Author Topic: A Gaming Kinda Christmas.  (Read 1314 times)

telekill

A Gaming Kinda Christmas.
« on: October 19, 2020, 01:07:24 pm »
Hello all.

It's not even Halloween yet and I'm already starting my Christmas shopping for the kids. Each kiddo is getting a game for a different system so as not to cause any system time fights.

Eldest - This is a first as I'm buying the PS5, my eldest kiddo will be getting my PS4 in their room. I'm planning on getting her a new controller and the Ghost of Tale game to go with it.

Middle - I decided on Zelda: Link Between Worlds for her 2DS. This is largely thanks to you guys here on the forums. I had asked for recommendations for her birthday but other things took precedence over it. Appreciate the assist on this one guys.

Youngest - My initial plan was to get my son the new Spiderman Ultimate edition for PS5. The problem here is that he's four years old and I feel that a game like Spiderman would be too advanced for him. Due to this, I decided to go with a game that he loves the demo of; New Super Lucky's Tale on Switch. We'll look into Spiderman for him when he's a bit older.

Myself - I'm currently on the fence with what to get myself this Christmas. I'm looking at potentially getting Oddworld Soulstorm for PS5 assuming it's not delayed into next year. I may also end up with the PS5 version of Maneater. Time will tell.

What about you guys? Have you started shopping for whatever holiday you celebrate? Do you tend to get yourself something as well and if so, what are your plans this year?

Re: A Gaming Kinda Christmas.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 01:30:55 pm »
the Ghost of Tale game
Ghost of a Tale or Ghost of Tsushima

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 01:39:29 pm »
I usally buy my all my close family members gifts for the holidays, One of my most exciting Christmas's was 1997 when I got a new PC. It was a new Pentium 1 processer Packard Bell running Windows, I used to play Ultimate Doom, Duke Nukem 3D and a ton of other games on it. with my friends a lot of that computer. I also loved a game called G-nome a game that came with the PC, that I found in a pile of un-used installation discs months after I got the PC as a gift. :)

For me I would get a lot of games for Christmas and birthday. I'm grown up but I don't have any children or relationships with anyone I just stick to myself mostly and my closest family members

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kashell

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 02:14:48 pm »

What about you guys? Have you started shopping for whatever holiday you celebrate? Do you tend to get yourself something as well and if so, what are your plans this year?
I started shopping for my Secret Santa on this website. I also gave my brother an early Christmas present (Astral Chain) last time I saw him.

I may treat myself to a more expensive game this year, although I'm not sure what that is yet. Otherwise, it's going to be an inexpensive holiday season due to all of the crap going on.

telekill

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 02:49:06 pm »
the Ghost of Tale game

Ghost of a Tale. It's a mouse pirate game of sorts. Reminded me of Secret of Nimh. I recently finished Ghost of Tsushima. Great game.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 03:20:12 pm »
the Ghost of Tale game

Ghost of a Tale. It's a mouse pirate game of sorts. Reminded me of Secret of Nimh. I recently finished Ghost of Tsushima. Great game.
Yeah, I thought you meant Tsushima, so I googled Ghost of a Tale and saw that game.  Looks interesting and seems to be getting a physical release later this year.

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 09:30:08 pm »
I started Christmas shopping in June or July.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 01:31:13 am »
I dunno if I'll be buying for myself this year, with Christmas shopping for others making me go bust.  I have a friend who is an artist, she said she'd make me a Legend of Zelda themed painting because I bought her an art supply kit this year.

I've been focusing on retro so much this year, I honestly haven't even been paying attention to any new games that came/are coming out.  I guess I'm relying on whatever my friends decide to get me this holiday season.

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 01:37:22 am »
Youngest - My initial plan was to get my son the new Spiderman Ultimate edition for PS5. The problem here is that he's four years old and I feel that a game like Spiderman would be too advanced for him. Due to this, I decided to go with a game that he loves the demo of; New Super Lucky's Tale on Switch. We'll look into Spiderman for him when he's a bit older.

One thing I'd suggest there would be the Lego games. You can get a collection of all 3 Marvel games for the PS4 for about 25 bucks nowadays.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 02:56:01 am »
90% of my holiday shopping is done for my fiancee who is also a gamer. However, she typically has tastes that require me to find stuff on ebay that is no longer readily available so yes, I have started to look.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 04:32:39 pm »
I will buy a large Pepsi and a lot of pizza and will call it a tie.
Christmas stop being joyful for me a long time ago
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2020, 08:28:14 am »
In my personal circle I'm really the only person that is interested in games, other than a friend or two, and that'll usually just be a gift card if we go the gaming route, just to avoid getting something they already may have..  My SO likes playing, but long realized that anything she would want to play I probably already have, or would have no issue picking up for her randomly - and her tastes aren't super eclectic, so it's never much of anything hard to find.  There are few NECA figures that she has taken a shine too since I kinda started getting back into collecting, so I may get one or two of those.