Author Topic: Shelfs  (Read 1741 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Shelfs
« on: May 26, 2016, 03:18:28 pm »
Why is it that a shelf or CD DVD storage tower rack goes up in price on E-bay from 93€ a month ago to 236€  now :o

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Shelfs
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 06:16:55 pm »
I built this one for my gaming shelf, and you can adjust it to your needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXTkD7Rq2jU
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 10:49:43 am »
Media storage shelving is falling out of retail, seemingly due to the relative low demand for physical media. I know some stores have stopped seeing media depth shelving and my local options are limited. My next shelving purchase will be parts and I will make them myself.

gf78

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 11:23:55 am »
I used to buy those media storage shelves that held 75 standard DVD cases, or you could adjust the shelves for CD's, etc.  I haven't seen them in stores in a long time.  I still have a couple that I'm not currently using and a few more the kids have in their rooms that just have kid junk on them if I need them in the future.

But...I'm thinking I'm just going to buy the wood and make my own shelves.  Unless I come across something I like at one of the indoor "antique malls" that are all over the place around here.
  :P  I actually need a large, sturdy bookshelf.  I have a huge collection of books and some of the hardcover ones are monsters.   :o
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 12:03:11 pm »
The only stores I know still have the media depth kit shelves around me are K-Mart, Target and Best Buy.

gf78

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 12:34:54 pm »
The only stores I know still have the media depth kit shelves around me are K-Mart, Target and Best Buy.

I was figuring Best Buy would still carry some type of shelving units.  Haven't thought to look at K-Mart or Target.  Might have to check them out and see what they have. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

Flashback2012

gf78

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 01:17:52 pm »
I assume no Ikea nearby?
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=Bookcases

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50277147/

I'm going to check out those links as soon as I get home...since they don't work here at work.   >:(  I'm not sure if there is an Ikea anywhere remotely close.  I assume there is one somewhere in the St. Louis metropolitan area.  I'm going to check those links out as soon as I get home and (maybe) an Ikea this weekend.  Thanks!

Flashback2012

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 01:24:52 pm »
I'm going to check out those links as soon as I get home...since they don't work here at work.   >:(  I'm not sure if there is an Ikea anywhere remotely close.  I assume there is one somewhere in the St. Louis metropolitan area.  I'm going to check those links out as soon as I get home and (maybe) an Ikea this weekend.  Thanks!

The shelf named pictured is called Gnedby. They used to be called Benno though I don't know what the diferences between the two are and why they needed to change the name  :P. When you go on the site, you can see how they've got Billy/Gnedby combination units which look really nice (they're actually separate pieces placed together).

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99020476/

I ran your zip code on the site and it says there's one about 53 miles away.  ;)

IKEA St. Louis
1 IKEA Way
St. Louis, MO 63108

gf78

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 01:29:20 pm »

The shelf named pictured is called Gnedby. They used to be called Benno though I don't know what the diferences between the two are and why they needed to change the name  :P. When you go on the site, you can see how they've got Billy/Gnedby combination units which look really nice (they're actually separate pieces placed together).

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99020476/

I ran your zip code on the site and it says there's one about 53 miles away.  ;)

IKEA St. Louis
1 IKEA Way
St. Louis, MO 63108

You are the man, thank you!  I'll be checking this out for sure as I've always been curious about Ikea and wanted to browse the store. 

shepard11

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 04:20:11 pm »
I use the wall mounted Best Buy elite media towers they sell at best buy for all my hobbies (Games, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, Pop Figures). But seems like more and more Best Buys are caring them less. And when I started to buy them they were like 60 bucks now they average between 125-150 a piece. Same item nothing changed on them (hell I can assemble them in my sleep by this point)so now I just wait when I get best buy rewards and/or my credit sends me a best buy gift cards because of my points.