Author Topic: Ratings listings and other optional details....  (Read 855 times)

teck

PRO Supporter

Ratings listings and other optional details....
« on: October 25, 2012, 11:12:39 pm »
I am fairly new to this site and as I was managing my collection I found that many of my import Japanese titles did not exist, so I added them to the database....  A major issue I noted though was that the ratings for the Japanese region (CERO A, B, C, D, and Z) are not an option....  Also, I found it a little odd that this was not already implemented, under "other optional details" it would be nice to have a "Sealed" or "New In Box" selection available....  Though the first suggestion may be a little niche, I think many would benefit from the latter....  Thanks for your time~!

EDIT:  I also was wondering how to appropriately list a game with multiple developers....  I am adding "Heatseeker" and I can only think to separate IR Gurus and Codemasters with a "," or now....  The style guide does not seem to address this that I noticed....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 12:45:15 am by teck »

tpugmire

Re: Ratings listings and other optional details....
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 08:54:12 am »
Is that a complete list of Japanese ratings?  I'll see if we can get those added sometime soon.  As for the "Sealed " or "New in Box" idea, I'll pass it along and see what happens.  I believe that a fix is on the way for adding multiple developers.  This is an issue that has popped up before, and it's on our radar.  For now, just list one developer and we will have to go back in and fix it.  Alternatively, you could put a note in the description field with both developers.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 10:25:09 am »
Ya we have a had a hard time listing foriegn ratings. I think it's just because it confuses the hell out of us. Currently Matt is the key holder of ratings and we've been asking folks to help give us insight on what various foreign rating systems are.

Also, I found it a little odd that this was not already implemented, under "other optional details" it would be nice to have a "Sealed" or "New In Box" selection available....  Though the first suggestion may be a little niche, I think many would benefit from the latter....  Thanks for your time~!

That's one of the reasons why we have the notes section. So you can list the condition of the game in your own words and be as accurate as you want to be. I guess it's really Matt's call because he's the one that has to manage how things pop up and fit together, ha.

EDIT:  I also was wondering how to appropriately list a game with multiple developers....  I am adding "Heatseeker" and I can only think to separate IR Gurus and Codemasters with a "," or now....  The style guide does not seem to address this that I noticed....

We plan on adding additional developer slots to the game info page. We are also trying to trim the developer and publishers lists to get rid of any dupes and listings with multiple developers/ publishers listed. It's on the To-Do list and hopefully we can knock it out soon. For the time being, just enter one developer and then when we get the extra slots added, we'll have to go back through and add the extra info.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 01:10:27 pm »
Is that a complete list of Japanese ratings?
Not entirely. There's been two versions of the CERO ratings. The first one was A / 12 / 15 / 18, and then it was replaced in 2006 by the levels teck posted.

And THEN we have the Sega Saturn rating system...

I had a list of these that I helped MobyGames with a few years back, lemme see if I can find the stuff.

soera

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 01:29:26 pm »
While new in box is basically the same as checking all the boxes, I do think a sealed checkbox would be a nice addition.