Author Topic: Create A Dream Gaming Device. What Would Be Your Ideal Dream Device?  (Read 1032 times)

I have a crazy idea for a thread today, I don't know exactly how anyone is going to react but here goes nothing. :-\

What would be your dream gaming device? You can have up to 2 different dream devices. :)

questions to consider

1: What kind of controller would you like it to have?
2: Would it be a tv console?,
3:or a handheld device? or an arcade cabinet?
4:or maybe a PC/Computer?
5:or something else?

My Ideal non portable device would have all video games ever made in one device. And something like a harddrive to fit more newer games on it.  It would be cartridge based. But have a massive storage system. It would be solar power or something else that it won't need to be plugged in or need to charge.

I would prefer it to have like a PlayStation 2 or Xbox controller. Or, something custom fit, and comfortable on my own hands. I would prefer it to be legal, or not against any laws or against anyone's rights. To have one of these.

As for my ideal portable device. I would prefer the same thing. With a full color screen, that could fold out to make the screen bigger, and was solar powered, or somehow wireless, and never needed to be charged.

I would prefer a compact controller to play with like a console. and it be lightweight. I would also like the entire device and controller to fit and fold the whole thing. in a pocket, or lightweight bag or backpack.

And I would like both things to be unbreakable or easy to repair.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 07:02:41 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Create A Dream Gaming Device. What Would Be Your Ideal Dream Device?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 11:23:39 pm »
To be honest, I just want gaming to remain physical, but this unfortunately is just a dream. I know some on here disagree, but I think we're looking at Gen 9 being the last generation to use physical media. I think it will be gone by Gen 10. I still have time to decide, but I'm thinking Gen 10 might be my exit from gaming, at least new gaming.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 10:12:26 am »
A device that can play 2600, NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, PS2, PS1, Laserdisc, VHS, Switch, PS4, DVD, Blu-Ray, Gamecube, GBA and Dreamcast all in one.

ferraroso

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 08:32:20 pm »
A physical, cartridge based tabletop console with no region locks and a basic controller similar to the PS4's (without the touchpad), but with support to a controller similar to the Saturn's for fighting games and platformers.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 09:55:03 am »
This is a great thread idea. 

1. I think firstly,  8k native, 120 fps minimum.   Crazy spec beast.  Something on line with the max that optimized PCs can perform at. 

2. The hybrid functionality between portable and docked like the switch does should become the standard.   But only if they can optimize it where their are no graphical or performance dips when it enters handheld mode.  Fully seemless.  So that would require quite a bit of power packed into a small frame.

3.  Controller will be the Xbox One controller with very minor tweaks.  Maybe a more tactile grip.

4.  Some sort of Alexa feature built in.  Where the device can control your other smart devices by voice.  Without a camera watching you.  Just simply a mic intergration.   So you can talk to the Xbox and have it dim lights, shut off televisions or check weather.

5. 100 percent carbon fiber design.   Carbon fiber is expensive, but it's so damn sexy.  And light and strong.  Heat resistant.  Everything a console needs.

6.  3 cooling systems.   Fan,  liquid and gas.   

7.  Durability is #1 priority.   

8.  Digital games can be traded or sold in a giant marketplace hub. 

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 12:05:39 pm »
Maybe a system that has rewritable media to store the updates on a physical disc or cart and not be tied to a login account...that would be enough for me.

On the dream side though...an implant chip that lets you upload the game to your mind, creating the illusion that you’ve already beaten and mastered it. That would free up so much time. It’s the memories after all that keep me buying retro. Most of my recent retro purchases haven’t even been hooked up yet.