Author Topic: Amazon Is No Longer The Best Place To Buy Video Games In America (wrong regions)  (Read 18817 times)

I've never had an issue with Amazon, provided that I have made sure I am actually ordering from Amazon.  Buying from other people on the Amazon marketplace is not buying from Amazon, it's buying from people using it as a storefront.

That said, I agree with so many others - I don't know if Amazon ever was the best place to buy games.  Definitely the most convenient, but best?  Questionable.  The release day shipping was nice - but it was always inconsistent.  Until the end of GCU, I'd say that Best Buy was actually the best place to buy new games, by a large margin.

kashell

I get gift cards to Amazon all the time (thanks Bing!) so I tend to buy newer games from them. For used games, it's a once in a blue moon sort of deal.

I used to like amazon in but I just read more issues about them (read this)

Amazon is continuing on a downward spiral, from what I understand reading customer reviews on multiple things related to video games and it looks like it is getting even worse.

First off I'm not the only one receiving filthy used video game equipment from sellers on Amazon.com's website. I just read at least 3 other product reviews on a used Xbox360 controller with multiple people complaining about receiving disgusting used and even broken video game equipment. some covered in old food and grime and caused this one mans wife to puke when the man un-boxed the used wired Xbox360 controller in the mail

Back in 2015 I bought my first PlayStation 3 it worked fine and still works but, I had it fixed once. but when I first got it the shell of the consoles was comming apart.

My 2nd PlayStation 3 consoles I bought for 120USD on amazon a year later was caked in brownsause or some kind of dried soda substance.

Not only is sellers on amazon giving people the wrong regions some of their video game sellers must be getting things out of dumpsters and then selling them on amazon. I am highly upset to see that a website I used to love has fallen in the video game department.

It's seems that poor management at the Amazon HQ. they really should tighten their sellers because somebody is selling crappy game equipment and I paid over $120USD for a POS covered in brown dirt just like someone got it out of a trash dumpster, and I'm not the only one. I was nice and didn't complain but I should have gave that seller a bad review.

and in case you are curious I got my golf game in the mail quite a while ago. and it's in excellent clean shape and it was from JJgames.com online store
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:05:33 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

I’ve never bought anything off of Amazon’s marketplace, as I prefer buying mainly from Amazon itself. Back in 2008-09 they screwed up a bunch of my orders, and in turn their bottom line.

For instance, this used to happen constantly: I would order a number of games, and either I would get a wrong one or they would miss one or two entirely, or both in some instances. I would contact them; they would send me another package and somehow repeat the mistake. I would contact them yet again, explain the situation, and they would instead refund me. This became the same song and dance for a good while until I gave up on brand new games over used ones and started using eBay more.

I haven’t bought anything there in a hot minute, as the kids say this day, but all in all, I have nothing bad to say about Amazon – I like their service and often see good deals.

I have never had an issue where I've gotten the wrong region game from any of my Amazon purchases. And even if I did, their return policy is simple and generous, making getting a replacement/refund a nonissue.

This is true.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!