Author Topic: Site Suggestion: Price Plotter Graph For Collection Overview  (Read 1374 times)

Site Suggestion: Price Plotter Graph For Collection Overview
« on: January 25, 2019, 12:07:44 am »
This is an idea that I thought would be useful for some collectors who want to visually see how much they spend on certain games. Like the pie graph shown for collection overview (could this be able to be changed to different graph styles by the way?), a graph that sees the value put for your games and maps it out per dollar amount given (less than $1 games, $1 games, $2 games, $3 games, etc) up to whatever the highest amount the person has in their collection (not counting null values of course).

Another idea would be to map out the Pricecharting data against the spent amount as a double bar graph, it would allow collectors to get a rough estimate of how much their collection is worth versus how much they spent on it.

A couple of small things that I think might make a big difference to the long-time collectors.   8)

oxymoronclaws

Re: Site Suggestion: Price Plotter Graph For Collection Overview
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 04:35:56 pm »
This is definitely an interesting idea! My only concern is that for many collectors on this site who have a huge amount of games already, it could be quite difficult to remember how much we spent on one particular game. It'd definitely be a cool idea going forward though, and would be interested to see if such a thing crops up in future  :D

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 04:42:58 pm »
Oh I'm sure.  I am fortunate enough to save receipts, and still have receipts from Game Crazy and EB Games/Gamestop from back in the days if they haven't erased themselves. I also keep track of what I pay for games at Goodwill and such, and eBay so for me it would be useful. I'm sure other people out there probably do too, but you never know.

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 07:49:49 am »
As stated, memory is an important aspect for this, but the idea is good.

Personally, I'm not one that cares for this in particular, but your suggestion has potential.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 12:11:49 am »
The only issue i see with this is that the prices for each game would have to be updated daily to weekly for each game and thats a big task.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 03:47:00 am »
The only issue i see with this is that the prices for each game would have to be updated daily to weekly for each game and thats a big task.

Isn't it automatically pulled from the site though?