Author Topic: How Long Does It Usually Take For You To Beat A Game? (estimate)  (Read 2745 times)

On the first time playing a new game with all new controls and challenges, how many hours estimate does it take for you to beat a game you've never played before in single or coop?

Many are going to say (it depends on the game) so I am going to put down this

for myself
for most single player First Person Shooter games like Call Of Duty and Battlefield series 6 hours tops on easy but depending on how hard the game is usually 4 hours non stop on a single player campaign. I haven't beat a game in at least 2 years though because I haven't really played a game that actually had an end in a while
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Agozer

Re: How Long Does It Usually Take For You To Beat A Game? (estimate)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 06:18:56 am »
Very long. I'm very slow when it comes to finishing games because I simply like to take my time exploring, grinding, etc. I don't think I'd make a very good YouTube gamer/streamer because of this. Well, if the game in question is a linear action game, then I suppose I can beat it in a few days.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 06:19:11 am »
It depends on the game.

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 07:18:45 am »
Does anyone actually have the stamina to beat a game with 100+ hours of content?

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 07:44:06 am »
Between 1 and 200 hours depending on the game.

ferraroso

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 10:12:02 am »
I usually take much longer than most people...
Especially with open world games, I tend to do EVERYTHING I can before finally going through it's story (and end up never clearing it...)

kevininja

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 11:53:41 am »
It really depends on the game. Most of the time it's a little under the average times listed on HowLongToBeat

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 12:40:18 pm »
Most games I play are arcade ports of some sort, so typically fighting games, shmups, lightgun games, and beat em' ups, so typically under an hour.

On the flip side, RPGs take me a long, long time to beat. In terms of actual time spent playing the game, they don't take me much more or less than the average person beating that game. But I often find RPGs such a time commitment and just finding the time to sit down and play them for more than a couple of hours can be very difficult. It's literally taken me about a year to beat a 60-hour RPG before. This is why I don't play them often.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 03:02:31 pm »
Between 1 and 200 hours depending on the game.
I’d say between 1-100.  I was looking at my PS stats and even RDR2 capped at 99.  Platinum’d God of War in 44, so I think it would take something pretty deep to get me over 100.  But I also beat all the mainline Mega Man Games last year and that ranged from 1-3 hours.

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 06:23:53 pm »
I’d say between 1-100.  I was looking at my PS stats and even RDR2 capped at 99.  Platinum’d God of War in 44, so I think it would take something pretty deep to get me over 100.  But I also beat all the mainline Mega Man Games last year and that ranged from 1-3 hours.

For me, what gets me over the 100 hour mark are the JRPGs and Warriors titles. The worst one time-wise for me was Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, as besides having a completion time estimate of 150-180 hours, I suffered an achievement glitch that required me to delete my save file, which was already around 70-80 hours, and begin again from scratch.

kypherion

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 12:02:29 am »
Depends on the game. I can beat Super Mario 64 in under 24 minutes  :P

Anywhere from a couple days to weeks. I beat Four Swords Adventures in about 2-3 days, but Breath of the Wild was weeks for me. I've been playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the past 2 days and I'm about a third of the way through, so on average a week I guess.

In terms of hours around 10ish to 100+ depending on the game.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

gf78

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 03:48:19 pm »
Does anyone actually have the stamina to beat a game with 100+ hours of content?

Not very often. There aren't many games I've invested time into like that. Witcher III, Skyrim, Diablo II, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Zelda Breath of the Wild....that's about all I can really think of off-hand. I've probably invested 100+ hours into various racing & fighting games. Maybe Halo Reach which was the most online multiplayer I ever played.

Beyond those, about 40 hours on most RPG's that I've seen through to completion.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

pzeke

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 09:20:59 am »
Phew - a lot of time. I have this unwavering need to 100% every game I play to the point I only play that one game until I have fully completed it...or at least have done enough for me to feel satisfied. Not that there won't be times I'll play two or three different games, but I usually try to put all my attention into just one for the sake of completion. A good example of this is BLOOD of BAHAMUT for the Nintendo DS, which I played last year. I would play the game any chance I got until I had everything I could possibly get. Another example of this are games with built-in challenges, I will not stop playing until I have the best score/time I can possibly get and that I feel satisfied with. It borderline is an addiction.

Overall, though, I think the time spent depends on the game. Around 3-4 hours for most games, and maybe 30-40 for RPGs. Give or take.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

kashell

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 11:43:04 am »
It depends on the game and how much I'm enjoying it. Here's just a couple of examples.

Star Ocean 4 took me nearly 500 hours to finish with all of the trophies.

Azure Dreams took me only 20 or so hours, even though there's potential for 500 hours.

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2019, 12:22:49 pm »

I think I have put almost 100 hours into every game I have ever loved.  BOTW well over 200, games like GTA or Kingdom Hearts maybe 200 hours.  I think if a game doesn't give you quality days worth of fun than it might not be for me :).  I find it more sad to start loving a game just to have it end abruptly which has happened a few times.  Believe it or not I loved the new Shaq Fu  ;D  but it was just so short :( .  I always love certain games so much I'd probably finish them if they were 1000 hours. 

To answer the question, it does depend on the game.  I'd say games i'm rushing through for achievements (I know it's silly to do but I can't help chasing those shiny trophies  ;D)  then maybe a day tops. (6 hours of actual play).  But any game i'm genuinely engrossed in, especially open world or JRPGs with almost endless depth.  I'll probably put up a good 200-500 hours. When I was a kid even more so and their weren't time trackers back then.  I probably might have put a few thousand hours in a few games.   

The most hours I have put into a game would probably be Call of Duty World At War back when I was a young teen. I was a sweaty lol.  Pretty much every hour outside of school was that game.  I still play it.  I had a cult like obsession with it.  I pee'd in bottles back then.  Me and every single one of my friends had a clan.  I'd say maybe 2,000 hours between couch co-op with my best friend all them years during when he used to sleepover or just online trying to grind to max prestige over and over for leaderboards that were worthless anyway.   :)

Currently in modern gen I have hit 30 logged days into a about 7 games which is about 700 hours.    And plenty with well over 20 days.    I'm already assuming KH3 might be yet another :)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 12:26:48 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »