Author Topic: Un-Allowed Media  (Read 1694 times)

Re: Un-Allowed Media
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2023, 01:21:48 am »
Stuff like Mortal Kombat didn’t come out until I was in high school. No worries on the video games.

My mom started taking me to rated R movies when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade. Mostly horror or sci-fi (Aliens, Creepshow, Friday the 13th etc.).

For some reason I wasn’t allowed to hear music with cussing though. Had to hide the 2 Live crew and Eazy E cassettes back in junior high lol. That Sony Walkman used up a crap load of AA batteries.

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2023, 10:38:22 am »
I cannot STAND church riots against media, and I even know how to make holy water.

But to stay on the topic my parents actually wouldn't let me have any consoles, only a pc which i wanted a console instead but all I could get were games of violence or education. Golf and racing, then sports. 3 till adulthood I was about 15 or 16 when I had my vary first at home video game console. And one of the vary first games my mom bought me was Call of Duty Finest Hour.

My parents all hated all Mario and Sonic games and would refuse them by telling me they all sucked.

I was a five-year-old taking Flintstones and playing shareware Wolfenstein 3D. Heretic shareware and Doom shareware. Those were not even full versions of the games. AND? 8  years old Doom95 was the first non-educational game full version I got at home and death rally later on shareware. All demos and educational games mostly, and Duke Nukem 3D.

But my PC had such suckh specs in childhood I may have had about 160 other games just to look at because they kept crashing or needing to have more CPU RAM.in order to play them And my stupid grandmother or family would never upgrade it for me back thrn whrn I asked nicely

But in spite of these difficult things, I am now a teacher world wide uncertified
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 10:40:20 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2023, 09:17:44 am »
I cannot STAND church riots against media, and I even know how to make holy water.

But to stay on the topic my parents actually wouldn't let me have any consoles, only a pc which i wanted a console instead but all I could get were games of violence or education. Golf and racing, then sports. 3 till adulthood I was about 15 or 16 when I had my vary first at home video game console. And one of the vary first games my mom bought me was Call of Duty Finest Hour.

My parents all hated all Mario and Sonic games and would refuse them by telling me they all sucked.

I was a five-year-old taking Flintstones and playing shareware Wolfenstein 3D. Heretic shareware and Doom shareware. Those were not even full versions of the games. AND? 8  years old Doom95 was the first non-educational game full version I got at home and death rally later on shareware. All demos and educational games mostly, and Duke Nukem 3D.

But my PC had such suckh specs in childhood I may have had about 160 other games just to look at because they kept crashing or needing to have more CPU RAM.in order to play them And my stupid grandmother or family would never upgrade it for me back thrn whrn I asked nicely

But in spite of these difficult things, I am now a teacher world wide uncertified

So, did your parents like any Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network shows?

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2023, 09:27:51 am »
No They just never saw the stuff I was watching they just left the TV on them I saw, THAT was the 1990's
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2023, 09:49:33 am »
No They just never saw the stuff I was watching they just left the TV on them I saw, THAT was the 1990's

What shows did they watch instead?