Author Topic: How Much Do You Value Physical Video Game Compilations?  (Read 1940 times)

Re: How Much Do You Value Physical Video Game Compilations?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2020, 04:06:40 pm »
I don't imagine many digital compilations coming out, if only becuase I imagine most companies would release the games ala carte to get more sales. I prefer the physical take- I've found some very cool games becuase they were on a compilation I bought for another reason (Bosconian comes to mind.) I wouldn't discover these games if they weren't sold as a package deal.

True because that is how game companies work less and make the most money, and digital period gives them more control over their products,  and basically grab the gamers by the nuts whenever a new console comes out. It give them an excuse to stop supporting the old generation game and then forcing people to pay again for the same game, (or a newer console).then the PS4 console might become useless once the PS5 is selling in. If I was a dirty rotten businessman I would stop the online download access for the PS4 so I rack in sales on both PS4 and PS5 games. Since the PS4 only plays PS4 games and blu-rays. and the PS5 is going to play both PS4 and PS5 games.

I sound like a broken recond I'll admit but, I have every reason to be this way, that is why I don't own any PS4 games or a PS4

I wouldn't discover these games if they weren't sold as a package deal.

Emulation will broaden your horizons.

There's alot of under the radar games that never see the light of day and emulation opens up the possibility of people discovering them

It allows for people to see homebrew games on consoles as well

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 04:14:49 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 02:03:43 pm »
Have been looking for the Sengoku Anthology for the PS2 for ages
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

shatterstar69

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2020, 05:54:18 am »
Ive long been a sucker for compilations as well.  It’s just cool when companies combine a lot
of older titles or games in a series together.  I love the Rare replay collection
on Xbox for example.  I’ll buy games like this even though I might already own the originals
Time to make the donuts!