Author Topic: The First Wii U Game of 2021  (Read 1457 times)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

The First Wii U Game of 2021
« on: January 14, 2021, 06:54:52 pm »
Whilst expanding the WiiU-eshop library, I stumbled upon a game that was due to release today!
Granted, it is not a physical game, but notable though!

14-1-2021
Seasonal Assistant
https://www.nintendo.nl/Games/Wii-U-downloadsoftware/Seasonal-Assistant-1901488.html

Do you guy think this is really the swan song of the Wii U or will there be more games released in this new decade?

Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

dhaabi

Re: The First Wii U Game of 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 08:41:12 pm »
There will certainly be more. Banjo-Kazooie's Adventure, Blast Dozer, and Commander Keen in Keen Dreams - Definitive Edition all released in the last week of December 2020 alone.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 08:22:14 am »
There will certainly be more. Banjo-Kazooie's Adventure, Blast Dozer, and Commander Keen in Keen Dreams - Definitive Edition all released in the last week of December 2020 alone.
I heard Banjo Kazooie and Blast Dozer didn't actually release.

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 11:53:00 am »
I heard Banjo Kazooie and Blast Dozer didn't actually release.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I see that both titles were announced as mistakes now. Until the Wii U eShop is closed for good, I'm sure more will come along just for the sake of being the last game released for the platform, nonetheless.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 04:53:55 pm »
There was a game called Shakedown Hawaii released last August for the Wii U.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 10:21:57 am »
I'm pretty certain that there will be a few more eShop games. I doubt any more physical releases are coming though
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 11:16:39 am »
hmm, interesting.

tpugmire

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 10:32:23 am »
I’d imagine that there will be a Just Dance at some point. Seems like there always is...
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 10:54:51 am »
I’d imagine that there will be a Just Dance at some point. Seems like there always is...
Ah, they discontinued the series on Wii U with Just Dance 2019
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

sworddude

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 05:14:29 am »

they made a just dance 2020 for wii

and considering how the wii u can play wii games it counts

a wise choice I'd say considering how terrible the wii u sold plus most ppl thought it was the original wii anyway.

your hitting the crappy wii u market and the ppl that own a wii wich is allot.

like legit even the big toy stores in my country are selling it. the only wii game that they sell in this era. all mario games or other sports games are gone but just dance still vibing

Just dance has always been popular among normal folks, those games always had high resale value on the 2nd hand market
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 05:16:41 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 07:26:27 am »

a wise choice I'd say considering how terrible the wii u sold plus most ppl thought it was the original wii anyway.

like legit even the big toy stores in my country are selling it. the only wii game that they sell in this era. all mario games or other sports games are gone but just dance still vibing

Just dance has always been popular among normal folks, those games always had high resale value on the 2nd hand market
Hahah I know, we live in the same country

Aah saying that Just Dance 2020 for the Wii counts as a Wii U game is something I can not get behind though.
The only other example I could come up with is Acid Drop for the Atari 2600 which was released in 1992. Since Acid Drop is playable on the Atari 7800 and is was released later than the last 7800 game, would you count it as the last 7800 game?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

sworddude

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 09:07:29 am »

Hahah I know, we live in the same country

Aah saying that Just Dance 2020 for the Wii counts as a Wii U game is something I can not get behind though.
The only other example I could come up with is Acid Drop for the Atari 2600 which was released in 1992. Since Acid Drop is playable on the Atari 7800 and is was released later than the last 7800 game, would you count it as the last 7800 game?

your right

However if where talking financials they might have made it for wii since it might not be profitable enough to make it wii u only.
Your Stylish Sword Master!