Author Topic: Holiday loot thread 2018!!!  (Read 2541 times)

Holiday loot thread 2018!!!
« on: December 24, 2018, 05:09:52 pm »
Post your gaming gifts here and show us what Santa, your cool mom, or your significant other got you for Christmas and/or Hanukkah this year!

kevininja

Re: Holiday loot thread 2018!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 06:59:30 pm »

Already posted this over in the December pick-ups thread but let's get this thread going!

wolfen

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 09:13:10 pm »
Well I'll post my Secret Santa stuff again here.

https://i.imgur.com/x9N9ETFh.jpg

I'll post more tomorrow when I open family presents. Also how do I post an image in my post without it being absolutely gigantic?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 11:54:28 am by wolfen »

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 09:17:13 pm »
Early gift from my sis.  These things are way brighter than I expected as they aren't just like a little light bulb in the middle that lights out to the corners, it's like a full LED light panel or something.

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 02:51:00 am »
Had an amazing XMAS eve in terms of presents! I was on a huge fighting game kick when I made my Christmas list this year and my girlfriend absolutely delivered! I'm going to be in fighting game heaven tomorrow! For now I need to get some sleep.

kevininja

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 03:24:22 pm »
Had an amazing XMAS eve in terms of presents! I was on a huge fighting game kick when I made my Christmas list this year and my girlfriend absolutely delivered! I'm going to be in fighting game heaven tomorrow! For now I need to get some sleep.

Man those Sega Saturn covers are gorgeous!

kypherion

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 03:57:42 pm »
The PS Classic was my game gift, but I got money to spend so most likely I'll get Hyrule Warriors, Four Swords Adventures and some Trauma Center games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 11:12:21 pm »
I had a great Christmas, but almost none of it was gaming related.

The big one, that sort of is gaming related, is the prize I won at the Christmas work party: a 65-inch 4K Smart TV by Sharp!

The one actual gaming-related item I got was a cool 1985 Mario T-Shirt from my wife.

Also got a lot of blu-rays of some favorites: Day of the Dead: Collector's Edition (with the awesome documentary), Hell of the Living Dead DVD, and Fantastic 4 (2015) Blu-Ray (only fan of the this movie on the planet).

Got a lot of cash between grandparents and in-laws. A subway gift card. Jeans, and t-shirts.

I'm blessed with a great family. Hope everyone had as great of a Christmas as I did!

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 11:27:12 pm »
Didn't get much gaming stuff this time, but I did get a nice new Corsair K55 keyboard as I've been using cheapos for awhile and I got a Deathadder Expert, because it was a pretty comfy mouse for me in the past.  It's more basic than I thought compared to the current batch of Deathadder's, but it fits very nice.

Aside from the non-gaming stuff I got, I also got some cash, so I'll be using that to likely pick up Darksiders 3 and maybe Mega Man 11.

wolfen

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 12:47:58 am »
This is my Christmas haul http://i.imgur.com/meXruqs.jpg

In addition to the games and movies I also got a Patrick Mahomes jersey and my mom has some late gifts coming for me. I got everything I really wanted and I played Dead Cells most of the day so it was a great Christmas for me and the family.

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 08:51:55 am »
I got from my SS

Eureka Seven Vol. 2 (PS2)
Spectral Force Genesis (NDS)
Lost Dimension (PS3)
Record of Agarest War (360)

I got from my wife

Blood Drive (360)
Battlestations Pacific (360)

and I got from my brother

428 Shibuya Scramble (PS4)

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 10:03:24 am »
From my Secret Santa:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrtXTlIBD7M/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1dbrjofe9akdl

But outside of VGCollect I didn't get much game stuff.

Switch Pro Controller from the GF
And Octopath Traveler from my sister, which was a BIG surprise.

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 10:11:49 am »
This is the is pretty much what video game related thing I got and I really really like it :D.

I didn't participate in the Secret Santa this year because I don't have much money and I would definitely disappointed someone. In case anyone wants to know that is why, and I don't have a wish list currently. and My games probably won't appeal to most gamers also, I also can't be sure how the condition my games are in because I got them used

I like what I have and couldn't ask for more, I got nowhere to put more video games :)

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:24:38 am by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 04:21:20 pm »
Aside from the secret Santa I got
Marvel's Spider-Man (ps4)
Yakuza Kiwami 2(ps4)
Y's vii(switch)
DOOM(switch)

Non-gaming
-Pants
-the Diaster Artist book
-Jack Daniel's "Gentlemen Jack"
- deadpool travel cup
- Lady Deadpool figure

The other big thing I ended up getting was a "Z-Line Gaming Performance Desk". Now while writing this up I looked up the desk to get the name of it and Holy Hell I did not expect my dad to pick up a desk this expensive. The only reason I asked for one was that mine fell apart last year during moving(he went to move it and it collapsed) and he said he would replace it and the desk I was thinking of getting was about $60 so this has honestly got to be my favorite present in years

telly

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2018, 04:23:38 pm »
I didn't get any gaming items for Christmas outside of SS but that's fine, I have so many PS4 games to play that I'm set for a long time xD
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery