Author Topic: Going For Quantity Or Quality In Games  (Read 1511 times)

undertakerprime

Re: Going For Quantity Or Quality In Games
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2020, 08:43:05 pm »
Definitely quality. I have no interest in (or room for) a crapload of $1 Madden games I’ll never play anyway, or other garbage just to pad my collection numbers.

theflea

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2020, 02:00:54 am »
While I'd have to put myself in the quantity category. I usually only spend higher prices on quality games. I personally don't like many sport games and only buy them at garage sale prices or when I'm ready to complete a systems library. But I also love just buying a game I have no idea if I'll like it and discovering the game for the first time like when most of us when we where kids. I'll see a game (old or new) and buy it just because I liked the cover art or liked the style of game it is. Which is why I'm really getting into imports, so much stuff I never knew existed. Some games I know I'll never play but buy them for the story behind them or the shock value.

I'm telling you all right now a large game collection is not for everyone. If you have limited space and it looks like clutter then a collection then you need to limit your collection to what you love to play. If you walked into my house you would never know there was a giant game collection downstairs. Many people I've had over had no idea unless I told them.

When new collectors want to have a collection like mine and ask where to start, I say just collect what you like.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

droaa

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2020, 12:48:34 am »
While I'd have to put myself in the quantity category. I usually only spend higher prices on quality games. I personally don't like many sport games and only buy them at garage sale prices or when I'm ready to complete a systems library. But I also love just buying a game I have no idea if I'll like it and discovering the game for the first time like when most of us when we where kids. I'll see a game (old or new) and buy it just because I liked the cover art or liked the style of game it is. Which is why I'm really getting into imports, so much stuff I never knew existed. Some games I know I'll never play but buy them for the story behind them or the shock value.

I'm telling you all right now a large game collection is not for everyone. If you have limited space and it looks like clutter then a collection then you need to limit your collection to what you love to play. If you walked into my house you would never know there was a giant game collection downstairs. Many people I've had over had no idea unless I told them.

When new collectors want to have a collection like mine and ask where to start, I say just collect what you like.

This in particular resonated with me as the last few days I have been considering downsizing my collection because I dont have the room that I would like for what I have. I dont own nor have my own place to allow anything of such high magnitude. In a case like this, I would rather have less and for those games I dont want I would rather sell it off, give a good home for someone who can really appreciate it. The clutter is getting me is what I have been feeling over the past week to put it simply.

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2020, 12:59:42 pm »
For some systems I got for quantity- PS1, DC, Saturn, Jaguar, 3DO- One day I want full cib NA sets of all these consoles.  Why? because it's fun.

But otherwise I just collect for quality for other systems.  Don't need every game ever- I can't turn into John Hancock.