Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS XL With Wifi Issues  (Read 3104 times)

Nintendo 3DS XL With Wifi Issues
« on: January 28, 2019, 07:34:42 pm »
I bought a 3DS XL on eBay last year that was advertised as fully functional, but the Wifi would not stay connected.  I looked this issue up and people said either a loose Wifi card, a bad Wifi card, or a motherboard issue.

I cleaned the Wifi card in the system and that did not work. I tried changing some settings and that worked for maybe 15 minutes then it quit. I bought and put a used Wifi card in the system, and that seemed to work, but then it didn't.

So I am all out of options now and further Google searching indicates that it might be a faulty motherboard.  I can buy a new motherboard for it for about $20, but before I do that is there anything else I can try? Is there some kind of setting I've missed or a programming issue?

Re: Nintendo 3DS XL With Wifi Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 09:14:18 pm »
Are you still having issues? sorry I didn't read this thread until now

Can you connect other wireless devices to your wireless network? Do other devices like PC Laptops, Cell Phones or Tablets work with your WIFI?

you may also be able to call your internet service provider and talk to them about having a device not connect to the WIFI sometimes your own ISP can help or possible let you use another one of their modems. it also could be your router if you have one connected to your Internet Services Provider's equipment
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:17:50 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Nintendo 3DS XL With Wifi Issues
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 10:51:47 pm »
Yes, I am still having issues.  Yes everything works with my WiFi. No I only use the router the ISP supplied to me.  It's a problem with the DS itself and not my provider. It's either software or hardware problems, not sure.