Author Topic: Accounting+ Big Box Edition Question  (Read 1404 times)

Accounting+ Big Box Edition Question
« on: October 13, 2019, 08:13:30 pm »
I just received my copy of Accounting+ in the mail and I've been looking forward to playing this release. I ended up getting the big box version and noticed that the plush figure inside doesn't speak when I try to squeeze it. Did anyone else who got this version of the game have similar issues? If not, what are your thoughts on the game if you have played it or ordered it from LRG? Thanks!

tripredacus

Re: Accounting+ Big Box Edition Question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 10:10:38 am »
Is this the kind of talking toy where you need to pull a plastic tab out of somewhere for it to start working?

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 04:22:13 pm »
It looks and feels like one of those... Except for this is sewn shut and doesn't have a velcro/zipper opening like I'd expect. I'd open it up at a seam and take a look if I was better with a thread and needle lol. It feels like I've pressed the box inside at every angle possible.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 11:54:57 pm »
There's two kinds of squeakers in toys that I'm aware of- the electric kind, and the plastic dog-toy kind. The electric kind will have hard edges, a noticeable button somewhere on it, and a wire. The plastic kind should feel like a rounded disc, with a small bump on one end.

The electric kind is straightforward- find button, push button. The plastic kind is tricker, as you literally have to squeeze it to force air of out the bump to make the sound. If the angle's wrong or the seal is bad, it won't work.

Get in there with all your fingers and smush the whole thing around- you should be able to isolate the squeaker, feel out what kind it is, and see if it's really broken. If it is, contact LRG for a replacement (assuming it's directly from them and not an Ebay pickup.)

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 01:03:45 am »
If is an electric talk or squeak box toy It might need a new battery inside or maybe what @tripredacus said about pulling a tab somewhere?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 01:06:04 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 09:58:12 am »
It would be irresponsible for a company to make an electronic toy with a battery that cannot easily be replaced.

I watched some unboxing videos. This one the toy doesn't work.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=l0yxlt2m88c
around 3:00

Unless that is you...
The other unboxing video I found, they don't open the packaging.

However... I find another video: https://youtu.be/eJ8Mse4Ym5s
where they hit him against a surface. It may be one of those impact activated toys. There is one in my office that Intel had sent of a monkey. If you squeeze it, it won't do anything but if you throw it on the floor or whatever, then it makes a sound. If it is this type, and like the Intel one, then the mechanism may wear down over time and less force can be applied to make the sound work.

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 11:14:02 am »
It would be irresponsible for a company to make an electronic toy with a battery that cannot easily be replaced.

I watched some unboxing videos. This one the toy doesn't work.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=l0yxlt2m88c
around 3:00

Unless that is you...
The other unboxing video I found, they don't open the packaging.

However... I find another video: https://youtu.be/eJ8Mse4Ym5s
where they hit him against a surface. It may be one of those impact activated toys. There is one in my office that Intel had sent of a monkey. If you squeeze it, it won't do anything but if you throw it on the floor or whatever, then it makes a sound. If it is this type, and like the Intel one, then the mechanism may wear down over time and less force can be applied to make the sound work.

Thank you for this reply! I saw a video of an unboxing at the same time as your comment and sure enough, I smacked it and there was sound lol. I wasn't expecting it to be impact activated since I just assumed it would be a squeeze plush like most seem to be. I do wish that it had the ability to be opened easily so the battery could be replaced... but I'll cross that road when it comes.

Here is a pic of the guy in question:

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 08:38:45 pm »
Oh that's interesting! I've never seen a sound-based impact toy- it's usually lights.

What does the sensor feel like, out of curiosity? The light-based ones are usually round.

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 02:21:03 pm »
It's a hard, rectangular shape all around with no notable wires or bumps that I can feel. I don't hear anything when I shake it and you generally have to make pretty good contact with the box inside to have it activate.

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 11:56:07 am »
It's a hard, rectangular shape all around with no notable wires or bumps that I can feel. I don't hear anything when I shake it and you generally have to make pretty good contact with the box inside to have it activate.

I've never run into anything like that! I work in a craft store, so these kind of things are commonplace- hearing about a foreign variant is intriguing!