Author Topic: Error Listings and rejected edits 2019  (Read 71991 times)

tripredacus

Re: Error Listings and rejected edits 2019
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2019, 10:32:43 am »
Could the admin who kindly updated https://vgcollect.com/item/156170 < this entry let me know what's wrong with the images? The current image is a sealed copy, the image on the bottom left of the front cover is a sticker on the cellophane seal which covers up the 18+ age rating underneath. Thanks!

Current image is correct. You can put into description about how the rating is below the sticker.

shfan

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 09:44:37 pm »
 :'( Ugh, the current image burns my eyes. Is there a way I can scan the English-language flip-side cover as a separate entry?

tripredacus

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2019, 09:36:17 am »
:'( Ugh, the current image burns my eyes. Is there a way I can scan the English-language flip-side cover as a separate entry?

Well ok, the current image is correct as opposed to the one you tried to put. We certainly could use a better photo of the sealed item in there.

A separate entry for the reversible cover is only allowed if it was originally sold with that cover facing outward, in sealed condition. This is the same for any other game that has a reversible cover. Ideally, we should have more picture slots, so we can have sealed front, loose front, etc because this would also work for other games such as CDs that have obi strips, which is the preferred front image for those types of releases.

shfan

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2019, 06:47:35 pm »
OK, thanks for the explanation  :)

empovyle

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2019, 08:00:14 pm »
Edit: someone ninja'd me already in the Duplicate thread
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 08:03:56 pm by empovyle »

Flashback2012

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2019, 07:00:02 pm »
Marble Blast
https://vgcollect.com/item/157054

Picture shows it for PC CD-ROM, placed in PlayStation [NA]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:57:56 am by tripredacus »

pzeke

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2019, 07:58:01 am »
Super Mario Sunshine (Not For Resale)

I must ask, what's the thing with this website and keeping stock images? I edited the current front cover image for this entry with one that's of better quality AND of the actual item in question, yet it got rejected. Also edited the third image to show the contents, and it also was rejected.

The information is already on file, but that doesn't mean it can't be replaced if a better, more suitable option is found.

Nintendo GameCube - Super Mario Sunshine Bundle!

I edited both the front and back images, even adding a third one showcasing the contents of this bundle, but it was rejected due to "incorrect formatting". The image is the same as the other two, a .jpeg. What gives?

Also, I believe it's quite impersonal that whenever an edit is either approved or rejected, it doesn't state who was the person that approved/rejected said edit. Not taking a jab at whoever rejected these edits, this is simply how I've felt ever since I starting editing entries. For all I know, these rejections could have been made in error.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2019, 09:59:15 am »
Can see no difference in front art in the image you put, besides your image not being properly cropped. Existing front image is of better quality.

Cart art is for picture of the disc, not of the disc in the case.

pzeke

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2019, 11:51:44 pm »
Can see no difference in front art in the image you put, besides your image not being properly cropped. Existing front image is of better quality.

The difference is that it isn't a stock photo and is the front cover of the actual NFR variant. Simple. And if you mean "not properly cropped" because I left the outer layer of the case, as in the black corners, then by that logic the back cover I also submitted shouldn't have been accepted in the first place, regardless of whether the entry had an image for it or not. Matter of fact, I've seen other entries with images like this, plus I have submitted images of this sort before that have gotten approved. Don't see the reason for them not to, quite honestly.

Cart art is for picture of the disc, not of the disc in the case.

Same as above here; I've seen other entries where the third image showcases more than just the disc/cartridge, especially when it comes to editions of a game where additional items are included. Seems inconsistent and rather counterproductive to disallow this in particular.

But you know what, I digress. I'd rather not spend time on a trivial matter. Carry on.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

pzeke

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2019, 03:47:38 pm »
Mad Catz Turbo Controller (Clear)

tripedacus, I have been trying to make proper AND accurate edits to this entry two times now, and both times you have rejected them.

Name, images, even the barcode are correct. The barcode for this particular controller seems to be shared with the Mad Catz Dual Force 2 for PlayStation 2, which I guess is why the edits keep getting rejected.

I personally take pride in the fact that I try to be as thorough with each entry I make, and painstakingly do research before even contemplating submitting or editing anything, which is why I mainly limit myself to doing so for items I own (or am knowledgeable of). We’re human, so we make mistakes, yadda-yadda... Can I proceed with the edits now without any further hindrances?

Thank you.

tripredacus

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2019, 10:37:33 am »
The replacement images, particularly of the controller and the controller as seen in the packaging, are different than the original art on the entry. This is why it is rejected. If there are two different versions of this controller, one with a red PCB and one with a white(?) PCB, then they should have separate entries.

Mad Catz Turbo Controller (Clear)

tripedacus, I have been trying to make proper AND accurate edits to this entry two times now, and both times you have rejected them.

pzeke

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2019, 11:44:41 pm »
The replacement images, particularly of the controller and the controller as seen in the packaging, are different than the original art on the entry. This is why it is rejected. If there are two different versions of this controller, one with a red PCB and one with a white(?) PCB, then they should have separate entries.

Okay, cool, I figured as much after the images for the PS1 Performance controller were rejected. However, you're only adressing the images, the rejected edits made for the rest of this particular entry are completely unwarranted given it is accurate information – specifically the name of the controller.

Also, while I’m at it, let me throw in a suggestion: instead of vague reasons linking to the style guide and what have you, I think it would be much more productive to be specific whenever an edit gets rejected. “Action not allowed” posits more questions than answers.

With that said, can I now edit this entry with proper information...?

tripredacus

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2019, 10:51:29 am »
With that said, can I now edit this entry with proper information...?

Post a picture of this particular (red pcb) controller in packaging to here, if it is the same name, then yes it will be allowed onto that entry.

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2019, 06:38:23 pm »
I just had some edits made to KAR Racing for the PC rejected.

My edits to this entry: https://vgcollect.com/item/143110  to change the title to "KAR Racing - Second Release" was rejected even though it fits the formatting guide.

Games denoting Special/Limited Editions, Box Sets, re-release series and/or special packs: The dash "-" is meant to show special releases, such as limited or collector's editions, greatest hits/ player's choice and any other special release or compilation. Of course, if a game is a special release with variations it would look something like this. Chrono Cross - Greatest Hits or Chrono Cross - Greatest Hits (Silver Backed Disc).

My edit to the description text for that same entry describing the details of the game's packaging changes from other releases was also rejected even though it fits the formatting guide.

The Description field should be notes about the games packaging variants/ pack ins/ collector's edition details. Or trivia about the games release, such as if it is a launch title, last title, a very limited release,  etc. This should not be filled with store descriptions describing the gameplay or hyping up the title. Plagiarizing descriptions from other sources will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

pzeke

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2019, 10:05:16 pm »
Post a picture of this particular (red pcb) controller in packaging to here, if it is the same name, then yes it will be allowed onto that entry.

You’re jesting, right? They’re the same controller, just different colors. I can understand being doubtful of the barcode, although is not unusual for an item to share the same one, but the rest of the package is the same through and through.

I don’t have pictures of the red one, but the ones below are for the same controller series, just different colors. The packaging is the same.

Silver

Translucent Blue