Author Topic: What’s the worst game you’ve ever played in your life?  (Read 5080 times)

byron

Re: What’s the worst game you’ve ever played in your life?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2020, 09:44:17 am »
How can you categorize the flawless gem that is Shaq-Fu as anything not in the pantheon of greatest games ever to bless this world with their existence? The accursed Earth doesn't deserve a game of Shaq-Fu's purity to grace its surface. Mankind is unworthy to play such a game of truth and excellence, yet the gods have allowed us to experience this game. Not a game, a way of life. An affirmation of all that is goodness and light. A shining beacon which man, though he aspires to, will never reach for all his so-called progress.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2020, 12:36:32 pm »

Conan for NES

The absolute worst game I have ever been subjected to.

Terrible controls (you press down to jump!), floaty and lagged character response, terrible graphics (this was 1990 on the NES, games looked much better by this point), and completely random respawning enemies. Like enemies that would respawn mid-jump and kill you (which you can't move once you jump, you are committed).

I hear the computer version of this game that the NES game is ported from is much better. But I've never played it, personally.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2020, 12:47:32 pm »
I manage to mostly avoid bad games, but holy crap, controversial opinion, I loathed Breath of the Wild as soon as I got past the sip test. It was miserable. Constant enemy fights that took several minutes, broke all my good weapons, dropped a crappy stick in return for all my effort. It made exploring a nightmare so I just stayed put on roads avoiding most of the game, then they threw in the ninjas, literally. I never could bring myself to go defeat Ganon even after completing all four guardians. It was all far too tedious. I felt so defeated for not getting why this was the "best" Zelda ever. I think I'll probably skip the sequel.

This sounds more like a case of a "least favorite" game rather than "worst".

least favourite game is still worst game ever played so that's not going to make a difference.

Not in the slightest.  That's the same as saying that you can't like a game even though it's bad.

If your personal experience for a certain game is that bad, no matter how good the game is in the eye of the general consensus, for that person it is the worst game that they have ever played their personal experience was rough after all.

Just because a game is praised by many and being objectively great overall, doesnt mean that there are some people out there who actually find it to be the worst game ever. Different Opinions exist.

Maybe the guys hasn't played animal crossing amiibo festival yet

I personally LOVED Breath of the Wild. But then I've always loved open, exploratory adventures games and RPGs. Easily my favorite type of game. And this one knocked it out of the park. Literally took away 6 months of my life, and I didn't mind a bit.

That's not to say it's absolutely perfect. I do have a couple SMALL gripes.

1. Cell-shaded graphics. Never been a fan of that. I get that a lot of people like that it ages better than realistic graphics, but I'm not one of them. Still, it's a small complaint and hardly breaks the game.

2. Crappy weapon durability. Who thought this was a good idea?! It is a very annoying mechanic. However, the rest of the game is so damn good I can overlook it and still play the game.

3. Music. There are parts where the music is absolutely stunning, but it seems that's mostly just in scripted events you trigger. The regular gameplay music is too ambient. But then, that's kind of common with a lot of these open-world games. So it comes with the territory, I suppose. Hasn't always been that way, though. The King's Field games were early experimenters with open 3D worlds, and the soundtrack for those games are just so damn good and atmospheric.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2020, 02:01:56 pm »

Conan for NES

Terrible controls (you press down to jump!), floaty and lagged character response, terrible graphics (this was 1990 on the NES, games looked much better by this point), and completely random respawning enemies. Like enemies that would respawn mid-jump and kill you (which you can't move once you jump, you are committed).

I hear the computer version of this game that the NES game is ported from is much better. But I've never played it, personally.

Conan is a huge turd.
It’s still probably not the worst game on the NES.

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2020, 03:32:30 pm »
Ninjabread Man. I would honestly rather play Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde than this game.

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2020, 05:30:25 pm »
Off the top of my head, Last Action Hero on SNES was bloody awful. Running Battle on the Master System just sucks. And whoever's played the Megadrive version of Dark Castle will have unpleasant memories flooding back.

pzeke

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2020, 03:40:54 pm »
Hook

After two months and some change later, I'm here to make a correction: Hook for SNES is actually a decent game; however, the NES version not so much, which is the one I had in mind while making my list. The only thing I like about the NES version is the covert art. The soundtrack is crap as well.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2020, 03:45:10 pm »
Hook

After two months and some change later, I'm here to make a correction: Hook for SNES is actually a decent game; however, the NES version not so much, which is the one I had in mind while making my list. The only thing I like about the NES version is the covert art. The soundtrack is crap as well.

I love Hook on SNES. Fun action platformer with colorful graphics and a fantastic soundtrack. Never have played the NES version.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2020, 05:26:32 pm »
Hook

Think that’s bad?  You should give the GameBoy version a spin. I made the mistake of buying that one as a kid.

pzeke

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2020, 08:44:35 am »
It's essentially the NES version, just in monochrome. It was one of the many games I played back when I discovered emulation, and it was effectively a one-and-done experience.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2020, 11:50:13 am »

Conan for NES

Not sure how long it will last but the game callod Connan The Barbarian (edit) Conan: The Mysteries of Time for the NES is going for a lot of money
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 04:54:31 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

soera

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2020, 04:22:37 pm »
E.T. (Atari)
F-16 fighting falcon (SMS)
AD&D: Heroes of the Lance (NES)
Tooth Invaders (C64)

astralsoul

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2020, 09:48:09 pm »
Depends on the context. Some bad games I play on purpose because of their noteriery. I feel like that's kind of cheating though. But based on that I'd say....

Custer's Revenge (Atari 2600)
Bubsy 3D (PS1)
ET (Atari 2600)

But taking in a different context, or I go into a game expecting something halfway decent, or completely unaware of how bad it really is, I'd have to choose these...

Ballz 3D (SNES)
Unlimited Saga (PS2)
The Guy Game (PS2) - I didn't expect it to be good but I didn't quite realize the level of abomination it really is

kashell

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2020, 09:28:40 am »
Growlanser: Heritage of War (mentioned in my first post)
Dimentium: The Ward
Bendy and the Ink Machine
Spectral Force 3
Spectral Souls
Shining Force Neo
Lunar: Dragon Song
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth
Unlimited Saga
Forever Kingdom

smudgy

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2020, 01:20:57 pm »
If by worst you mean had the worst time with it, one stand out is Automobili Lamborghini for N64. Renting a bad game was inevitable back then when you're just looking at game covers, but this one always stuck out. Me and my brother could not for the life of us make the first turn on the first track in the game. We were stunned by how bad it controlled, and it was a running joke between us for years, the setting of the bad game bar for us ("That game wasn't as bad as Lamborghini", etc.).

And on the topic of racing games, Sonic Riders. I got it thinking it would be Mario Kart-like, but instead it's an incredibly technical and complicated racing game with a steep learning curve and brutal AI. I never could get into it when I frequently took last place and just gave up on it. I bought the sequel on Wii a few years later out of curiosity, but the disc I got was defective and wouldn't go past the title screen. I just took that as a blessing in disguise.