Author Topic: Have You Ever Got Outranked By A Cheater In An Online Game  (Read 783 times)

Have You Ever Got Outranked By A Cheater In An Online Game
« on: January 19, 2019, 08:21:00 pm »
Have you ever caused another honest online gamer hell with cheats? or have you ever been on the top of a ranking system online for being honest gamer only to have an ability or two stolen or outranked by a person, who uses codes or cheats that you were aware of. Is there any satisfaction to beat someone else for example use a code to make an NPC in a sports game flip up or took control of another players character in online mode just to mess someone up so that you could out score them 3-1
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Have You Ever Got Outranked By A Cheater In An Online Game
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 09:03:35 pm »
I've never been much of an online multiplayer kind of guy, but I've stayed clear of Splatoon and Splatoon 2 due to rampant cheating and the collective maturity of a 6-year old from half the people that play those games.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:20:10 pm »
No but I remember in a game of Black Ops, one of my friends getting called out by someone on the other team for being a hacker when in reality he was just good. Dude was just that salty.

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:32:23 pm »
I was big into Mario Kart DS back in its heyday, and used to race A LOT online. I never got into online clans/clubs, but I remember racing a bunch of really good racers. And I mean good-good. While I could hold my own with anybody, I soon had to master snaking in order to get a better chance of getting on top since every time I was paired against other players, a good majority of them snaked and were really good at it. After a good while, I started to get paired against people who were clearly using an Action Replay, and after about a week, I had had enough and bought myself the cheating device. I would constantly play with specific cheats turned on, but would only recur to using them whenever I spotted a cheater. Like hackers in real life, there were good cheaters in this game, and there was this unspoken rule, or at least I thought of it that way, that whenever a cheater started messing around you'd let the good cheater drive him/her out (pun intended). I used to be this type of cheater, and this is the ONLY time I would use cheats. Sadly, as time went on, the cheats got worse and even more complicated to the point where, if you didn't have an Action Replay you had no chance of winning...and even then, that wasn't enough because most cheats by this time were specifically for trolling around, like freezing the game for everyone for example.

Playing Mario Kart DS online got incredibly stale during its later years, especially during the time Nintendo announced the termination of their Wi-Fi servers, so much to the point that all you would see were cheaters online. Most of the time it was a show of force - cheaters going against each other to see who was the better one. I reckon I participated in a number of these dick measuring contests, but I got so bored out of my mind after seeing the same people over an over again that I bailed. The last day before the servers were shut down was quite the show to behold...

With that said, I don't consider myself a cheater. Sure, I will use cheats whenever the game allows you to use them, as in they're already built-in/programmed and can be unlocked, but I don't go out of my way to cheat in a game for the sake of cheating, trolling, and what-have-you. Mario Kart DS was a one-time thing where "desperate times called for desperate measures". In fact, I remember two of my emblems were the word "FAIRPLAY" and "U CHEAT I CHEAT" as a way to both warn and appease other players.

Overall, all things considered, it being my very first experience, I had a blast playing the game online. Good times were had and great memories were made.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 06:30:50 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 10:06:01 pm »
People use to hack Gears of War 2 a lot. They would move 10 times as fast as everybody else and the only way to kill them was to have them run in to your chainsaw. One lancer bullet would down you from any position, then you get curb stomped. They would change the points earned from kills to level up faster.