Author Topic: Nintendo Compilations: Woukd you be interested?  (Read 1553 times)

gf78

Nintendo Compilations: Woukd you be interested?
« on: January 11, 2019, 07:00:42 pm »
I'm honestly surprised that Nintendo hasn't done compilations like Super Mario All-stars and Kirby's Dream Collection more. Even the Zelda Collector's Edition on the Gamecube.

I would be all-in if Nintendo did some limited collector sets. I'm talking about going all-out. Packaging like the limited first run of Mario All-Stars on Wii. A gate fold box with Foil embossing. A soundtrack disc and a brief "history of" booklet like the aforementioned All-stars Wii game.

Most of the older titles pre-Gamecube are ridiculously tiny. A series like Mario for example:  They could put every main entry up through the Wii on a single Switch cartridge. Same for Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Starfox, etc.

How fantastic would anthology collections like that be?  They could cater to the true collector. Package it with a mini-statue for $99.99. I'd be first in line to preorder one of each!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Re: Nintendo Compilations: Woukd you be interested?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 07:13:26 pm »
I'll take a compilation for anything right now rather than having to deal with the half-assed online service.

In particular, I'd love NES through GBA Zelda put into a collection, perhaps a double set of the 3DS Ocarina and Majora's Mask as a remastered bundle, and basically just a new Super Mario All-Stars.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:15:02 pm by kamikazekeeg »

wolfen

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:22:00 pm »
Holy hell! I would kill to have that for any Nintendo franchise but, very specifically Zelda. It would be the single greatest collection of videogames ever made and you could catch me sleeping on the concrete outside of wherever it would be sold!

It would also be cool if they made seperate collections for both the 3D era and the 2D era.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:27:04 pm by wolfen »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 07:30:24 pm »
Fuck yeah!

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 06:43:06 pm »
Yes, that's an awesome idea they always used to but stopped.  I guess once they found out "Hey, we can repackage the same game twice for same price" they gave up on making cool compilations lol  ;D

Some cool ideas for some I have :D

1. The Zelda collection  (Twilight Princess HD, WindWaker HD and Orcarina HD)   That'd be so amazing. I'd buy 2 just to thank them for making it  ;D 

2. Metroid Prime collection  (Prime 1, Prime 2, Prime Echoes, Prime Hunters) 

3. Donkey Kong Country Collection  (Country 1, 2, 3, Tropical Freeze) 

4. Pikmin Collection  (Pikmin 1,2 and 3)

5. Smash Bros Complete Edition  (All Smash Bros games except the new one remastered for HD)

I think all of those would make my wallet empty  ;D

I hope they make some.  Sony did it amazing with their Jak, Ratchet and Sly collections.  simply beautiful compilations from Sony as of late :)

gf78

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 07:18:44 pm »
Some cool ideas for some I have :D

1. The Zelda collection  (Twilight Princess HD, WindWaker HD and Orcarina HD)   That'd be so amazing. I'd buy 2 just to thank them for making it  ;D 

2. Metroid Prime collection  (Prime 1, Prime 2, Prime Echoes, Prime Hunters) 

3. Donkey Kong Country Collection  (Country 1, 2, 3, Tropical Freeze) 

4. Pikmin Collection  (Pikmin 1,2 and 3)

5. Smash Bros Complete Edition  (All Smash Bros games except the new one remastered for HD)

I would go a bit further.  Zelda should include every console Zelda title. Metroid as well. Donkey Kong should have those, plus 64 and the old NES titles. Pikmin would be perfect like that.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 08:49:56 pm »
You could try phone calling their HQ and ask them (to give them your feedback)  if they would be interested in actually making a compilation. I think too that Nintendo should make a compilation or two. But they already make an NES and SNES classic I heard and it is somewhat like a retro compilation. A lot of companies actually want the fans feedback, sometimes you need to post the idea on one of their own forums.

I already did both with SONY but they never took the idea, so I just let it be. If they don't want my money for a product that I could use, and buy. I now don't want the device anymore

If they actually built the music console I asked them to make then they lost themselves a sale because I am not interested in the idea anymore
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:52:06 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kypherion

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 10:38:24 pm »
Totally, I'd love to own some
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

Flashback2012

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 12:03:06 pm »
You could try phone calling their HQ and ask them (to give them your feedback)  if they would be interested in actually making a compilation. I think too that Nintendo should make a compilation or two. But they already make an NES and SNES classic I heard and it is somewhat like a retro compilation. A lot of companies actually want the fans feedback, sometimes you need to post the idea on one of their own forums.

Yeah I think you'd have an easier time filtering the ocean with a Brita than you would convincing Nintendo to do compilation packs for the Switch. If you look at the major players from back in the day who are still around (Sega, Namco, SNK, and Capcom), they're all about making compilations on the regular (well Capcom seems to have fallen off that train since the PS3 era aside from Mega Man compilations). I'd argue the NES/SNES Classic systems don't really count because they include games from 3rd parties and the last time we got any sort of physical compilations of games that was strictly Nintendo-only games was Super Mario All-Stars on SNES and Wii (to the best of my knowledge).

The biggest issue I think is Nintendo has never been subtle about ownership. I'm old enough to remember when they attacked whoever they could regarding renting their carts and sometimes even going after people selling used games. Even for as great as the Virtual Console was, it was never about owning what you purchased. You used your money to buy points which could be redeemed for licenses to access the games. They made no bones about it either and straight up said you only owned a license (which they could revoke at any time) and never the actual software. Because of that, I always figured we'd NEVER see anything physical from them.

I already did both with SONY but they never took the idea, so I just let it be. If they don't want my money for a product that I could use, and buy. I now don't want the device anymore

If they actually built the music console I asked them to make then they lost themselves a sale because I am not interested in the idea anymore

I have no idea what these last two sentences even mean. I assume the first is in regards to the PSX Classic? I got a chance to play one at the flea market last weekend. It's not that bad as far as fit and feel but the software feels like it was slapped together hot garbage. Also, Battle Arena Toshinden has NOT aged well.  :o

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 06:19:36 pm »

Yeah I think you'd have an easier time filtering the ocean with a Brita than you would convincing Nintendo to do compilation packs for the Switch. If you look at the major players from back in the day who are still around (Sega, Namco, SNK, and Capcom), they're all about making compilations on the regular (well Capcom seems to have fallen off that train since the PS3 era aside from Mega Man compilations). I'd argue the NES/SNES Classic systems don't really count because they include games from 3rd parties and the last time we got any sort of physical compilations of games that was strictly Nintendo-only games was Super Mario All-Stars on SNES and Wii (to the best of my knowledge).

The biggest issue I think is Nintendo has never been subtle about ownership. I'm old enough to remember when they attacked whoever they could regarding renting their carts and sometimes even going after people selling used games. Even for as great as the Virtual Console was, it was never about owning what you purchased. You used your money to buy points which could be redeemed for licenses to access the games. They made no bones about it either and straight up said you only owned a license (which they could revoke at any time) and never the actual software. Because of that, I always figured we'd NEVER see anything physical from them.

I have no idea what these last two sentences even mean. I assume the first is in regards to the PSX Classic? I got a chance to play one at the flea market last weekend. It's not that bad as far as fit and feel but the software feels like it was slapped together hot garbage. Also, Battle Arena Toshinden has NOT aged well.  :o

(off topic)
Well I asked SONY if they would make a newer product that could rip music since they took the PS3 music server down 2 years ago, they never ran with the idea. and I kinda see why since not too many people ever ripped songs to their PS3 to my knowledge. The idea was a console like the PS3 was that you could hook up to your stereo or television and listen to a music collection. or perhaps buy music off the internet like you can with a PC.

SONY removed their music server that would automatically download the name of the song and artist and album information automatically, when you inserted the CD into the PS3 itself. If you try to do that now it will not download the music information making you do all that yourself now.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:23:42 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 12:48:31 pm »
Interested? Sure, Wynaut.

Will it happen? Nah – probably not.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!