Author Topic: Recommendations on lesser known sega genesis games  (Read 3552 times)

Re: Recommendations on lesser known sega genesis games
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 03:52:26 am »
Here are some solid Genesis games that are worth looking into:

Blades of Vengeance: Think of 16-bit Dragon's Crown. Published by Electronic Arts.

Chiki Chiki Boys: A very cool platformer.

Trampoline Terror!: This game gets panned a lot, but is quite addictive once you get into it. Difficulty ramps up quickly about half way through.

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 06:52:51 pm »
Some of my favorite genesis games are Forgotten Worlds, Truxton, Zero Tolerance, Izzy's Quest For The Olympic Rings, and Robocop vs The Terminator.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 06:56:13 pm by pacgamer89 »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 01:27:42 am »
Phelios. It's a shoot'em up based on Greek mythology

mastodon

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 11:36:59 am »
Hello im trying to give a little more love to my sega genesis collection.Their is a local store near me with a large amount of genesis games most of them I never even heard of.Anyone have any recommendations of harder to find or lesser known titles to look out for.

M.U.S.H.A.

megasilverx1

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2019, 01:12:06 am »
I don't have a super expansive Genesis collection, but I can give a few good/descent hidden gem suggestions for the system:

Zoop- If you like puzzle games, this one is pretty unique and fun in 10 minute sessions. It's also on basically any console that was relevant back in 1995.

Wiz 'N Liz- Developed by the same group who made Lemmings, this is one of the weirdest games I've ever played.

Ms. Pac-Man- Great port of the arcade version.

6-Pak- A fairly cheap cartridge containing six Genesis games like Sonic 1, Streets of Rage, and Revenge of Shinobi.

Frogger- Like with Ms. Pac-Man, this is a good port of an older arcade game. Also the last Genesis game released in North America.

mark1982

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 09:15:54 am »
You have a pretty large Sega Genesis collection from the looks of it, heh.

But I suppose you could look after some of those Japanese/EU titles that didn't get a US release. These titles don't require you to read Japanese as they're mainly action based and not RPGs.

- Alien Soldier (JP/EU)
- Golden Axe III (JP)
- Battle Mania (JP)
- Pulseman (JP)
- Second Samurai (EU)
- Twinkle Tale (JP)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:44:34 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 11:02:46 am »

But I suppose you could look after some of those Japanese/EU titles that didn't get a US release. These titles don't require you to read Japanese as they're mainly action based and not RPGs.

- Alien Soldier (JP/EU)
- Golden Axe III (JP)
- Battle Mania (JP)
- Pulseman (JP)
- Second Samurai (EU)
- Twinkle Tale (JP)
Thank you all for your recommendations.As far as pal games go I thought the genesis was region locked? I do have a couple but never tried them thinking they wouldn't work.

Flashback2012

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 11:26:20 am »

- Alien Soldier (JP/EU)
- Golden Axe III (JP)
- Battle Mania (JP)
- Pulseman (JP)
- Second Samurai (EU)
- Twinkle Tale (JP)
Thank you all for your recommendations.As far as pal games go I thought the genesis was region locked? I do have a couple but never tried them thinking they wouldn't work.

You need to get you a Magic Key adapter or more simply track down a Game Genie and just set it to off. MOST JPN MD games just need a pass through device but some like Light Crusader won't work unless you have a specific adapter.

mark1982

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 11:58:06 am »

You need to get you a Magic Key adapter or more simply track down a Game Genie and just set it to off. MOST JPN MD games just need a pass through device but some like Light Crusader won't work unless you have a specific adapter.

Yeah, it's just an adapter because the cartridge is a different physical shape, but there are some cases of region locked games.
  l    l 

Flashback2012

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2019, 12:35:30 pm »

Yeah, it's just an adapter because the cartridge is a different physical shape, but there are some cases of region locked games.

The Japanese Light Crusader is definitely one that needs a special adapter as I had to buy the adapter with the game years back. I think the EU Mega Man: The Wily Wars also requires a special adapter to play. I'm not going to lie, I LOVE that Sony did away with that region locking nonsense with their systems and the other two mostly followed suit.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2019, 08:25:46 pm »
Thanks everyone looks like I'm getting a game genie really appreciate the info.