Author Topic: 52 Game Challenge 2017  (Read 59774 times)

Re: 52 Game Challenge 2017
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2017, 12:36:06 pm »
Finally can add to my list.

1) Lego Batman 3 (Base game 100% complete)
2) Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Story Mode, Parallel Quests completed)
3) Mass Effect (Replay, 100%)
4) Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Platinum Trophy)
5) Mass Effect 2 (Replay, 100%)
6) Mass Effect 3 (Replay, 100%)
7) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (One) (All achievements unlocked

8 ) Mass Effect Andromeda (Single Player complete) - Ended with 97%, as I'm not scouring each planet for those last little bits. In the end, it was an alright game, but far weaker compared to the main trilogy. I do feel as the shift to open world was unneeded and hindered the game fore than helped.

I gotta pick some shorter games now.

telly

« Reply #271 on: May 15, 2017, 09:59:55 am »
Game 9 - Perfect Dark (Xbox One) – 41 Hours

Finished the last few missions of this game over the weekend while the Xbox One was home. I beat the game on Perfect Agent, which was why it took me so long.

+ I really enjoyed playing this game, even though it was pretty difficult and required a lot of restarts. It’s got that classic 90s shooter vibe to it, and it reminded me a lot of Half Life, but with more action. Playing it on the Xbox One was a dream, it had great graphics, atmosphere, and I really liked the cyberpunk vibe. I enjoyed the story too (from what I remember, it’s tough to recall everything after 6 months).

- My only knock is the ending. It was really lame IMO, the last mission just kind of ends abruptly without any resolution. I wanted to hear what happened to Datadyne, did we finally achieve peace in the galaxy? What happens to everyone after the game is over? etc. I just wanted more story on that front.

Back to my list
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 09:53:36 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

realpoketendonl

« Reply #272 on: May 15, 2017, 07:31:09 pm »
And Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse has been beaten! I fondly remember playing Freddi Fish in my childhood, and while this game is definitely not as great as Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell, it's still pretty enjoyable.

Do I care it's a children's game? No. Do I care it only took 47 minutes to beat? No. Am I even taking this challenge serious anymore? No. But hey, a game beaten is a game beaten :p

So I guess that puts me at 20 games beaten.
Italics means I had already started with the game november last year or earlier.
A red glow means this is a second playthrough
A blue glow means the game has been completed 100%
  • Life is Strange
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (PC version)
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure
  • Sonic Generations
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  • Drawn to Life
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • 8-Bit Bayonetta
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Bayonetta
  • Space Channel 5: Part 2
  • DuckTales: Remastered
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

shfan

« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2017, 07:39:47 am »
Do I care it's a children's game? No. Do I care it only took 47 minutes to beat? No. Am I even taking this challenge serious anymore? No. But hey, a game beaten is a game beaten :p

Your attitude stinks

of WIN.  8)

telly

« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2017, 08:45:17 am »
Game 10 - Shovel Knight (Wii U) – 8 Hours

Double whammy! Beat two games in one day, pretty cool stuff.

+ I really don't need to stress how excellent this game is. The gameplay, graphics, music and art are all reminiscent of a bunch of NES games mashed together, and it's awesome. The story was decent too and fit the mood of the game. The special items were great and the boss fights were challenging overall (especially spectre knight). Overall a fantastic and very memorable platformer.

- I only have one very tiny nitpick. It just bothered me that your money is measured in gold when all you pick up are gems. That's all haha

Back to my list
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2017, 02:40:31 pm »
I need to beat some short games.  All of these long games I keep jumping into is killing my ratio.

I'm not quite where I want to be in my progress for the year.

« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2017, 05:19:22 pm »
25 - The Surge (PS4 2017) - PLAYING - Made by the guys who did the poor Lords of the Fallen, but so far I feel they've kinda redeemed themselves with this, at least for where I am.  It's just straight up Scifi Dark Souls/Bloodborne, but I think it has enough of its own unique elements to stand on its own.  I will say the gameplay isn't as good as Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3, it's sometimes hard to tell when an enemy attacks or what is unblockable (The generic scrub enemies having a leaping lung that cuts right through you) without trial and error, but I'm digging the setup at the moment.  Chopping off limbs to get new gear is kinda cool and it's not as big of a loot fest as other games as when you chop off a new part, it becomes a schematic that you can then craft at your operations center.  Anything you chop off after that is more for crafting parts and more tech (souls) I believe.

« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2017, 01:24:37 pm »
It's been months since i have updated my list so i will add 9 games in one post

List of games i've beat in 2017 :
1 • Final Fantasy XV (PS4 - 93h28 - 9 January)
2 • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst (Steam - 28h - 5 February)
3 • ADventure Lib (Steam - 34 minutes - 9 March)
A little adventure where everything have been replaced by other things, it's very short and can become pretty stupid since every NPC, items and enemies are random as you can see in one of my screenshot... for the price i wasn't expecting much and in the end that wasn't so bad, very stupid and easy yes but not that bad (i've seen worse, especially on Steam).

4 • Nier automata (PS4 - 56h14 - 17 March) Completed (72h14 - 22 March)
I LOVE YOKO TARO, do i need to say more ?  :-[

5 • Dynasty Warriors 8 Empire (PS4 - ~6h - 1 April)
I finished my first playtrough, the first of many since i want to complete it, sure it's repetitive and can become boring sometimes but i always come back to that series since DW2 on PS2 (the first PS2 game i ever bought).

6 • Unhack 2 (Steam - 6h - 4 April)
The sequel to Unhack (what a surprise right ?  ;) ), a visual novel from invertMouse (i get everything he release since i played Without Within, Vinty is adorable), and that one was not bad, i did not waited for much since i did not really liked the ending of the first game but it really surprised me after the prologue, i won't say much since i don't want to spoil (if one day someone play it) but it offer a good conclusion to the first game.

7 • Toren (Steam - 4h - 14 April)
Short adventure game where you follow the path of girl who have to climb up a tower to fight a dragon (and save the world !... well sort of :-X), i don't remember much of that game since probably there isn't much to remember except that the story made me say "What ?" a lot of time (maybe it was because the bad french translation, maybe one day i will retry it in English to check if that is the case) but still it was pleasant to play (and the soundtrack was pretty good).

8 • Sword Daughter (Steam - 2h30 - 14 April)
Again a short game, a visual novel where you follow Tyrna, a girl who have lost almost everything except her life and her sword from an orcs attack and that's where the choices begin, do you want to get revenge ? Save your comrades taken by the orcs ? Or try to seduce the half-elf you just encountered five minutes ago...  ??? . It had some potential but it's way too short, you don't even had the time to know the characters that the end is already here (i got to the first ending after 20 minutes...), after that with the skip option it was pretty fast to get all the endings.

9 • Infamous Second Son (PS4 - ~18h - 7 May)
I loved Infamous 1 & 2 and this one was good too but not as the same level, almost no sidequest (except for Paper Trail which was awesome and the DLC Cole's Legacy which wasn't worth it's price), everything is directly shown on the mini map (so there is no point for exploration). But the ending, especially once you finish paper trail, really makes me want a sequel.

10 • Infamous First Light (PS4 - ~6h - 9 May)
As a Stand Alone extension i did not expected much but still it was pretty good, sure it's only half of the Infamous SS map but you get to play with one of the best character from it and seeing how powerful Fetch is it's make me wondering if Delsin power really copy the full capacity of it. Also that ending goddammit, that ending 8).

11 • Persona 5 (PS4 - 90h22 - 17 May)
Even though Persona 4 is still my favorite it was an awesome game nonetheless, i have just finished it and the first thing i want is to do a second run to complete it. The only negative point for me was the "Traitor" part, it was a big letdown seeing how obvious that was.

--------------------------------------------------------------
The following games do not count toward the challenge:

Beater Spirit (Steam) : Ultra repetitive platforming game with bad controls, have only three different backgrounds and three different enemies , before you start the level you choose the background, the number of ennemies you want to fight and the difficulty, based on those point is a reward on gold pieces that you use to buy new skin in a gambling shop and that's all... I think it could have been pretty good as a free app on mobile to pass time but on Steam and for that price no, it's not worth it.

Neko Atsume (mobile): I finally purchased everything from the shop so i consider it completed but since i'm still missing a few cats i will probably come back to it from time to time.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:28:49 pm by metshael »

« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2017, 10:04:41 pm »
1. The House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii)
2. Hotline Miami (Steam)
3. Dead Space (Origin)
4. Dead Space 2 (Origin)

World of Warcraft is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game released in 2004 by Blizzard Entertainment. playermall is no.1 world of warcraft marketplace.It is the fourth released game set in the fantasy Warcraft universe, which was first introduced by Warcraft: Orcs & Humans in 1994.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:52:03 am by mmoseeker »

« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2017, 01:20:02 am »
First game beat this month and number 30 beat this year. My pace has slowed down a bit, but I'm still on track for 52 this year :)

30. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3): If you are a fan of the South Park show, you will LOVE this game, just as I did! This game had me busting out laughing countless times with all the fan service to series' jokes and references, as well as the original content which made this game feel like a giant interactive South Park episode. I honestly can't think of how they could have better implemented South Park into a video game, this game just nails it. With all that said, this game was a bit light on the gameplay depth and did not really break any ground with the RPG mechanics, in fact in many ways it was a below average RPG in that regard. Despite all this, the game's source material and humor carries it and makes it a highly enjoyable game. (5/17/17)

« Reply #280 on: May 20, 2017, 12:58:53 pm »
1) Lego Batman 3 (Base game 100% complete)
2) Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Story Mode, Parallel Quests completed)
3) Mass Effect (Replay, 100%)
4) Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Platinum Trophy)
5) Mass Effect 2 (Replay, 100%)
6) Mass Effect 3 (Replay, 100%)
7) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (One) (All achievements unlocked)
8 ) Mass Effect Andromeda (Single Player complete)

9) Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet (Story Mode, Collectables Complete) - If you were looking for a relatively decent children's game, keep looking. While decent in humor and keeping the atmosphere close to the show itself, the controls are so clunky and handle poorly that the game is at points more frustrating than enjoyable. And stay away from it if you're a completionist, as the DLC got delisted a while back.

« Reply #281 on: May 21, 2017, 03:03:09 am »
26 - Injustice 2 (PS4 2017) - BEAT - I abandoned The Surge and after I kept seeing more on Injustice 2, I was getting drawn in.  And then after hearing that it plays very differently from Mortal Kombat (Not a fan of their gameplay for the most part.  Hate the block button), I jumped for it and have been pleasantly happy with the game all evening.  Incredibly well done fighting game, like even if you don't agree with the loot system (It's abit overkill with everything), it's top tier stuff.  Visually very impressive, the story mode is yet another thing that shames live action DC and shows why generally the games and animated movies laugh in the face of shit like BvS, Suicide, Superman, and more than likely Wonder Woman.  STATE OF YOUR MOVIES, DC.  There's lots of interesting singleplayer content (The Multiverse is basically like the Towers and Krypt from MK, but more interesting overall I think), and I haven't even really touched multiplayer yet as I'm taking my time trying to figure out the characters I like.  Supergirl, Harley, and Bane are favorites, but I still have tons to play.

After Street Fighter V utterly failed, I was worried I wouldn't get into a fighting game this year as I tried with that, as I'm unsure about Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, but Injustice 2 is just fantastic.

kashell

« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2017, 09:52:08 am »
I decided to take a small break and play the original Power Stone. It's nowhere near as good as Power Stone 2, but it was still fun. My page has been updated with the review.

« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2017, 04:38:52 pm »
I decided to take a small break and play the original Power Stone. It's nowhere near as good as Power Stone 2, but it was still fun. My page has been updated with the review.

I need to replay both as well, but I remember having more fun with the first one. Hmm, might have to play and beat them both before the end of the year ;)

kashell

« Reply #284 on: May 23, 2017, 09:13:19 am »

I need to replay both as well, but I remember having more fun with the first one. Hmm, might have to play and beat them both before the end of the year ;)

I approve of this idea.

Then, we can connect our Dreamcast's to the Intertubez and play each other.

EDIT: Crimson Tears has been finished. A review will be coming soon.