Author Topic: Game Awards 2022 early predictions?  (Read 775 times)

Game Awards 2022 early predictions?
« on: September 25, 2022, 03:24:09 pm »

Now that Tokyo Game Show has come and gone and we just had both a Nintendo Direct and a State Of Play before it and both Ubisoft and Disney/Marvel had events a few days before that I'd argue that The Game Awards is the last major gaming event we will have this year. With that said what are some predictions for what we'll see at the show.   

For me I think Xbox and Ninja Theory will give us a date for Hellblade 2. Otherwise I have no idea as The Game Awards has always been a very mixed bag so who knows not expecting much.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 03:26:31 pm by martymcfly »

Re: Game Awards 2022 early predictions?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 05:46:30 pm »
I think this is the year we see what NetherRealms is doing so that they can then release their new game next year, since it has been abit since MK11.  They revealed MK11 at the Game Awards, so seems like a decent chance it happens again.  If so, it would make next year a pretty crazy year for fighting games with Tekken 8, Street Fighter 6, and whatever NetherRealms makes, unless what they make is not a fighting game as they've talked about wanting to branch out, but a new MK, Injustice, or something else crazy like maybe something Marvel related is the more likely option.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 11:31:23 pm »
I would be shocked if any game surpasses Elden Ring for GOTY- it's been kind of a quiet year for games generally. 

telekill

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 11:10:26 pm »
As per usual, I hope for one of the following...
 - Mass Effect 5 info
 - Instinction release date
 - Uncharted continuation
 - Tomb Raider next gen info
 - Dino Crisis reboot
 - Shenmue 4

When it comes to my actual GOTY pick...

Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge takes it for me. They got it right. It feels like it could have released on Genesis and SNES. Then adding in the ability to have six players... insane and awesome.

Runner up potential for me is going to be A Plague Tale Requiem. I really enjoyed the first and I have high hopes for the sequel from this studio.

Horizon FW wasn't bad but it feels bloated and I stopped half into the game. God of War Ragnarok has potential but we really know what to expect from it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 11:21:30 pm by telekill »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 10:59:34 am »
Probably the new Horizon game!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 05:25:54 pm »
I'm going to be the grump and ask why anyone cares about these awards.

They're run by a bunch of people who hate gamers, populate the audience with people who couldn't pick Mario out of a lineup, and then base their decisions not on what games actually play the best, but what fits their ideas at the time.

In other words, they've worked hard at trying to make this like the Oscars, and that is not a good thing IMO.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

jason

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 06:59:39 pm »
Starting soon...

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2022, 07:39:28 pm »
Well my one prediction was a failure before the show even started as Ed Boon came out a few days ago and said they aren't ready to show off their new game yet lol

Man, Atomic Heart looks so sick and I just found out that Mick Gordon is doing the music, so I kinda just want to play it for that lol

Hades 2 was a big surprise and it looks awesome.  I didn't play the first game tons beyond the full run, but it's great.

I'm so excited for Death Stranding 2, you have no idea lol
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 09:10:49 pm by kamikazekeeg »

telekill

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2022, 09:57:07 pm »
I'm guessing it's nearly done. Nothing shown that I care about yet. Honestly kind of predictable.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2022, 10:44:54 pm »
Armored Core VI seems pretty cool, I haven't played the series since the PS2 days, but apparently the new game is rumored to be essentially Mecha Souls, which I'm of course I'm all for.

I'm gonna have a pretty sick June with Street Fighter 6 and Final Fantasy 16 lol
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 11:56:38 pm by kamikazekeeg »