Author Topic: Favorite Movies of 2018  (Read 1353 times)

Favorite Movies of 2018
« on: December 31, 2018, 03:46:27 am »
What was the favorite movies you watched this year?

Annihilation - It's been awhile since I've watched a very dark and intense scifi movie that I really liked.  The idea of it, the atmosphere, the horror is done real well and you get really engaged. 

Pacific Rim 2: Uprising - People give this one a lot of shit, and in aspects deservedly so, as it's not nearly as good as the first movie, but I had a lot of fun with the film.  Del Toro would've made a much better film with the same kinda heft and impact as the first, but in terms of giant monsters and giant mechs, it's a good time.

Rampage - Now this one is not a good movie, but dammit I enjoy it lol It's The Rock at his "Rockiest" and you can feel the fatigue setting in on him, but once you start getting giant monsters attacking everyone, it gets fun.  I love the whole finale as nonsense as it is.  Thinking about it, it could be my favorite videogame movie ever perhaps...Not a high mark to reach, but it's still an achievement.

Avengers: Infinity War - For what is the culmination of 10 years of movies, I think this is a great beginning of the end for this era of superhero movies.  I don't think Marvel can ever hit the same high ever again and they don't really need to.  We'll still get some good films though and this one and the next one will be a good one to go out on.

Deadpool 2 -  Ryan Reynolds kills it as this character and these movies have just been great.  Doubt we'll get anything like this again with him going to Disney, but at least we got two fun Deadpool films.

Incredibles 2 - Just as fun as the first one was to me, making both of them two of my favorite Pixar films.

Train to Busan - I still enjoy zombie games and movies and this is probably one of the better zombie films I've seen in years.  I kept worrying it would become World War Z with its zombies, but it never does and the concept of confining survivors to locations can work really well.  I also like how the zombies were very animated as it makes them stand out from other types of zombies we've seen before.

The Night Comes For Us - It's The Raid and The Raid 2, just with a mob setup and lots of violence.  LOTS OF VIOLENCE.  I don't feel like this is quite as good as those two, but it's super violent as fuck and crazy with how far they take it lol

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - This and the game are the easily two of the best forms of Spider-Man media we've gotten.  While I don't love some of its art style decisions, everything else is just wonderful.  A really fun time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:57:10 am by kamikazekeeg »

mizzach86

Re: Favorite Movies of 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 12:34:30 pm »
I loved the new Halloween. If you grew up with 80s slashers or like horror in general, the new one does the original a lot of justice. Can't wait to get it on UHD Blu-ray.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 12:43:56 pm »
My Top 10 films released in 2018 (at least that I've seen so far)

10. Solo: A Star Wars Story
9. Black Panther
8. A Quiet Place
7. Sorry to Bother You
6. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
5. Annihilation
4. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
3. Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
2. BlacKkKlansman
1. Hereditary

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 01:05:39 pm »
Avengers: Infinity Wars is definetly #1 for me. Such an epic and heavy superhero movie with amazing special effects and repercussions that will echo throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Venom was pretty damn awesome to see on the big-screen, finally, for me, too.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 04:45:52 pm »
Oh yeah, A Quiet Place, almost forgot about that movie, but I really liked it too.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 11:40:39 pm »
I really don't watch movies anymore.  It's kinda sad looking back.  Most other forms of media consume my time :(

My favorite video of 2018 is Ariana Grande's videos.  They are awesome coreography.

I don't remember if IT was 2018 or not.  But it's like one of the only movies I watched this year.  I liked it very much.  It was way better than the original and the characters were incredible. 

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 12:11:26 am »
Out of the 3 movies I have seen this year
1. Incredibles 2
2. Halloween
3. Black Panther

stealthrush

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 12:35:59 am »
1. Death of a Nation
2. The 15:17 to Paris
3. Ant-Man and the Wasp

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 09:44:31 am »
Sadly all the new movies I saw this year were trash or just very forgettable.

kypherion

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 10:21:04 pm »
Avengers was my most hyped movie. Definitely enjoyed that one.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"