Author Topic: Holiday Christmas Shopping 2019 What Stores Do You Recommend?  (Read 1028 times)

Holiday Christmas Shopping 2019 What Stores Do You Recommend?
« on: October 12, 2019, 03:43:03 am »
I thought we could share our opinions on where would be a good place to buy things from.

Walmart usually has some great deals both in-store and online store. If you are looking to buy music CD's for you or someone else Walmart is the best place in my opinion to go for music. Also my Walmart is selling PS1 classics and Genesis Mini's in store.

Walmart and Amazon has been my goto shopping destination to buy things in the holiday season for some years now.

In the past I never had a bad  experience with Amazon.com around Christmas time but other parts of the year yes at least 2 times when getting something used.

What are some of the stores you can recommend us to buy things from this holiday season? even if you don't have a family or friends what can you buy to make yourself feel better?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 03:53:23 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Holiday Christmas Shopping 2019 What Stores Do You Recommend?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 10:17:43 am »
I don't even want to think about Christmas or the holidays yet. I'll return to this thread in about a month.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 12:15:50 pm »
Shop at... whatever place carries things the people who know would like, that can provide you with the best selection or deals.

I've picked up a couple things from Macy's already, but I wouldn't recommend it necessarily. It can be very expensive! I work there, so I can employee discount my way into some decent finds, but that's specific to me. (Although I will say, if you need clothes or purses and the person doesn't need the 'latest fashion', hit up the Last Act section- some crazy cheap stuff in that deep clearance area. Limited return window though, so maybe put that off til mid-December last minute pickups.)

Google is gonna be your friend here- sometimes you might have to go someplace out of your usual range to find something a person will like. Start early, & do your research... learn about the item, about the company, and about the return policy (just in case.) If you're buying online, leave some time for shipping issues- any really important gifts you should order with double the shipping time left... in case it comes damaged and you have to wait for a replacement. I try to be done no later than the first week of December. Bonus for that- less time spent fighting the holiday crowds!

If you are alone for the holidays, consider joining up with a toy drive/giving tree. It might help you feel more connected, if only becuase it'll help show you're not alone in being alone (*mumbles something about messages in bottles*) If you can choose your gift recipient, go for older teens & the elderly. They're less likely to get picked than fun-to-shop-for little kids. Plus, if you're hanging out here you're likely a bit more tech-savvy and in a better spot to buy a teen something they'd actually like.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 02:49:07 pm »
Walmart is usually the place to be on black friday but last year I knocked off everything at gamestop.   Target is already rumoring a 150 dollar Nintendo Switch Lite.  But who knows if it's true. 

As for closer to christmas.  Amazon.  I will not leave the house past December 1st lol.