Author Topic: Do You Think Someday You Might Get Bored/Out Of Most Games?  (Read 1139 times)

there was already another thread vary similar to this but I'm stuck with this post so. here goes.

Do you think you will be a gamer/collector for life or do you think you will lose interest completely someday and never return as a gamer. Or do you think you're going to be a gamer for life.

I think I will stick to games most or all of my lifetime, But sadly I lost interest in toys when I was 19 and even though I still like non game related toys, I latter found that it was like I just lost interest against my will it is hard to explain the feeling I had back then, but I have no desire to ever play with toys again and I don't know exactly why. and this makes me sad.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 10:26:12 am by tripredacus »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Do You Think Someday You Might Get Board/Grown Out Of Most Games?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 09:12:02 am »
This thread is not created to make fun of or tease anyone, I posted it and now I'm stuck with it sorry admins :(

(off topic sorry) :(

Google says today 5/25/2019

The Pew Research Center found through a 2018 survey that 25% of men over the age of 65 and 23% of women the same age play video games. With the rise in video game usage among seniors, researchers have conducted studies that found video games provide much more than simple entertainment value.

for the record I even heard stories of some senors playing and enjoying Mario 64 and this was back in the late 1990's growing up :)

my mind is not all there today I can't even think straight today for some reason
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 09:58:17 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Do You Think Someday You Might Get Board/Grown Out Of Most Games?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 09:59:06 am »
I'm gonna use anime as an analog here- I was a huge weeb in high school/my 20s, and amassed at least a thousand anime DVDs. Now? It's been years since I sat down & watched a show through, and I've sold off something like 70-80% of those DVDs. It would seem like I've grown out of anime.

Thing is- I don't really feel like I have. I still like it, I just tend to do other things nowadays. I think two things happened: 1) You know how they say "90% of media is crap?" I feel like I burned out on sub-par shows, so even the good stuff doesn't spur me that much anymore. As I've cut away more & more of my old DVDs, leaving a much more concentrated collection, I start to feel more inclined to watch something again. But, that I think is dependent on 2) most of my anime-watching friend group either lost touch or fell out of it. Having people to bounce interest & discussions off of definitely affects fandom. Losing that support definitely effected my interest. If I met some few friend who was still firmly entrenched in the otaku lifestyle- yeah, I'd totally fall back in.

Right now, I sit with my game collection where my anime collection once was. I just passed 1,000 games at the end of last year, I hit up 2-3 local cons a year, I play with my friends- if my current group shifted to non- game players, there's a good likelihood I'd be doing a similar purge to my games. I could also get comfortable playing one or two select old favorites & decide to drop the extra stuff in favor of a handful of 'comfort games'. But even if I moved away from the heavy-duty gaming & collecting I do now, I don't think I'd ever lose interest entirely. Much as I still know the titles of the big anime today (even if I don't watch them), I think I'd keep tabs on the gaming industry, even if I wasn't playing.

Re: Do You Think Someday You Might Get Board/Out Of Most Games?
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 10:42:14 am »
I think there is a possibility my interest may decrease someday, particularly in collecting, but I don't think I could ever completely lose interest in video games ever. Video games have been an integral part of me my whole life; so many memories and great experiences I have involve playing games with friends, by myself, at certain places, or buying specific games. It's almost like it's a part of who I am and I can't see that part of me ever going away. And when I compare this to most of my other interests like movies, anime, cartoons, and even biking, video games feel fundamentally different. Those other things just feel like hobbies or simple interests, however video games feel way more significant. 

ferraroso

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 06:07:15 pm »
I don't feel like I'll ever get bored with collecting games, but I can see myself not having as much time/money as I have now to spend with this hobby in the future.
However, I am already sooooooo bored with most games released nowadays... As a proof of that, the only non-retro style/non-remastered games I bought in the last two years or so were Spider-man and Ace Combat 7: Skies Unkown...

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 06:46:52 pm »
I'm unlikely to ever leave gaming.  Gaming continues to be great, there are still amazing and wonderful games getting released and I don't see that changing.  I'm sure as time goes on, something will take up more of my time, but I'm more than happy to look forward to being like 80 years old and still trying to game lol

dreama1

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 02:26:37 am »
Maybe you have depression? We might do it less eventually. But I think the ideology/soul lives on if you're a real gamer at heart, meaning the love never dies. It's something none physical.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one thinking this, but If all the games in the world were destroyed tomorrow I'd still be gamer at heart and talking about it and why I thought it was so great to people who potentially never even touched a video game, and even if not able "Physically play per say" anymore there's still a spirit/soul to these things.  But if you always saw it as disposable entertainment material or a trend I can see why people would just drop out, it was more a flirtation than a genuine passion/love at least in my eyes.

Some people, perhaps on here even like to say the term real gamer or hardcore gamer is a moral relativist term that means nothing but I disagree. And it simply comes down to passion/soul which separates them. One eternal, the other temporary.

However depression might make someone get bored/tired or some highly unusual trauma related to video games is a different story though of course.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 02:30:29 am by dreama1 »

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 02:44:33 am »
While the act of playing games is something I dont think I will ever let go considering it has been a huge part of my life since the age of 7, I can say that the collecting aspect for me will go through a decline. I say this because thats where my head is right this moment. I feel like lately my collecting has overshadowed the act of playing games and seeing them through because it seems to me like I would rather collect more and more games rather than sitting down and experience them which at the end of the day is all I really want but cant because I wont allow myself to do so because I keep adding stuff I dont particular care for which then winds up getting sold off. Its not going to happen overnight but I already see myself being alot more selective than ever so chances are rather than get a random bunch per month, it could be 1 or 2 that I really want or none at all. Who knows.

pzeke

Re: Do You Think Someday You Might Get Bored/Out Of Most Games?
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 12:11:07 pm »
I will admit I’ve found myself growing slightly uninterested and a bit apathetic towards newer releases, almost to the point of second guessing me getting both a PS4 and Switch, although Final Fantasy VII Remake and Pokémon Sword & Shield help appease that feeling. Overall, though, I would say no; I don’t think I’ll ever get bored. I really enjoy this hobby, and as long as there’s interest and the games continue to appeal to my tastes and there's a will, I'll most probably continue to enjoy myself until my senior years.

My mother for example loved collecting vinyl records until she had to give them away because they were taking too much space, most of which she had since she was a teenager; she also has a small china collection. I know of people that are still enjoying their hobbies, like collecting comics, coins, toys, and even cars at an older age, so like I said, I see myself still enjoying this one at 60 and beyond – I’m certain I’ll still be playing my games, too. I believe if this handsome fella is still enjoying his hobbies at his age, I should, as well...and you, too.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!