Author Topic: Game Cases for Digital Titles: Yay or Nay?  (Read 4781 times)

Re: Game Cases for Digital Titles: Yay or Nay?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 01:01:37 pm »
I can’t think of anything more stupid.

gf78

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 01:49:48 pm »

Thanks for the insightful, tactful reply!   ::)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 01:53:36 pm »
I personally wont support digital games. (unless it's free or DLC)
I don't see any point of cases of games you don't own.

It's bad enough buying games that are online only, knowing one day it could be a dead game.

I fully understand your stance on the matter flea, especially given your collection. I too despise digital games and make few exceptions. When I do, it's an expansion, free, dirt-cheap or in very rare instances - something I really, really want to play. A couple examples of something I really wanted to play would be Bloodstained Curse of the Moon and Cuphead, neither of which will have a physical release.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 02:03:23 pm »

He just wants attention

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2019, 02:08:03 pm »

He just wants attention
No, that’s really my opinion on empty boxes.

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2019, 02:12:41 pm »

He just wants attention
No, that’s really my opinion on empty boxes.

I get that however how you responded seem kind of hostile

sworddude

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 03:03:41 pm »
I do see your point as far as these cases go but if we would take it a step further You could also make a box such as these for your eshop titles for games like a link to the past super metroid you name it It's basicly the same thing.

Still though I think Bloodstained might get a physical copy at some point at least I hope so.

For me personally no matter how great a game is if it's digital only than so be it but an empty box is a no go for me. than just the download only is enough for me. A great example are those empty boxes with those download codes for pokemon red blue and yellow for the 3ds, no thank you just keep it at a download only instead of those extra cardboard boxes.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 03:09:26 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 04:55:26 pm »
If there's anything that makes me feel much more guilty than owning a digital game, its owning an empty game case. It'd always feel wrong looking at a bunch of hollow game cases! Pass from me

gf78

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 05:23:08 pm »
To each their own. It's nice to see what other people think. In an ideal gaming world, digital-only games wouldn't exist.  DLC microtransactions would shrivel & die and game expansions would come on a disc/cartridge.

For me, the cases make the digital games a smidge more bearable. BTW...here is my completed Bloodstained case.

shfan

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 06:52:37 pm »
Digital is a massive turn-off for me, but when the artwork looks like that then I can certainly see the appeal of what you're doing, providing you have room to display them! The Bloodstained one is gorgeous.

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2019, 07:04:07 pm »
I am a game collector and have been since 1998. If it's not on an actual disc or cart I don't buy it. I have made an exception for Steam but that's it. I don't support the idea of "digital only" at all. It's just enabling the kind of behaviour from people that think a disc is too old to be seen using around their friends, and it gives the industry a way to make you pay for a game that they can remove from the market at any time they wish and make you buy it again or give you a big middle finger if the company folds or has a coup, same happens with movies on Netflix.

pzeke

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2019, 07:12:26 pm »
To each their own. It's nice to see what other people think. In an ideal gaming world, digital-only games wouldn't exist.  DLC microtransactions would shrivel & die and game expansions would come on a disc/cartridge.

For me, the cases make the digital games a smidge more bearable. [...]

More power to you, gf78 - do whatever makes you happy. It's your collection after all, and you do with it however you like.

Also, badass artwork is badass.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

gf78

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2019, 07:24:00 pm »
I wish Limited Games or somebody would do a run of Bloodstained - Curse of the Moon. For those that haven't played it, it's so close to Castlevania III that if the names were Belmont, Alucard, etc you would be playing Castlevania! 

As for sworddude's comment about making art for every NES game that is on the service, somebody made a nice piece of work that pretty much covers the NES Online games. The inner/reverse cover is in my first post with Bowser & Jr. playing. The front is red with the main focus looking like the NES game screen when you start it up.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:29:24 pm by gf78 »

ferraroso

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2019, 07:51:47 pm »
I personally wont support digital games. (unless it's free or DLC)
I don't see any point of cases of games you don't own.

It's bad enough buying games that are online only, knowing one day it could be a dead game.

This.

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2019, 11:15:49 am »
Not something I would do, but they look great. I have some PC games that came with codes only inside the case, and cuphead on XB1...so I have collected a few empty cases.