Author Topic: VGCollect Secret Santa 2019 Loot Thread!  (Read 7318 times)

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Re: VGCollect Secret Santa 2019 Loot Thread!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2019, 12:15:51 am »

My Secret Santa did a great job.  And now I need to follow the truth and decode all the secret messages.  Also I now have enough tootsie rolls for a lifetime!  Wow!

As always this is so much fun, thanks for everyone participating and doing such a wonderful job and thanks to soera for putting it all together. 

kashell

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2019, 08:57:34 am »
The live stream (major thanks again to DashV for setting it up) revealed what I got from Telly. It was pretty damn epic.

I got Soul Nomad and the World Eaters (PS2) and the SaGa Frontier Millennium Collection (PS). Soul Nomad is a game I've been wanting to play for years. The SaGa Frontier Millennium helps add flair to my favorite game of all time. It's on display in the game room now, along with the SaGa Frontier OST I found years and years ago at an anime convention.

To top all of this off, I got a thoughtful card.

It's the most wonderful time of the year, indeed. Thanks again, Telly!

Dude!  That game came with a teacup and saucer! Pinkies Out!

Dare I say that the tea cup with its saucer stole the show?

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2019, 09:36:59 am »
The live stream (major thanks again to DashV for setting it up) revealed what I got from Telly. It was pretty damn epic.

I got Soul Nomad and the World Eaters (PS2) and the SaGa Frontier Millennium Collection (PS). Soul Nomad is a game I've been wanting to play for years. The SaGa Frontier Millennium helps add flair to my favorite game of all time. It's on display in the game room now, along with the SaGa Frontier OST I found years and years ago at an anime convention.

To top all of this off, I got a thoughtful card.

It's the most wonderful time of the year, indeed. Thanks again, Telly!

Dude!  That game came with a teacup and saucer! Pinkies Out!

Dare I say that the tea cup with its saucer stole the show?
I think Saga Frontier in general stole the show.

telly

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2019, 09:41:20 am »
Haha yeah no kidding!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2019, 10:12:28 am »
It's a Christmas miracle.

If/when folks start their Frontiering, I hope to hear all about it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 10:19:13 am by kashell »

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2019, 10:34:32 am »
I'm seriously thinking about playing Saga Frontier as my first game of 2020 now. seems like everyone loves it.

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2019, 10:55:48 am »
Maybe I'll play them after I'm finished with Code Vein.

kashell

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2019, 11:49:34 am »
I'm seriously thinking about playing Saga Frontier as my first game of 2020 now. seems like everyone loves it.
I'd be interested in hearing your impressions. It's my favorite game of all time; something I was reminded of when I did a replay earlier this year with Blue.

It's kind of thorny. Lots of the mechanics aren't explained well. Haha, I could list more problems.

When SaGa Frontier was first released, most "professional" reviewers (outside of Japan) lambasted it for not being enough like FF VII. But, those that took the time to understand that the game wasn't trying to be like FFVII and appreciated it on its own merits found the appeal. It took me about an hour or so to realize what I was supposed to do. I'm glad I stuck with it. Nowadays, we have a ton of excellent resources if people are confused by anything.

SaGa series has always been considered the black sheep of Square's franchises. It's great to see games like Romancing SaGa 3 and Scarlet Grace getting localized.

Maybe I'll play them after I'm finished with Code Vein.

You can play them in any order. SaGa Frontier and SaGa Frontier 2 are very different from each other. I like SF2 a bunch, but it removes most of the SaGa formulas.

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2019, 12:02:10 pm »
It's great to see games like Romancing SaGa 3 and Scarlet Grace getting localized.
Romancing Saga 3 has a physical release out for preorder on PA.  Allegedly they'll be the sole distributor for the English localization.

https://www.play-asia.com/romancing-saga-3-remaster-multi-language-english-cover/13/70csbv?tagid=2357035

telly

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2019, 12:05:23 pm »
The only method I have of playing it right now is on my PS3 which is back at my parents place. Not sure when I'll be able to get to play it :'(
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2019, 12:13:28 pm »
It's great to see games like Romancing SaGa 3 and Scarlet Grace getting localized.
Romancing Saga 3 has a physical release out for preorder on PA.  Allegedly they'll be the sole distributor for the English localization.

https://www.play-asia.com/romancing-saga-3-remaster-multi-language-english-cover/13/70csbv?tagid=2357035
Already had it pre-ordered, haha. I'm double dipping with this one.

The only method I have of playing it right now is on my PS3 which is back at my parents place. Not sure when I'll be able to get to play it :'(
Hopefully it's worth the wait!

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2019, 12:17:19 pm »
*Salsa Frontier

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2019, 12:20:56 pm »
Maybe time to bring back the VGcollect game of the month??

kashell

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2019, 01:17:46 pm »
Maybe time to bring back the VGcollect game of the month??

I didn't even know this was a thing. I'd be down since I've been wanting to do another replay.

*Salsa Frontier

We are not friends.

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2019, 02:01:42 pm »
*Salsa Friends