Author Topic: My review of & my opinions of original final fantasy 7 for ps1  (Read 1913 times)

I like to share my opinions & from my experiences of playing original final fantasy 7 & be warned this is going to be a long read & if you guys don't want to read it feel free to scan through this review & if you guys disagreed with any of my reviews feel free to call me out on it & show the evidences where & what I gotten wrong so let's get started.

story

Well I have to say the story is pretty enjoyable pretty good we started on reactor #1 that's where our story takes place in Midgar Reactor #1. Cloud's very first mission with Barrett & Avalanche is to bomb & destroy Mako Reactor #1 if I recalled correctly you started with 5 potions,1 either & 1 phoneix down & Cloud's equiped with a lightning & ice materials he's on a mission to destroy Shinra & Mako reactors to perseverance of the life of the planet. But as the story unfolds his personal mission is to settle & destroy & kill Sephiroth & Jenova once & for all & I have to say the dark themes is really good really enjoyable. & all I will advice you is if you guys want to know their backstory & their relations between Zack,Aerith,Cloud,Tifa & Sephiroth is play Crisis Core before you guys play original final fantasy 7 & you guys can see & tell Cloud's struggles & Cloud's Trama from losing 1 of his best friends & Zack passed down his Buster Sword unto Cloud. I guess I will stop here or at least for now.

graphics

Well what can I say when final fantasy 7 first came out the graphics its awesome the summons looked awesome it looked realistic. But now when I looked back on final fantasy 7 for ps1 the graphics don't hold up the graphics looked dated the graphics looked obsolete. From what I noticed,from what I seen,from what I seen of modding communities,from my research & if any of you guys cared only about graphics or if any of you guys are graphics whores then get pc version & install mods to enhance the graphics & give original final fantasy 7 a new look a refreshed look especially if original final fantasy 7 graphics hurt your eyes or just cared about the graphics. If any of you guys suggest I should added pc version to my collection,do a comparison,tell you guys which version is better either pc vs console or Japanese version vs localize version & re-do my reviews of final fantasy 7 feel free to tell me or let me know.

gameplay

I don't know where to start I guess I will say that I love the gameplay of final fantasy 7 sure it have more room for improvement & some glitches can either break the game,exploited or just plain weird or just plain freaky. Once you guys optained material menu you guys can come up with varies combination some can help some are useless all I will advice you is to mix & match try different tactics & find what works for you & what you will needed in 1 situation & what works in 1 situation won't work in a another situation every materials have strengths & weaknesses. & as a warning when your materials mastered your materials will reborn to a another material started from level 1 keep that in mind & if you don't like turned based games or JRPGs then please skip this game & go play something else if you like turned based games or JRPGs & like a enjoyable story,likable characters & dark themes then give this game a try & see if you enjoyed it or not.

characters & characters development

Well what can I say about characters there are likable characters & there are 1 or more characters you might hate or end up hating & characters development is quite enjoyable it does have some funny moments. For a date you have to have a certain compilabilty points the highest points will results in you will date that person if any of you guys know anything about dating mechanics when you guys went back to golden saucer & be warned some characters are either dark,evil & twisted & some characters have dark backstory. But however the story,characters & characters development is quite enjoyable really good really enjoyable they did really good with characters & some characters are waifus& waifu materials & some characters are not. I guess I will stop here or at least for now.

music

What can I say I love the songs they did really awesome some of the songs fits perfectly in some of the situations while some of the songs don't fit the atmosphere while some of the songs does fit the atmosphere some of the songs does set the mood I don't know what can I say & what to add sorry I will stop here or at least for now sorry :).

mini games

Well some reviewers don't include mini games but as I said before my reviews,opinions,impressions,etc. etc. are going to be honest unbiased reviews,opinions,impressions,etc. etc. so what can I say about mini games some of the mini games are a lot fun I had fun with 3 of my favorite mini games battle square,basketball in wonder square since basketball is 1 of my favorite sports & chocobo racing when you guys racing your chocobos. & some of the mini games can be tidies & some of the mini games can be boring depending on what mini games you guys find fun & enjoyable & be warned some of the mini games you needed gil to play & you needed gps to compete in battle square some of the mini games are enjoyable & some of the mini games are boring & I will leave at that. & you can either buy 1 time ticket or a lifetime pass ticket key item & as a warning lifetime pass key item is pretty expansive if I recalled correctly for 30,000 or 300,000 gil or 1 time ticket for 3,000 gil.

art style

Some of you guys might want to start asking me from my opinions but eagle lord hows the art style does the art style stand the test of time does the art style still hold up? sadly some of the art styles yes but outside of battles some of the the characters models don't & well some of the characters models outside of battles can be cringe at times. & some of the characters models are not cringe luckily,some of characters models don't aged well & some of battle characters models looked pretty good decent job & some of you guys who are man of cultures might like some of the art styles & some of you guys who are man of cultures might not like the art styles.

localizations

I haven't play Japanese version yet but all I will say for now is that from what I heard & from what I seen final fantasy 7 is not translated properly& was not translated properly & they fuck it up & I will leave at that.

final verdict

In conclusion final fantasy 7 is overrated yes & in a way it deserved it & when I looked back I have to & now that I looked back I have to give it a 6.5 out of 10 it does have some room for improvements there are some bugs they can be fixed & some glitches can be exploited & if you use mods especially when the graphics is dated,outdated & some improvements on pc version I might give it at least a 8 out of 10 at the most a 9 out of 10 overall I do love final fantasy 7 it was quite enjoyable really good really enjoyable they did really good & I had fun playing final fantasy 7 :).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 11:19:34 am by eaglelord9814 »

Nickkchilla

Re: My review of & my opinions of original final fantasy 7 for ps1
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 01:23:05 am »
I'm not intending to come across as rude or anything, but it's really difficult to understand anything you've written here.

The last post you made was also equally as difficult to read, and came across as non-nonsensical. You need spaces and proper formatting to make it easier for others to view. Perhaps it might be easier to write a single sentence at a time, carefully look it over and then type another.

Also, look closely at how other people here are typing. If it helps, check out some review sites and look at how they are posting.

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 08:25:16 am »
I'm not intending to come across as rude or anything, but it's really difficult to understand anything you've written here.

The last post you made was also equally as difficult to read, and came across as non-nonsensical. You need spaces and proper formatting to make it easier for others to view. Perhaps it might be easier to write a single sentence at a time, carefully look it over and then type another.

Also, look closely at how other people here are typing. If it helps, check out some review sites and look at how they are posting.

While the grammar isn't perfect it's definitely not to hard to understand what the guy is talking about. Your exaggerating a bit in my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 08:29:19 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Nickkchilla

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 12:41:08 pm »

Your exaggerating a bit in my humble opinion.

That's cool. Everyone's got an opinion and they're entitled to it.

Moving on, it requires extra effort to decipher and read what was posted here, including a topic posted in a previous thread. Yes, it is difficult to understand what he is talking about.

If I personally took "your exaggerating" as you believed I have ownership of a representation of something large instead of a contraction, would you tell me that I didn't?

If I don't necessarily care for the taste of green eggs and ham, are you going to tell me that no, I do instead?

Silly me! Can you also tell me that I DO know the material for the N1 Japanese Language Proficiency Test, and I should pass with flying colors?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 01:04:06 pm by Nickkchilla »

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 03:14:55 pm »

Moving on, it requires extra effort to decipher and read what was posted here, including a topic posted in a previous thread. Yes, it is difficult to understand what he is talking about.

If I personally took "your exaggerating" as you believed I have ownership of a representation of something large instead of a contraction, would you tell me that I didn't?

If I don't necessarily care for the taste of green eggs and ham, are you going to tell me that no, I do instead?

Silly me! Can you also tell me that I DO know the material for the N1 Japanese Language Proficiency Test, and I should pass with flying colors?

relax

I personally have a pretty rough time seeking parts of his review that are actually hard to understand. I really can't find anything if i'm honest.

His grammar ain't perfect and it's a bit messy.  Sure on an actual review site or an exam it's not going work obviously, But at the very end of the day his points are pretty clear even if it's not written perfectly.

But again that's just my opinion doesn't apply to everyone.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:20:36 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 06:22:07 pm »
So FF7.  Thats the topic here.  Growing up as a young adult when it came out I was like woah from Bill & Ted, blown away by what was presented to me.   However, I never really played that much.  Like many others out there I had "stepped" out of the video game world for a while (although would be sucked back in later by the likes of FF8 and CSOTN) but I watched my roommate and girlfriends brother play through it within weeks of each other.  Its a great game.  Riddled with bugs, flaws, twists, turns, and most importantly something pressingly urgent to attend too.  Here's the deal.  FF7 is a should play. Not the greatest ever, BUT the one that made the greatest splash.  Its the game that shattered the US RPG barrier. 

So many games before made with the purpose of schooling westerners on RPGs (not in the PC world though) Dragon Warrior a la Nintendo Power, Mystic Quest, and all those before FF7 failed to reach the broad audience of today. 

ferraroso

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 06:39:36 pm »
Maybe that's the otakus,weebs,gamers,final fantasy fan/huge fans & hentai fans dialect...

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 07:00:53 pm »
This post was better, it was easier to read. @eaglelord9814 might be a new poster I know when I first started posting 10 years ago on the internet. My own posts were vary similar. The more a person blogs the more experience they have. And they then learn and get better with time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 08:57:54 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Nickkchilla

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 08:19:17 pm »

relax

I personally have a pretty rough time seeking parts of his review that are actually hard to understand. I really can't find anything if i'm honest.

His grammar ain't perfect and it's a bit messy.  Sure on an actual review site or an exam it's not going work obviously, But at the very end of the day his points are pretty clear even if it's not written perfectly.

But again that's just my opinion doesn't apply to everyone.

I'm good dude. But sure, let's relax. Take a seat and tell me again what I understand and don't.

So FF7.  Thats the topic here.  Growing up as a young adult when it came out I was like woah from Bill & Ted, blown away by what was presented to me.   However, I never really played that much.  Like many others out there I had "stepped" out of the video game world for a while (although would be sucked back in later by the likes of FF8 and CSOTN) but I watched my roommate and girlfriends brother play through it within weeks of each other.  Its a great game.  Riddled with bugs, flaws, twists, turns, and most importantly something pressingly urgent to attend too.  Here's the deal.  FF7 is a should play. Not the greatest ever, BUT the one that made the greatest splash.  Its the game that shattered the US RPG barrier. 

So many games before made with the purpose of schooling westerners on RPGs (not in the PC world though) Dragon Warrior a la Nintendo Power, Mystic Quest, and all those before FF7 failed to reach the broad audience of today. 

Moving on, I agree. It's the type of game that isn't the best ever, but it did obviously catch on. I think the timing and platform of release also had a lot to do with it. Final Fantasy was synonymous with Nintendo for a long time, but swapping to CDs on the shiny new Playstation and away from pixel graphics must have caught a lot of attention as well.

pzeke

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 04:46:13 am »
While the grammar isn't perfect it's definitely not to hard to understand what the guy is talking about. Your exaggerating a bit in my humble opinion..

Seeing as how some of your posts are often a chore to go through, I find your reply to Nickkchilla quite ironic and hilarious.

But hey, I digress...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!