Author Topic: Asian version  (Read 1122 times)

brothertuc

Asian version
« on: January 25, 2022, 04:21:15 pm »
If I want to create an entry, which is an Asian version of the game, there is no way to do that, only the Japanese version. But they are two different versions.
Specifically, I'm talking about Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Switch and PS4 versions, which on Play-Asia is sold as both a Japanese and an Asian version.

I noticed there's a TW version, but not sure if that's an Asian version (like if it stands for Taiwan, or what not)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 04:26:04 pm by brothertuc »

dhaabi

Re: Asian version
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 07:26:39 pm »
When determining an entry's categorization, we're concerned with where an item was sold, although this does become difficult when dealing with online exclusive releases. That being said, Play-Asia's "(Asia)" item name descriptor isn't too helpful for us. In addition to offering the Japanese release, PlayAsia offers two Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Asia) releases—one with English packaging and the second with Chinese packaging, and they are intended for two separate markets.

PlayStation 4 CN: PlayAsia item page | eBay listing
PlayStation 4 JP: PlayAsia item page | eBay listing
PlayStation 4 TW: PlayAsia item page | eBay listing

As previously mentioned, differentiating between CN and TW categories is difficult. The fact that the GSRR rating system is used by both Taiwan and China doesn't make anything easier either. With that in mind, perhaps above the CN and TW releases should be swapped, or maybe they both belong in the same category. I understood the English packaging release without the GSRR rating to be TW as Koei Tecmo Taiwan is the item's publisher whereas that isn't the case with the Chinese packaging release.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 12:44:49 am by dhaabi »

brothertuc

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 10:30:53 am »
Soooo... If I were to create the item to add to my collection, I should just pick TW?
If I got the Asian version with English language?

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 03:43:34 pm »
Soooo... If I were to create the item to add to my collection, I should just pick TW?
If I got the Asian version with English language?

I'd say TW would be the best category. And if it's decided later on that CN is better suited for the entry, then it can easily be amended through an edit.

brothertuc

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 05:23:46 pm »
Cool.  I suppose, I can just choose TW and in the description, write that it is the English language version.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 05:35:28 pm »
Cool.  I suppose, I can just choose TW and in the description, write that it is the English language version.

I have to write in my own versions at times, it's not ideal but it's not too bad either.

brothertuc

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 05:41:48 pm »

I have to write in my own versions at times, it's not ideal but it's not too bad either.

You mean like selecting a European version, then make it the german, french or whatever version?

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 09:21:50 am »
Most people are not picky as to what exact physical version of a game they have, and may use the Notes field when adding a game into their collection.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 05:42:06 pm »

You mean like selecting a European version, then make it the german, french or whatever version?

I'm in NA, so at times I've had to select another region's (UE, JP, etc) game because no NA option is available. Sometimes I use it for variations not logged in the system, sometimes I have to select another consoles version because the one I have isn't here. I go through and update every so often.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 05:43:11 pm »
Most people are not picky as to what exact physical version of a game they have, and may use the Notes field when adding a game into their collection.

True, but it's a shame of a site that seems to strive to be as comprehensive as possible. I certainly am fine dealing with it, but I'd prefer not to have to make notes, lol

brothertuc

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2022, 09:48:55 am »

True, but it's a shame of a site that seems to strive to be as comprehensive as possible. I certainly am fine dealing with it, but I'd prefer not to have to make notes, lol

Yeah same here... So many games are missing from different versions (like EU or NA). We can just create it, but still...

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2022, 08:50:49 pm »

Yeah same here... So many games are missing from different versions (like EU or NA). We can just create it, but still...

Yeah, When i 1st joined I tried to add a bunch of things. I didn't know what I was doing but I was turned off by a slew of rejections without any guidance or explanation. turned me off from the whole process. The thread about rejected items doesn't help.