Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Most Anticipated Games  (Read 5821 times)

mark1982

Nintendo Switch Most Anticipated Games
« on: August 24, 2019, 09:45:03 am »

-----------------------------

The Nintendo Switch for me has been a fantastic device to play games on the go, and I find myself playing on it a lot more than my other consoles recently. One, the ease of getting into a game and just picking it up to play. Two, the type of games available on it, I know majority of the indie games are on PC and PSN, but I just find it so much more convenient to pick up and play a classic Metroidvania or RPG type game on the Switch.

With that said, here are some of the games I'm most anticipated to get:

Like a lot of people here, these are the obvious major releases I'm looking forward to:

What I'd like to get into now is the smaller indie titles that have caught my attention that I really want to play:

1. Blasphemous - Release: Sep 10, 2019
Wow this game looks amazing, it's like a 2D sprite based Dark Souls, the art style is out of this world, might be a bit too extreme for some... I love the fact that in the description of the game they use "punishing" so a challenge definitely awaits! I'm hoping for a physical release... Double Dipping LRG here I come ;D

2. Hollow Knight: Silksong - Release: TBD
Definitely not a small title in my book. After playing the first one, this is up there for most anticipated. Not only is it a sequel, the main character is Hornet! The protector of Hallownest. High praise.

3. Inmost - Release: 2019
This is a game I discovered by accident. I love that it looks like a high end gameboy game. This action platformer looks great with a creepy atmosphere and superb animations. Extremely interesting...

4. Panzer Dragoon - Remake - Release: 2019
What can I say, it's a remake of Panzer Dragoon, that alone warrants high praise. Let's just hope it's done well ;)

5. Ori and the Blind Forest - Definitive Edition - Release: Sep 27, 2019
I have an XBOX One and this game has been sitting in my wishlist for ages... I'm so glad this beautiful game is finally coming to the Switch where I will definitely get it on.

Confirmed Physical releases

6. River City Girls - Release: Expected to ship Sept 2019
Now here's a special game from the Kunio-kun Downtown Nekketsu series. Love the animations in this beat-em up and looks like heaps of fun. Anybody who is familiar with the River City games knows what to expect from this gem ;D

7. Valfaris - Release: Expected to ship Nov 2019
Now if you're familiar with the heavy metal Slain: Back from Hell game, Valfaris is their next title. Super smooth animations with a really nice color palette set in the future. Beautiful game...

8. Timespinner - Release: LRG Expected to ship Nov 2019
Really nice thowback to the SNES era and reminds me of Actraiser II or Demon's Crest, which are some of my favorites on the SNES. I know Timespinner came out already on the Nintendo eShop and it's been sitting in my wishlist. Once I heard it's gonna be available on LRG I held off, glad I did. Made my pre-order already, now just have to wait for it to arrive in the mail on November ;D

So VGCollect, what Nintendo Switch games are you looking forward to?
Major releases or smaller indie games, anything Switch related. Also, if anybody knows if we're gonna get physical releases of the games I mentioned please let me know. ;D

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:20:29 pm by mark1982 »
  l    l 

doafan

Re: Nintendo Switch Most Anticipated Games
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 09:53:50 am »
I just want Animal Crossing New Horizon but have to admit that have been following all the news about River City Girls, am a fan of this genre and having girls has main characters is the best that have ever seen, by the way thanks to you am now interested in Blasphemous and Inmost both look so freaking awesome  :o

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 12:07:09 pm »
You hit my big ones, Link’s Awakening and Blasphemous, but I am beyond excited for Silksong because Hollow Knight is my GotY from 2017.  It was SO good.

azure

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 02:16:27 pm »
My list at this point in time:

Panzer Dragoon Remake
Astral Chain
Daemon X Machina
Pokémon Sword/Pokémon Shield

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 03:26:53 pm »
Only major ones I'm planning to get are Pokemon Sword.  Everything else is sorta up in the air at the moment as the Switch for me has been pretty lackluster for awhile now.  I have a general interest in Astral Chain, but I'm going to wait to see how that game turns out before buying it.  Probably gonna pass on Link's Awakening for awhile as I'm not overly interested in it due to the visual style they chose.  I was sorta into Daemon x Machina, but that demo for it wasn't very good and it looks like it'll likely have a lot of performance issues in the big battles.

Multi-Platform wise, I'll probably pick up River City Girls, Valfaris, and Blasphemous on it due to kinda making my Switch the 2D sidescroller system, though that choice didn't work out the best for Bloodstained lol

megasilverx1

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 10:31:30 pm »
My most anticipated Switch games currently are:
  • Dragon Quest XI S
  • Astral Chain
  • Link's Awakening
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Fuga: Melodies of Steel
  • Eastward
  • Shovel Knight's physical release

mark1982

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 12:28:33 am »
I just want Animal Crossing New Horizon but have to admit that have been following all the news about River City Girls, am a fan of this genre and having girls has main characters is the best that have ever seen, by the way thanks to you am now interested in Blasphemous and Inmost both look so freaking awesome  :o

That’s great to hear! The more people to know about Blasphemous the better ;D
  l    l 

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 12:51:59 pm »
I want:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
Luigi's Mansion 3

I want eventually:
Super Mario Maker 2 - Not buying until the online with friends patch releases.
Pokémon Shield
Ninjala
Fishing Star World Tour

I want on PS4:
No More Heroes III
New Super Lucky's Tale

aliensstudios

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 01:36:38 pm »

This is the only game anybody should care about  8)
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 02:32:42 pm »

This is the only game anybody should care about  8)
Ahem...

mark1982

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 02:44:54 pm »
Damn, Ryan got his own game... :P
  l    l 

aliensstudios

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 07:35:29 pm »
Damn, Ryan got his own game... :P
And it's physical too! Good grief.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

mark1982

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 02:56:29 am »
My most anticipated Switch games currently are:
  • Dragon Quest XI S
  • Astral Chain
  • Link's Awakening
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Fuga: Melodies of Steel
  • Eastward
  • Shovel Knight's physical release

Eastward looks super interesting. Really liking the art style, definitely on my radar now. Thanks MegaSilver ;D

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:59:01 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

tpugmire

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 10:21:27 am »
Links Awakening and Killer Queen Black are the next two on my radar.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2019, 03:31:35 am »
The Switch has become such a breath of fresh air after the dismal commercial performance of the Wii U. I'm glad Nintendo is getting taken seriously again in terms of the home console market.

I'm intrigued by the Shovel Knight game even though I have it on Wii U. I like the thought of having all the DLC on a physical medium.

I'm also looking forward to any future Mario and Zelda games as well.