Author Topic: What’s the worst game you’ve ever played in your life?  (Read 5022 times)

The worst game I’ve ever played is this PS1 game called Shellshock.

Re: What’s the worst game you’ve ever played in your life?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 10:38:41 pm »
It's hard to think of the really terrible ones, especially nowadays, it's rare that I end up playing something crazy bad, but I'd definitely say Superman 64.  It's pretty well known now, but I actually played it as a kid on my N64 lol I can't remember if I owned or rented it, but I was certainly not happy with it.

megasilverx1

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 11:09:00 pm »
I'd have to go with Terminator 2: Judgement Day for the Super Nintendo.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 11:11:31 pm »
1: Robocop for the NES, I just don't have fun with it, or the patience

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 11:17:26 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 12:42:59 am »
Panic on the Sega CD

It can barely even qualify as a game to be honest. it's like some wierd, point and click experimental game with a bunch of random, unfunny shit mixed in. I actually contemplated donating it to James Rolfe to end up in an AVGN episode, but I needed the money more at the time so I opted to sell it. Good riddance.

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 06:21:37 am »
Vampire Rain for Xbox 360

kashell

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 08:56:01 am »
I've played some real stinkers. For now, I'll go with Growlanser: Heritage of War.

telekill

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 09:38:36 am »
Naughty Bear was pretty bad.

Skyward Sword on Wii was a dark spot for me due to the forced motion controls. Ruined the game for me. Hell... ruined me on Nintendo for the rest of the Wii and the entire Wii-U generation. I was done with Nintendo after that until Switch stated I could play how I wanted and emphasized their Pro controller over motion controls.

Outside of console games though.... most mobile games are pretty horrible.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 11:27:25 am »
This is more of a personal opinion, but Marble Madness for the NES.

I grew to LOATHE that game as a kid.  I could never get past this one part and I got so frustrated with it.

That game is the reason I swear so much today.

sworddude

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 02:04:29 pm »
Link faces of evil CDI
Your Stylish Sword Master!

byron

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 02:23:55 pm »
Faces of Evil at least imparts a small amount of joy with its unintentionally hilarious cutscenes. I have never played any other game mentioned so far, so I can't say anything about them.

Back to the Future for NES stands out to me as a game with no redeeming qualities. The levels are all terrible and the music is grating and it all repeats over and over like some cyclical Hell you're trying in vain to escape from. There is not one moment between turning on the console and turning it off again in which you do not feel some level of misery.

sworddude

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 02:28:34 pm »
The cut scenes are so bad that they are funny yes, sadly that's where the fun ends  ;D

Still is where talking skyward sword It's imo a solid title and the motion controls where pretty fine

Let alone that skyward sword has the best story and cast in the entire zelda series pretty rough so see that title as the worst game ever for some

The wii in general had solid titles if you gave it a shot, operation rainfall with 3 solid rpg's, the best mario kart in the series, twlight princess wich imo is superior over botw the best 3d mario series that is mario galaxy and not 1 but 2 unique 3d mario platfomers on a single console not to mention gems as a shadows tale and sin and punishment don't get the hate for wii, it literally has some of the best nintendo titles ever. Better than the best new titles on switch. if where ignoring indi releases I'd easily take the wii library of first and even 3rd party titles over switch.

All first party titles are worse than they where on wii in wich a ton of series where at their peak or at least above average I'd say only smash is better on switch other series where all better on wii if where talking first party titles alone.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 04:06:12 pm by sworddude »

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 03:23:18 pm »
Fortnite

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 04:02:30 pm »
I manage to mostly avoid bad games, but holy crap, controversial opinion, I loathed Breath of the Wild as soon as I got past the sip test. It was miserable. Constant enemy fights that took several minutes, broke all my good weapons, dropped a crappy stick in return for all my effort. It made exploring a nightmare so I just stayed put on roads avoiding most of the game, then they threw in the ninjas, literally. I never could bring myself to go defeat Ganon even after completing all four guardians. It was all far too tedious. I felt so defeated for not getting why this was the "best" Zelda ever. I think I'll probably skip the sequel.

sworddude

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 04:11:11 pm »
I could see why botw was so appealing towards a far larger audience, it's a solid game mainly the openworld aspect and freedom if I had to guess. The explorations was really nice. I personally loved them breakable weapons for the survival aspect not a flaw imo hope it returns in the sequel make the player a bit less op especially in master mode in wich fighting is way less favorable and a waste of weapon durability so a more stealth and steal approach was better.

That being said the main flaws with botw was the lack of notable music, compared to other zelda titles wich was intentional and fitting but it's still a minor nitpick it still had some good tracks but definitely a low point for the series. Shrines where getting old at some point and most of them where really short, the dlc ones where pretty good though. The lack of actual dungeons, the beasts where nice and all but man where they short, a few minutes for some. The big bosses felt samey usually the high points in any 3d zelda yet not for botw with just 2 or 3 exceptions dlc included. let alone the lack in variety of subbosses and normal enemies wich have 5 to 7 different variants. While finding memories where nice and the story was decent, it pales in comparison to prior zelda 3d Ttitles.

Even if they don't fix these flaws I'm still looking forward to the sequel. botw was fun but it ain't the best 3d zelda ever it's a different experience though wich isnt a bad thing. boss varierty should be an easy fix though considering they've always done that pretty well in past titles botw is the only time in wich it was bad.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 04:27:49 pm by sworddude »