Author Topic: VGCollect Turns 1!  (Read 6036 times)

scott

VGCollect Turns 1!
« on: January 20, 2012, 09:50:08 am »
We started building and testing the beginnings of VGCollect sometime around Christmas 2010. A year ago today, VGCollect opened up to the public and moved from alpha to beta, in our eyes this is the site's official birthday. The day we opened the floodgates and everything really started kicking into gear. Its been a great first year here at VGCollect, we've seen amazing growth with a bunch of new features added to the site and we even weathered a crisis. These things wouldn't have been possible without all of you guys and the community. So, in celebration on VGCollect's first birthday, we've got the stats for the year and a few announcements!

As of this writing we now have 2,771 users registered on the site, you all have collected a total of 91,472 items in collections with 4,244 wishlisted items and 142 things marked for sale/trade. To date, we have 20,278 items in the database with an average of 31 new items added daily. Our users have had 14,758 edits to the database submitted and approved, with an average of 129 edits being submitted per day.

Since we are a year old, we feel that now is a good time to come out of beta mode. So welcome to the official out-of-beta VGCollect! This means the Beta Badge for the website is being retired and is no longer attainable by new users. Though, the Beta Badge for the VGC Android app is still available to new users, since we are still working on tweaking and improving it. The Android app won't come out of beta until we release version 1.0.

Also, I'd like to announce the release of two new badges!

Unlocked for being a member for a year
Unlocked for being a member for 2 years

Matt will be implementing these in the next day or so and will pop on the anniversary of your sign up date. We have more badges coming and as soon as we squish any remaining bugs in the system we will be implementing those as well. As they go live I will update the VGC List O' Badges thread.

Thanks everyone for a great freshman year, and here's to many more excellent times ahead!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

Re: VGCollect Turns 1!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 10:00:54 am »
Happy Birthday! :)
we've had 1 good year, the next will be even better :D

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 10:01:10 am »
You're the birthday, you're the birthday, You're the birthday boy or girl!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:37:40 am »
Happy Birthday!  Can't wait to see how this site continues to improve.

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 04:16:10 pm »
Haha its my cousins birthday today too!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:04:26 pm »
Whoohoo! E-drinks all around!

scott

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 12:32:55 pm »
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0014/1962/products/emug_main.jpg?104340">

amauriel

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 08:46:08 pm »
Congrats guys! A lot of sites don't even make it this far, and especially when you add in the daunting task you put ahead. Add to that the great community you've already created, and I'm proud to say I've been with it since early on! (Even if my catalog is still stuck at the stuff in my first storage closet. :( )

Happy Birthday and here's to many more!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 03:11:46 pm »
w00t, I just noticed that it's been exactly a year since I joined VGC, though it certainly doesn't feel like that long.  I'm definitely sure that ever since I joined, my frequency of game purchases have increased several times over... :P

Thanks for the good times, folks! (also, I'll be looking for that anniversary badge ;) )
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 04:01:02 pm »
also, I'll be looking for that anniversary badge ;)

:-[

scott

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 04:06:32 pm »
also, I'll be looking for that anniversary badge ;)

:-[

Bad Matt, bad! Haha

desocietas

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 05:11:01 pm »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

vancha

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 04:06:53 pm »
Congrats to the creation of this awesome site, if only I found out of this place when it became beta :p