Author Topic: Nintendo Fans: What (if any) Wii U games should get a Switch port?  (Read 4699 times)

gf78

The poor Wii U. Nintendo's most unloved console next to Virtual Boy (but we won't count that because it was a mess from the get-go).  In reality, Wii U had some truly terrific games and it would be an absolute shame to see them not be played by more gamers. Especially given the sales pace of the Switch!  We've seen some great games get a second chance at life so far, and previous exclusive Zombi U was ported to PS4 & Xbox One. So far, Nintendo has re-released (or in the case of Breath of the Wild simultaneously released) Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken Tournament and New Super Mario Bros U. Splatoon and Super Smash Bros received sequels that arguably are suped-up re-releases.

What other great games would you like to see make the jump?  Here's my wish list.

Super Mario Maker
Super Mario 3D World
NES Remix Pack
Wonderful 101
Yoshi's Wooley World

And if it's not too much to ask Nintendo...how about that rumored Skyward Sword Hd?!   ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Re: Nintendo Fans: What (if any) Wii U games should get a Switch port?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 04:59:19 pm »
I think Maker should get a sequel or expansion, not necessarily a port.  I think that having the tablet function in tandem with the TV, rather than independently was a semi-important part of the game’s identity.

Though I wouldn’t scoff at a Deluxe version. :D

3D World could benefit from a wider audience as well.  That game is incredible.

gf78

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:16:38 pm »
I think Maker should get a sequel or expansion, not necessarily a port.  I think that having the tablet function in tandem with the TV, rather than independently was a semi-important part of the game’s identity.

Though I wouldn’t scoff at a Deluxe version. :D

3D World could benefit from a wider audience as well.  That game is incredible.

My thinking exactly. Both of these games are phenomenal and need to be played by as many people as possible.

As for making Mario Maker work on Switch, they could easily make it where you can Edit in handheld mode only. Everyone who owns a Switch can use it in both handheld and docked mode. So it's not like making a game that requires a specific peripheral.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 05:22:09 pm »
I'm honestly surprised Mario Maker didn't get a port/update on the Switch. I wish Yoshi's Wooley World would; that was the most surprisingly good game I played on the Wii U.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 06:39:18 pm »
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

/thread

wolfen

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 06:45:27 pm »
For me to get rid of my Wii U I will need to have at least the following games ported to the Switch:

Wind Waker HD
Nintendoland
Super Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Whooly World

gf78

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 06:52:17 pm »
For me to get rid of my Wii U I will need to have at least the following games ported to the Switch:

Wind Waker HD
Nintendoland
Super Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Whooly World

I haven't played Nintendoland. I would ask if it was good, but your inclusion of it makes it clear you enjoy it. I got a copy for I think $0.98 at GameStop several months back. Its complete & like-new.

But I have another idea that I'm going to start a new topic for.

kypherion

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 06:53:56 pm »
Hyrule Warriors already got one, so...
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Tokyo Mirage sessions

These are more or less games I'd like to see on there

I would love it if Four Swords Adventures was adapted to switch.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

wolfen

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 07:11:59 pm »

Wind Waker HD
Nintendoland
Super Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Whooly World

I haven't played Nintendoland. I would ask if it was good, but your inclusion of it makes it clear you enjoy it. I got a copy for I think $0.98 at GameStop several months back. Its complete & like-new.

But I have another idea that I'm going to start a new topic for.

Oh absolutely! It is the only other game besides Wind Waker that utilized the gamepad to its full extent. Each game is very fleshed out like a miniature version of every franchise but, they also feel like their own unique experience, and they have a deep well of gameplay and challenges for the bigger franchises. It's my favorite Wii U game behind only Wind Waker HD and Yoshi's Whooly World.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:14:15 pm by wolfen »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 07:31:51 pm »
Super Mario 3D World, NES Remix, and Shovel Knight are really the only ones left I'd still want to see.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 07:37:34 pm »
Shovel Knight is on the Switch I thought?

gf78

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 07:47:22 pm »
Shovel Knight is digitally with a retail release coming in April I believe!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 08:26:22 pm »
Tokyo Mirage Sessions (uncensored of course)
Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water
Wonderful 101
Maybe Xenoblade Chronicles X

sworddude

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 08:30:28 pm »
I'd rather have mario sunshine HD to be honest, would be nice to see that game with a fresh new look.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

aliensstudios

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 08:50:36 pm »
They can port whatever they want, I'm not going to buy it though. I own a good chunk of the Wii U library and pretty much without exception it's the superior place to play all of the Switch ports I've tried. I'd honestly just rather them make sequels instead of porting more games. That's why I'm not really into the Switch, it just feels like every game that comes out is a port.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."