Author Topic: Do y'all have your digital games added to your collection list on this site?  (Read 4136 times)

Dumb question yes but I was wondering if y'all have your digital games meshed in with your physical collection on this site? I ask because while I do have a few on my account, I never got around to adding them all and was thinking of just having them separate from here but the same time not. I figured I get some opinions since I have no clue.

gf78

I bounce back and forth. I have a few digital titles on here, but I think I'm going to take them off. 

A digital game isn't tangible and to me, it's not collectible. Just my opinion.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

No, if the site had a way to seperate Digital Games from Physical games on the overall total then I would be more inclined, but I don't really think of Digital Games as part of my collection - The majority I have bought cheap when I have no option for a Physical alternative.

I've noticed may people also add "Swag", Soundtracks, guides or even consoles, but I like my collection count on here to strictly focus on games.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 02:20:01 pm by vivigamer »

No, and I don’t buy digital games, either. Until/unless they get a physical they do not exist to me.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

hexen

Nope. You don't own digital games, they are rented to you and can be stolen from you for any reason. To me tracking digital games would be the same as tracking pirated games, they are very similar except a pirated game is worth more to you...

Can you tell I hate digital games?
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Yeah. I paid for them. And it keeps me from paying for it again, unless I just love it so much I have to have the physical counterpart.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:45:20 pm by burningdoom »

telly

I have a few digital games added, though a fair portion of them I have to redownload once I get another working PS3. My one steam game was on my old laptop so that's in limbo currently  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

Nope. You don't own digital games, they are rented to you and can be stolen from you for any reason. To me tracking digital games would be the same as tracking pirated games, they are very similar except a pirated game is worth more to you...

LOL. I see your point. I have a need for a physical "thing" when it comes to my collection.

I understand many "indies" being distributed digitally, but full-price retail games?  I couldn't bring myself to pay more than a few bucks for one. I think aside from something like the Switch Zelda and Smash Bros. DLC, the most I've ever spent was to get Cuphead. And that card was given to me.

I DO count "swag" items like books, videos, toys, etc. because they are directly related to the video games themselves. If I wouldn't count those items as part of my collection, I shouldn't count the hardware either. To me, it's all one big happy family as long as A:  I can physically own it and B:  It is related to the games themselves (strategy guide, art book, figure, etc) or is used to play said games.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

I don't.

Easy there tiger

sworddude

No, if the site had a way to seperate Digital Games from Physical games on the overall total then I would be more inclined, but I don't really think of Digital Games as part of my collection - The majority I have bought cheap when I have no option for a Physical alternative.

I've noticed may people also add "Swag", Soundtracks, guides or even consoles, but I like my collection count on here to strictly focus on games.

as far as swag and strategy guides go. If you press on the side picture of your collection the game count will be seperated from swag and strategy guides instead of the total number that is your  total collection

https://vgcollect.com/about/vivigamer

Also as far as digital games go, for every consoles it is seperated so digital is not mixed with the physical collection if I am not mistaken

Back on topic

Digital games might not be permanent but to be fair most people will not replay a certain game once they are done with it It's just how it goes you do not pay for a digital copy to collect it but you want to play the game if your done with it you got your moneys worth for 5 to 10 or more years. And if you really like the game that much you could just get said game after 10 years for dirt cheap if your download in those rare instances might get lost so there is not really an issue here if your download gets lost except for certain exclusives wich get emulated anyways if enough time has past.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:21:57 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Agozer

Yes, I do. Those are still a part of my collection. Plus, it helps me keep track of what I've bought.

Yes, but I don't plan on ever playing with my Steam library again. because the steam app freezes my computer at random (even if I uninstall it). And Steam is too prone to malicious people stealing others accounts
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Greetings.

It is a good question. In my case i am just registering my RPG collection for now but i tend to add both physical and digital just because i can keep track of all versions, and, if i am still alive in time for retirement, i want to know what i have so i can beat the ones pending (let's hope the services will still be available by that time! : D ).

I usually add tags or descriptions to help differentiate, and have also things like Excel and other external apps to help out : )

ferraroso

Never did, never will.
I can understand people who add digital games to their collections, but since I don’t consider I OWN them, I only add such games to my collection here after I purchase a physical copy.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 10:37:52 am by ferraroso »