Author Topic: What is your opinions on strategy guides?  (Read 1782 times)

gf78

Re: What is your opinions on strategy guides?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 02:06:31 pm »
On a side note there are also guides that I feel very sentimental towards even if they aren't all that necessary or helpful. An example of this is Star Fox 64. The game is an on-rails shooter and while there are some fun secret areas and paths, it is by no means a complex or difficult game. However, I adore Star Fox 64 and the guide just enhances that sense of adoration I have for it.

That's pretty spot-on for me. The few guides I do own are for games & series that I am particularly fond of. Having the Collector's guide to go along with my Breath of the Wild collectors edition game makes it all the more special for me.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 04:49:06 pm »
I just got some The Sims 3 for PC Strategy Guides but I have not looked at them yet. All this Sims Series on PC are worth buying the strategy guides for, In my opinion because all sites I have found have too much ads.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 05:11:14 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kashell

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 09:24:30 am »
On a side note there are also guides that I feel very sentimental towards even if they aren't all that necessary or helpful. An example of this is Star Fox 64. The game is an on-rails shooter and while there are some fun secret areas and paths, it is by no means a complex or difficult game. However, I adore Star Fox 64 and the guide just enhances that sense of adoration I have for it.

That's pretty spot-on for me. The few guides I do own are for games & series that I am particularly fond of. Having the Collector's guide to go along with my Breath of the Wild collectors edition game makes it all the more special for me.
Same here! The Xenogears and SaGa Frontier guides are two of my favorites. Nostalgia is part of the reason.

telly

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 09:02:23 am »
I was just looking through a FFX guide online which has some great illustrations. I also have a couple GameCube strategy guides from Nintendo Power which are fun to look through :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pzeke

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 09:31:15 am »
Love ‘em, even to this day. I used to get them mostly for RPGs, though, but I do think they make a nice addition to a collection so long as you have the space.

I’m still in the market for some guides, specifically for Pokémon games.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!