Author Topic: Your collection in 5-years from now  (Read 3860 times)

Your collection in 5-years from now
« on: May 28, 2016, 09:42:55 pm »
What do you think/hope your collection will be like in 5-years from now?

How many games do you hope to have? What collections will you hope to be finished with and what new collecting goals do you think/hope you'll be working on? Feel free to answer these however you want, just be as descriptive about your collection as possible.

For me I am hoping to be 95% done with collecting NTSC games other than newer titles and probably some very expensive/rare titles that I haven't found or haven't bit the bullet and purchased. I'll hopefully be focusing collecting imports (especially Saturn, Dreamcast, and PS2 imports), completing my cartridge games (particularly for the n64), and I want to have at least a few Arcade cabs at this time too (currently have none). If I am 95% or more done with collecting, I'll easily be at over 2000 games as well. While it doesn't directly relate to games, I'll also have to have a place of my own at this point instead of renting since I have big plans for how my game room will look some day. Renting unfortunately does not permit me to have the freedom or money to do this now. Those arcade cabs take up a lot of space too.

abe

Re: Your collection in 5-years from now
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 10:06:00 pm »
Hopefully in 5 years I'll have the rest of the NA and JP Fire Emblem games I want. The biggest obstacles are the 3DS limited editions, since I already have all of the NA releases (not counting the Birthright and Conquest standalone releases). The Thracia 776 Deluxe Pack won't be cheap either unfortunately. I'd like to also have caught up with all the Disgaea releases as well, including the Greatest Hits and Triple Pack re-releases. It would also be nice to have a complete NA Tales collection, aside from the Collector's Editions.

I also intend to keep buying more imports, so hopefully by then I'll have plenty of JP PS2 imports (and a way to play them) as well.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 10:13:24 pm »
I hope to have significantly expanded my game collection and setup in five years; there are at least 10 consoles that I have never owned before, and hundreds of games and franchises that I would like to get into. The prinary things holding me back at this point in my life are money, space, and my priorities lying with job/career development and school. Hopefully in 5 years I will have more those factors taken care of and really get into collecting.  :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 10:19:12 pm »
Realistically, I will probably have another thousand or so games.

Hopefully, I will finish my wishlist and stop... but sometimes I love hunting too much.

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 11:19:46 pm »
In all honesty I don't see my collection expanding a whole lot in the next five years.  I have already slowed way down simply due to the fact that I don't have much time to game these days and I don't want to buy a whole lot of stuff until I have a permanent place to live.  I have three more years of college left and then probably graduate school after that before I would really even begin settling into a place. 

I'll definitely be getting the NX when it comes out and get some games for that, but I don't see buying much beyond that.  I'm actually moving out in a month into my first apartment (lived in a college dorm my first year) and will only be taking my favorite games from each console and storing the rest at my parent's house for the time being.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 11:21:38 pm by pacpix »
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 11:27:32 pm »
I don't really have any goals for my collection so i'll probably just continue buying games i like and want to play. However i wouldn't mind expanding my N64, vita, and gamecube collection a bit. :P

soera

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 01:29:39 am »
My pre-current console collection is complete. The only thing Im working on now is PS4 (other than DQ VII and VIII for 3DS when they come out) and hopefully Im still at a decent pace to get a 100% set by that time.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 10:17:19 am »
I have more than 350 games now, in 5 years I will probably have about 800 or more.

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 10:26:39 am »
I think I'll have around 2000 games in 5 years if there are enough interesting titles that is.

I'll probably have pretty much all interesting ps1, ps2, gamecube and ds titles by than other collection will be exapnded by allot.

I also hope that I can pickup a neo geo aes console with some games.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 12:23:12 pm »
I wish I kept my Neo Geo AES. I traded it for a Dreamcast.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 12:31:25 pm »
Most probably sold as I have a new passion: 63 AMG.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 12:33:38 pm »
My dream: to be just like the flea.  ;D

Or at least knock out half my wish list.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 12:39:56 pm »
Hopefully I've reaquired the Master System and Saturn I lost, and a decent amount of games for each. And hopefully I'll have the Nintendo NX (if it is an actual console).

Other than that, though, I'm pretty happy with my collection except for needing a handful of rare games I'll likely never get.

I've kind of shifted focus to my VHS/DVD collection and comic books.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 01:13:43 pm »
Well for me I will like to have my n64/dreamecast completed and move my two arcade cabnets into my new game room but right now I have no room for them. I have almost 8000 games and another 1200+ extra copies for a total over 9000+games. My plan is to eventualy expand the gameroom and get rid of my extras. If you wish to see pics see my gallery

sworddude

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 01:38:29 pm »
Well for me I will like to have my n64/dreamecast completed and move my two arcade cabnets into my new game room but right now I have no room for them. I have almost 8000 games and another 1200+ extra copies for a total over 9000+games. My plan is to eventualy expand the gameroom and get rid of my extras. If you wish to see pics see my gallery

I always wonder why people have many doubles.

I mean did one aquire them from lots and never sell them or did you keep them because they are from good games.

I do have doubles but I aquired them for free and I try to do this for the better cardridge games.
Your Stylish Sword Master!