Author Topic: What are your guys new years resolutions?  (Read 1042 times)

kypherion

What are your guys new years resolutions?
« on: January 03, 2019, 12:58:43 am »
Mine are
-to draw more
-play more of my video games instead of the same ones
-surpass 400 owned video games this year
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

Re: What are your guys new years resolutions?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 04:39:58 am »
Mine are :

- to start a game collection & get to 50-ish games this year
- to get out and walk every day for at least 30 mins (I'm stuck at a desk most of the time for work)
- The big one: ignore trophies/achievements when gaming. I'd gotten obsessed with them and it was ruining my enjoyment of games tbh. Spent way too much time with my head in guides rather than experiencing the game properly. Also playing truly awful games to boost my score or not playing excellent but difficult games that could ruin my completion percentage. When I write all that down, its sounds crazy, but it is true for many many people. So, I've started a new account and turned off trophy notifications. I am enjoying gaming a lot more already :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 04:42:33 am by rhinoceros »

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 05:03:43 am »
Mine are
-to draw more

What sort of drawing do you do?

I need to focus on my drawing more, it has gotten better recently, me and a friend who is also aspiring to illustrate meet up once a week and at our local library and draw, been doing that for the last 4 months or so and I'm getting stuff done :) We used to go to an evening session when we would draw models, but after a while we felt it we just weren't progressing with our own project ideas enough.

The problem I am facing is that it take me a good hour or so to do the sketch work on an A3 piece. By the time I am done I am too precious about it to go over it with colour - This if anything is what I need to work on this year, find a good method for colouring! I did recently Buy ProMarkers on sale, so I am hoping to experiment with them as my attempt with watercolour pencils tanked!

My main gaming Resolution it to play and beat Final Fantasy V! I've never done so before, admittedly the Job system is something that doesn't appeal to me which I've heard is the games main appeal. but it is one of them games I've had no good method to play it (Sorry but the PS1 Anthology version hardly cuts it!) So I am going to Emulate the GBA version on my PC. I've been meaning to do this for a while but after Kingdom Hearts III is all settled I will have the time.

kypherion

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 04:21:17 pm »
Mine are
-to draw more

What sort of drawing do you do?

I just draw video game characters and similar stuff.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"