Author Topic: The Crossover (Wishlist for Fighting Game Crossover Characters)  (Read 1531 times)

The Crossover (Wishlist for Fighting Game Crossover Characters)
« on: January 03, 2019, 09:16:21 pm »
I'm someone that isn't a huge fan of playing all the fighting games, but I love watching a lot of them and I love when characters from different properties join the fray and create fun potential as crossovers.  Akuma in Tekken, Cloud in Smash, 2B in Soul Calibur, Halo Spartan in Dead or Alive, these tend to add some fresh new possibilities to games and I thought it could be fun to talk about characters we would love to show up in current or upcoming fighting games.

Smash Bros Ultimate
Sub-Zero - In the fighting game scene, Mortal Kombat has a long of a history and with Mortal Kombat returning to Nintendo with MK11 this year, I think the blue frosty ninja is a great pick and possibly a an easier choice compared to having Scorpion show up.  His design would be very traditional, much like we saw of Scorpion in the new trailer, but he would have his new MK11 design, and the rest of his looks would just be the different classic ninja colors like Ermac, Smoke, Scoprion, Reptile, etc...The only possibility of this not happening would be due to every character having Japanese origins, the only possible outlier being K.Rool, but that was still a Nintendo property.
Banjo-Kazooie - This is literally my most wanted characters.  I've always been a huge fan of the games, the first game being an all-time favorite, and with their history on the Nintendo 64, I think they are an important choice.  They also aren't of Japanese origin and aren't something Nintendo owns, but I think this is the biggest addition they could have to the game and they have been a big hope by a lot of people.
Monster Hunter - We got a Rathalos, so why not put in a hunter from the game? It's a massively popular Japanese property that got a popular new entry, and it's a character that they've made work in Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, so just bring that over.  The character can be male or female like Robin and could have a few different armor sets and weapons based on the gear.  A traditional Rathalos armor and whatever else is considered iconic for the series.

Mortal Kombat 11
Doom Slayer - I've seen people say they'd love to have Doom Guy or "Doom Slayer" as he is known now in Smash and I personally think that's a complete waste.  For a game known for its brutality that only hit new levels with the reboot of the series, I can't think of a better game for Doom Slayer to show up in.  The only problem could be his projectiles with guns, as that's been shown to be an issue in NetherRealm games in the Injustice series, but I think they could tone that down now due to him in the new game having a sword and maybe keeping his projectiles a little more close range like his shotgun and shoulder flamethrower, and he would have the best brutalities, X-rays, and fatalities.  Honestly my most hoped for choice in MK11.
Spawn - This has been a request for the series for awhile now and knowing the character, it makes a lot of sense.  Seeing what they've done with Injustice 2 characters (Hellboy, TMNT), I think it's more possible than ever now, especially with a Todd Mcfarlane teasing it and Spawn getting abit of a revival with an upcoming new movie.  Plus who wouldn't want to see Spawn tearing people apart with his chains and supernatural cloak? Plus in MK11, with the gear system, he could be customized to look like different versions of the character as people know of how varied Spawn could be.
Ash Williams - Mortal Kombat has a history of horror icons in their games such as Freddy, Leatherface, and Jason, so why not Ash from Evil Dead?  I could maybe see it not happening due to Bruce Campbell not wanting to see basically himself get brutalized horribly, but I think if they could get him to allow it and do the voice acting, this could be amazing.  It could also make for amazing interactions with certain characters like Johnny Cage with their back and forth.  Honestly rivals Doom Slayer for me in most desired because I just don't think there are other worthwhile horror icons that would be good and interesting, the only other one being Michael Myers who is boring as hell and wouldn't be much different from Jason.  Apparently the guest characters are supposed to factor into the story, so Ash would be the best fit, especially when they can factor in the Necronomicron and Deadites into the setting so easily.

soera

Re: The Crossover (Wishlist for Fighting Game Crossover Characters)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 09:22:47 pm »
I cant stand Smash bros so I wont comment on it.

But MK I love. So Ill comment on that. I really dont see what the Doom guy or Ash would do for the roster. Neither of them (imo) would be a stand out worth going through the trouble to acquire. Spawn, however, would be amazing. I would gravitate to him immediately.

azure

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 09:38:50 pm »
I just want Travis Touchdown and Monster Hunter in Smash. Please and thank you  :P

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 10:27:10 pm »
Smash Bros
Shantae
Tails
Mythra (Xenoblade 2)
Someone from to Tales series maybe Yuri because of the port of vesperia coming out soon
Rayman-after the fake video with smash 4 I've wanted to see him on the roster
Linkle or Lana from hyrule warriors- honestly I just want someone else from the Zelda series in smash bros that isn't another Link. I think those two have the beat potential for a moveset

Soul Calibur
Trevor Belmont
Sol Badguy
Dante
No matter what all 3 of these make more sense than Star Wars characters in SC4... you know what add Guts from Berserk to that list of characters

Dead or Alive
Kiryu Kazuma - hey the last one had virtua fighter characters in it so why the hell not
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:33:58 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 02:33:06 am »
I feel if we get Xenoblade 2, the only way it works is Rex with Pyra or Mythra, done through a costume change.  It would basically be like Pokemon Trainer with Mythra and Pyra in the background while Rex fights, joining in with some sick Final Smash of their true form and a huge energy attack from space by the...robot or whatever it was called, I forget.

Flashback2012

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 07:34:09 pm »
Shantae, Shovel Knight for Smash as well as characters like Bomberman and Starfy graduating to full roster from assist (Waluigi too I suppose  :P).  Knuckles as a Sonic echo character. Captain Toad and Toadette as an echo. Birdo as a Yoshi echo?

I wouldn't mind a full on Samurai Shodown X Soul Calibur game. I also wouldn't be upset with a Fighting Layer X Street Fighter successor to the Street Fighter EX series. Dead or Alive 6 with Virtua AND Tekken characters would be nice too. Speaking of Tekken, it SURE would be nice if Bandai-Namco ever made good on the release of Tekken X Street Fighter. Hell, I'd settle for a Soul Calibur with LoZ + Fire Emblem + Xenoblade characters in it.

I haven't been that big into MK since MKII but I like the guest appearances in them and the Injustice games. Since they're doing Injustice already, it'd be neat if they adapted the recently completed Injustice VS. Masters of the Universe into a fighting game.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 08:14:06 pm »
I'd love to see Arcsys get its own Marvel vs Capcom/Capcom vs SNK type of deal with them making a crossover fighting game in their amazing style versus another company, basically making it like Guilty Gear and Blazblue versus say...Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, and Rival Schools.  That would be a great time.  Like I don't even care about Granblue Fantasy, but I'm interested in checking out that new fighting game Arcsys is making lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 12:49:36 pm »
The obvious ones that haven't been made yet that fans all want to see:

1. DC vs. Marvel

2. Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 01:45:16 pm »
I need a Yakuza character in Tekken, either Akiyama, Saejima, Majima, or Kiryu. I would also love to see Bayek from AC in Soulcalibur IV.

ferraroso

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 08:35:55 am »

Someone who understands how I feel...❤️

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 11:48:33 pm »
I definitely think there's gonna be an MK character in smash-I was suspicious after nintendo announced immediately that MK11 would be coming to the switch. Sure, its not a japanse series, but the message was clear after Joker that they'll be shooting much higher when it comes to off the wall DLC characters.

I'm gonna go on a whim and suggest Liu Kang as the MK character rather than either of the Sub zero-Scorption rivalry. Not only was he  the main character of the series before the two mascots jacked his spotlight, but he's a slightly more goofy character that would fit the tone of Smash Bros very well.

I'd absolutely adore Doom Guy in mortal kombat and I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants that. Put two games known for having loads and loads of gore together, it's a match made in heaven.

Someone who understands how I feel...❤️
some nasty wrongthink there guys