics most people would consider them trash

There is not too many fighting games I can actually enjoy. Especially the ones that reward fast controllers combos as the only way to win. I like balance I don't mind losing if I don't get cheated. That is why my favorite fighting game of all time actually is the emulated version of Atari 2600's Boxing game. Now the graphics are not that much to look at, I never actually played this game on an actual Atari 2600 console.

This game for the most part is extremely balanced, winning is just as fun as losing sometimes, , but this game is is my favorite fighting game of all time currently. There is strategy surprisingly in this game therefore button mashing the only button is not how you win, making this balanced fighting game in my opinion. You only can punch at certain times and if your timing is off you can't punch, many people may not understand this game at first glance If you do have any like for the Atari 2600 you may enjoy this game as much as I do :)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:18:05 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Your Favorite Fighting Game Currently
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 08:37:40 am »
Spyro reignited.  8)

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 09:16:48 am »
Tekken 3

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 09:51:28 am »
Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late[st]
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

shfan

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 10:14:05 am »
I'm not a big fan of 1-on-1 fighting games, but I did play several back in the day which I would still enjoy playing:

*Real Bout Fatal Fury (PS1) - Duck King is always my character ("Wonder-ful!")
*Tobal (PS1) - Love the one on one mode, but the dungeon mode is an absolute peach.
*Ergheiz (PS1) - Same as Tobal.
*Human Killing Machine (ZX Spectrum) - Kick a dog which looks like a sheep and flops like a fish to death. DEATH.  >:(
*Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (Wii) - this is an absolute gem, love playing as the Yatterman characters or Frank West.

That 2600 boxing game was sweet back in the day, loved the sound effects.

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 11:44:49 am »
Hmm, right now I'm playing a lot of Smash Ultimate. I just enjoy the experience more than the traditional fighters. Lots of single player content to enjoy and group battle make for plenty options. I also feel like I have the most control over Smash characters since there's no complex comboing.

However some honorable mentions of games I've played and liked:
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
The Zatch Bell Fighters
Blaz Blue Cross Tag Battle (switch)
Street Fighter 2 (SNES)

mizzach86

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 02:56:34 pm »
I like pretty much all fighting games, although I can't stand unbalanced BS boss fights. I especially like the new Netherrealm games.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 03:13:06 pm »
Mainly Smash bros, Soul Calibur and Guilty Gear series
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 03:56:00 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 03:41:05 pm »
My top 5

1. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
2. Marvel vs Capcom 2
3. Super Street Fighter 2
4. Mortal Kombat 9
5. Street Fighter Alpha 3

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 04:30:36 pm »
I like the idea of fighting games more than I do playing them, but I liked Injustice 2, which had some cool ideas.  Classic Street Fighter 2 and its many versions are always fun.  Smash Bros Ultimate is cool.  Guilty Gear has the best music ever, but those are crazy fighting games.  I'd also like Dragon Ball FighterZ more if it was a single fighter game as I don't really love tag team games.  I'm probably going to start getting into Mortal Kombat 11 when that comes out.  Never the biggest fan of how they played control wise, always preferred Street Fighter more, but NetherRealm does really fun stuff with their games nowadays.

Oh and I use to play Tekken 3 alot back in the day.

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 04:50:48 pm »
I'ev had a really big conflict with Fighting games this generation - What it simply comes down to is the way they handle DLC. I'm fed up of buying a bare bones Edition at launch and having the game span out years ahead with multiple DLC Season Passes. i jsut wantto be able to pick-up a game and enjoy it and know with confidence that I am not missing out. Yet every fighting game I have bought this generation has duped me. I think If I were to praise any of them NeverRealm seem to at least be consitent in release a Complete Edition within a year of a release.

But my favouriters Fighting series Tekken 7 let me down big time. I should say that the intial evening I bought Tekken 7 I was thrilled as it offered one of the best Stopry presentations since the PS1 days. But after being the 4-5 hour story mode there was NOTHING to go back to, just a crumby story mode with 1-2 encounters with each character which felt pointless. There was no Survival Mode which is something that if I'm playing a fighting game I tend to preffer going on and seeing how far i get.

I am interested in Dragon Ball Fighterz, but once again I am holding out on a Complete Edition. One complete Edition I did enjoy was Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, While a PS3 game it looks phenominal and has tons of content that makes modern fighters this then look very weak. Dead or Alive 6 is out next year but I will of course have to wait once again for a Complete Edition...

But beyond that my favourite Fighters at

1. Tekken 3/Tag Tag Torunament
2. Soul Calibur II
3 Dead Or Alive 2
4. Mortal Kombat XL
5. Street Fighter II
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 04:57:56 pm by vivigamer »

stealthrush

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 09:12:56 pm »
My personal favorite video game genre, especially 2D-fighting! I've been currently playing old-school SNK fighters the past year; Fatal Fury / Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special 2, The Last Blade 2, Breakers Revenge. The only recent fighting game being The King of Fighters XIV.

My top five favorite would look something like this;

1. The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
2. Street Fighter III Third Strike
3. Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium
4. Ultra Street Fighter IV
5. The King of Fighters XI

HM: Samurai Shodown VI, The King of Fighters XIII, Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus R.

azure

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2018, 11:04:21 pm »
My go to fighters have always been Smash and Guilty Gear for the most part.

kypherion

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2018, 11:28:30 pm »
Smash Ultimate. It's so good, especially since Ganondorf's voice and appearance are OOT.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"