Author Topic: Exclusive Games  (Read 2111 times)

Exclusive Games
« on: August 22, 2014, 12:11:36 am »
Is there anyway that someone could organize or possibly put up a link within the browse section ... So that way we can see what games are exclusive titles for each console?
Or is that just out of the question?
 ;D

dreama1

Re: Exclusive Games
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:15:28 am »
Is there anyway that someone could organize or possibly put up a link within the browse section ... So that way we can see what games are exclusive titles for each console?
 ;D
GOOD IDEA
No one has ever bothered to make an exclusive list for consoles. I think it's a good idea.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:18:19 am »
 ;D
GOOD IDEA
No one has ever bothered to make an exclusive list for consoles. I think it's a good idea.

Yeah I noticed myself searching for exclusive Xbox games and it is a pain to do it through the database.
Figured I would mention something to see if anyone could possibly do it.

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:39:59 am »
 ;D
GOOD IDEA

Yeah I noticed myself searching for exclusive Xbox games and it is a pain to do it through the database.
Figured I would mention something to see if anyone could possibly do it.
Should make a one for local 2 player games as well.

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 01:35:59 pm »
That is... way beyond the scope of this site.  :-X

Should make a one for local 2 player games as well.

I suggest going to MobyGames for that. Use the game browser, select your platform, then "Number of Players: Offline".

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 05:35:58 pm »
Sometimes I'll check wikipedia for some of this info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(seventh_generation)

but I feel like marking exclusives gets a little tricky.  Because sometimes things are only exclusive for a certain amount of time, etc.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 12:32:40 am »
Yeah I usually check wiki for the exclusive titles also... But I thought it would have been a good idea to put them in the database somewhere.... Maybe when your entering the game in have a drop-down menu to select whether the game is exclusive or not... When it comes up in your collection possibly have it show that it is an exclusive, so you don't have to click on it to show that it is exclusive.
Just a thought and it would be a great feature..  :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 08:49:52 am »
So few exclusives *stay* exclusive (discounting how most niche & JRPGs stay exclusive to Sony consoles), I think that having to keep track of & update your collection whenever an exclusive becomes a non-exclusive, would be more trouble than it's worth.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 09:44:54 am »
I didn't realize exclusives don't stay exclusive that doesn't make any sense.   ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 01:15:59 pm »
I didn't realize exclusives don't stay exclusive that doesn't make any sense.   ;)

Ex.

Mass Effect as a 360 exclusive

*was* exclusive -but- didn't *stay* an exclusive   

geddit?!   :-\

dreama1

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 06:14:22 pm »

Ex.

It's safe if it's a dead console tho.

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 06:18:24 pm »

Ex.

I get it but, why would they come out on other systems ... If that's what pulls people into buying that certain system.. Because of the exclusive releases.  ::)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 09:44:40 am »

Ex.

True

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 09:50:22 am »

Ex.

I get it but, why would they come out on other systems ... If that's what pulls people into buying that certain system.. Because of the exclusive releases.  ::)

My guess is that the cost of developing games has made it prohibitively expensive for many games to stay exclusive and that exclusive games have become a much less significant factor in most people's console buying decisions (see above, previously mentioned exceptions)

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 11:24:12 pm »

Ex.

My guess is that the cost of developing games has made it prohibitively expensive for many games to stay exclusive and that exclusive games have become a much less significant factor in most people's console buying decisions (see above, previously mentioned exceptions)

Yeah I guess that makes sense considering that the developers probably are money hungry and will just about sell there games to just about anyone to make a buck....lol :P