Author Topic: Game Collections You Would Love To See  (Read 2954 times)

Game Collections You Would Love To See
« on: October 18, 2020, 06:05:33 pm »
While game collections are not a new thing in any way, we've seen quite a collection of games over the past few years come out that have been great.  There's the real nice remake collections with stuff like Crash and Spyro, or you get classic collections that offer an easy way to play old classics like Mega Man and Castlevania.  Most recently we had the somewhat lacking Super Mario All 3D All Stars Collection, so what else would folks like to see happen?  And yes, Nintendo should've released a better collection that included Super Mario Galaxy 2, isn't 60 bucks for 3 rather half-assed ports, and isn't on some limited release schedule, just getting that out of the way lol

While I'm not a huge Castlevania fan, I enjoyed the previous collection of games as it was never a series I really got into as a kid as the only ones I had played, the first two, were pretty challenging.  I'm hoping we get a good new collection here soon that includes Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood (already released on PS4 in their own collection-like release), having the rest of the games from that general era, any handheld ones left, and then maybe the goofy N64 games.  Playing through the games definitely got me into the series more as I actually really like Super Castlevania IV.  After this they could do probably one or two more collections for all the post-2000 releases as there are a ton more games lol

This one is not a very big collection, but after the fun collections for the 8 Bit Mega Man games and the X series, I want a collection for Mega Man Legends.  I want the first three games remastered, of which I've never played the Tron Bonne game which is a pretty rare game these days, along with the prototype/prologue for Mega Man Legends 3 on 3DS.  The Legends games were actually my favorite Mega Man games, next to Mega Man X, and nothing would please me more than a collection like that.  Still dreaming of the day we get Mega Man Legends 3 lol  I would also say that I want at least Legends and Legends 2 to get the full remake treatment, Tron Bonne and the Prototype as a bonus, because I think those games would be awesome with some improvements, particularly in the controls as at least the first game I believe doesn't have analog stick support and had button aiming which was always a little wonky.

Twisted Metal is maybe an odd one to ask for, but I was huge into those games on the PS1 and I liked Black, though didn't play the PS3 one much.  Twisted Metal 2 in particular is my absolute favorite and I think the best, but I love those cheesy ass battle car games, and this would make for an incredibly fun collection as there's about 8 games for this and I'd love to replay the games, even the ones that aren't really considered the best lol

soera

Re: Game Collections You Would Love To See
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 12:43:22 am »
I would love to see a collection of some of the best RPG series out there. Dragon quest. Ys. Final fantasy (pre-ps2).

Im also interested in Twisted metal myself.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 02:30:08 am »
I'd love to see them bring an Advance Wars collection to the Switch. It just seems like a perfect fit. Along the same veins. a Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics collection would also work well.

I also just want them to finally announce the Mass Effect collection already.

azure

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 03:42:32 am »
King's Field, Armored Core, Xenosaga, Drakengard, Viewtiful Joe and Fatal Frame all came to mind.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 06:28:58 am »
I would love to see a collection of some of the best RPG series out there. Dragon quest. Ys. Final fantasy (pre-ps2).

It would be great to neatly put the Final Fantasy games together.  I've never played the ones pre-FF7, so it would be cool to get the first 6 games put together in a nice bundle that I can play on Switch.  It feels like that's what I've mostly used the Switch for over the past year or two, playing retro and retro-styled games lol

On that same line of Square-Enix games, I'd love a "Square" bundle for their RPG's that aren't from their big series like FF and DQ, so like Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Super Mario RPG, Breath of Fire, and probably a couple others could fit in there for it as I'm not very knowledgeable on RPG's past the more popular ones.

telekill

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 08:28:06 am »
I think it'd be great to have a SingleTrac collection. They were responsible for Twisted Metal, Jet Moto and Warhawk on the PS1. Great games contributed to its library.

I'd also love to see a Ninja Turtles collection ranging from the first NES game through to the Re-Shelled PS3/360 game.

telly

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 08:49:22 am »
Mega Man Battle Network!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 12:49:38 pm »
a collection for the ps4 that compiles all the games published by 505 Gamestreet on the ps2 :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

azure

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 02:04:26 pm »
Mega Man Battle Network!
Oh, this for sure!

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 03:01:26 pm »

While I'm not a huge Castlevania fan, I enjoyed the previous collection of games as it was never a series I really got into as a kid as the only ones I had played, the first two, were pretty challenging.  I'm hoping we get a good new collection here soon that includes Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood (already released on PS4 in their own collection-like release), having the rest of the games from that general era, any handheld ones left, and then maybe the goofy N64 games.  Playing through the games definitely got me into the series more as I actually really like Super Castlevania IV.  After this they could do probably one or two more collections for all the post-2000 releases as there are a ton more games lol

The last bit is exactly what I want.  I've got the GBA games - two on a repro cart, but the DS titles are kinda expensive and hard to find.  I would love to be able to get them at a reasonable price - preferably for the Switch so I can keep the portability.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2020, 03:59:18 pm »
I would like a legacy of kain/Soul Reaver series collection or a Silent hill collection would be sweet.And I'll second that Advanced Wars collection too.

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2020, 04:05:27 pm »
I really, really, really, really want a definitive Game & Watch Gallery game.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 04:07:19 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 06:11:58 pm »

It would be great to neatly put the Final Fantasy games together.  I've never played the ones pre-FF7, so it would be cool to get the first 6 games put together in a nice bundle that I can play on Switch.  It feels like that's what I've mostly used the Switch for over the past year or two, playing retro and retro-styled games lol

On that same line of Square-Enix games, I'd love a "Square" bundle for their RPG's that aren't from their big series like FF and DQ, so like Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Super Mario RPG, Breath of Fire, and probably a couple others could fit in there for it as I'm not very knowledgeable on RPG's past the more popular ones.

there has already been  at least one Japanese Final Fantasy compilation. on the Japanese PlayStation 1 but so far no American versions, I looked into a Final Fantasy collection a long time ago apparently these 2 games might be rare, and in Japanese language but they have been out, just not in the US or Europe (only in Japan)

I would like A Twisted Metal Collection myself, sinice I used to play Twisted Metal 2 all the time, with my dad

Final Fantasy Collection

https://vgcollect.com/item/57920

Final Fantasy Collection: Anniversary Package

https://vgcollect.com/item/19734

Here is some more games already listed in the database here :-\
https://vgcollect.com/search/Final%20Fantasy%20Collection

I have no idea what this is but it looks like an even bigger compilation, just not for a modern console maybe? one in stock now enjoy, but It looks too good to be true to me at least
https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-Classic-Collection-Trigger-Playstation/dp/B000F7W916
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 06:49:58 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telly

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 06:58:21 pm »
I would like a legacy of kain/Soul Reaver series collection or a Silent hill collection would be sweet.And I'll second that Advanced Wars collection too.

A Silent Hill Collection done right would be an instant buy for me.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 11:37:04 pm »
Every game series on this list 4K and Remastered. 

Elder Scrolls I-V Collection
Fallout
Romancing SaGa
Dungeon Siege
Diablo
Gran Turismo
Twisted Metal
Forza
Project Gotham
Assassins Creed
Dead or Alive
Toshinden
Tales of ... (there’s a ton of them!)
Fable
Grand Theft Auto
Red Dead
Wing Commander (all of them and including Privateer)
Resident Evil
Star Ocean
Ghost Recon
Burnout
Chessmaster
Doom
Halo (has it been done?)
Lord of the Rings (including Third Age)
Just Cause
Far Cry
UnrealTournament
Star Wars (SNES+N64+GameCube)