Author Topic: Light Set Ups For Game Rooms Discussion (Game Room Idea 2019)  (Read 2245 times)

Hello everyone :D 

Today I have gotten inspired to do something with my game room that is truly gonna pop it off I believe. Especially considering I love bright lights and LED lights truly are my favorite.  I get mezmorized by neon lights and LED bulbs.  I have all my TVs super bright and just love it. 

I have seen many gaming set ups who use the LED rope lights to surround their consoles, game setups or CPU desks to make it look sci fi and cool.  :)    But i'm going to pretty much make a sorta skyscraper, club look of my whole room.  Very space age like a CES show.   

I'm gonna do the whole ceiling of my room with LED lights and also get the regular bulbs for the recepticle that all work through my new Amazon Echo.  Also going to do the area in which I game where my One X and CPU is with the lights.   

I am going to be using dimmable Neflux LED smart light strips and a few of the bulbs.  Phillips Hue light strips for the amount of feet I would need would be close to 1,000 dollars but with the Neflux brand (greatly reviewed) it's only slightly over 100.   

I am very excited and inspired, I might do the entire perimiter of my ceeiling, and maybe even the floor board that wraps around the bottom so the whole room glows.  Of course it will be easily turned off when not in use in case it'd be too much for average days.  But for night time gaming.  I am very excited.   

A lot of people do the lights inside their console cabinets so the consoles are lit up at night.  :)

Does anyone have a cool light set up or wants to share an opinion on them?  Thanks for sharing.

Re: Light Set Ups For Game Rooms Discussion (Game Room Idea 2019)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 09:30:27 am »
Does anyone have a cool light set up?  Thanks for sharing.
I have a single energy saving plain light bulb in the middle of the room with my computer in attached to the ceiling.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 09:53:39 am »
Having moved around a lot since I began collecting, my game room has never been exactly how I wanted it. Lighting is not essentially part of that equation beyond the fact that I wish I had better lighting. My main issues have always been space and shelving.

gf78

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 10:04:02 am »
I think it's a pretty cool idea!  Generic is definitely the way to go with the LED lighting as brand-name stuff like Hue is outrageously priced.

The only suggestion I would make is start minimalist. That way you can add to it if it's not enough, and you wont find it overdone from the start if you get a little carried away.

Before my son came along, I had an LED strip ran along under the top shelf of my AV stand/TV mount. It has a remote to change the colors, lighting patterns, etc. Watching movies, I had it set to dim white. Xbox it glowed green. PS4 it was blue and Wii U was purple.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 10:47:56 am »
Got to be careful not to blow a fuse in an older home with all that electricity, while lights look nice they also cost money to run unless you have solar power in your home. I constantly run 2 lights in my gaming room both of them are ceiling lights.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

ferraroso

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 12:08:16 pm »
Here, I just have an illuminated Ikea glass stand and I put some cheap remote-controlled LEDs from Amazon behind the consoles.
It is nothing fancy, but I personally think it looks neat and helps to build up the atmosphere when playing certain games.

ferraroso

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 12:08:39 pm »
Here are some pics:

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 09:41:59 am »
Well, I remember decorating one of my shelves with Christmas lights one year, and liked the way it looked, but that's pretty much it. The idea is cool for sure, but definitely not for me. I have two LEDs in my room, and that's enough for me. Stuff like what's showcased in the second image you posted I, in good conscience, can't do.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!