Author Topic: What other luxuries do you enjoy besides video games?  (Read 4175 times)

What other luxuries do you enjoy besides video games?
« on: October 20, 2019, 03:21:02 pm »
I don't spend money on much else.

- Alcohol (with friends at a bar)
- Slush
- Milkshakes / Protein shakes
- Blu ray movies (very selective about which ones)

I don't feel compelled to spend on much and don't have a lot of indulgences outside of video games. There's nothing I really need / want.

I enjoy buying a slush when I'm out and stocking my fridge with milkshakes when I'm in but beyond that pretty much all my money is earmarked for bills or savings/investments.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: What other luxuries do you enjoy besides video games?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 10:48:32 pm »
Take out on Friday's so my girl can have a break from cooking that's it.Once in a while we might take the kids out to eat instead of takeout but not often.Or we might take them to the movies every once in awhile.But that's it we don't vacation or live large we live a very modest lifestyle.Oh and during the summer every wensday we go to a free concert at the beach and have a picnic.That's all.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 12:02:45 am »
Manga
Movies (mostly used DVDs for a few bucks each)
Have netflix, hulu, and Prime
Eat out a decent amount

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 02:48:42 am »
Just milkshakes for me

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 05:12:29 am »
I guess if you look at luxuries in a very broad or simplistic sense.  Things like internet and food.   But those are common for most people with decent lives.

For fun vices, I enjoy to buy pop vinyls.   Only as of late I have began saving for my first trip.  So traveling may become one of my favorite luxuries.  I'm extremely excited about it.  :)

I eat breakfast at diners or resteraunts about every morning before work.  I enjoy the community aspect of starting your day off right with the people in your town. 

I love baseball.  But that's more of a hobby than a luxury and it's only something i've very recently started to play.  But I reccomend it to anyone.   You don't even have to be on a team and if you are self concious.  Go at about 9 at night.   Find your favorite field and just throw it up and hit it.  You can get all you need for about 40 bucks.  I would have never known I loved it until I tried.   It's so soothing. And the feeling of a good swing if you hit the meat of the ball is rewarding.   You return home tired, excersized and extremely happy for whatever reason.  What of natures best stress relievers for primal men was hitting the rock with the club. 

It's being out in the open grass.  You kinda forget the prying thoughts of depression or judgement.  It's like it's you and the ball. 

Enjoy your week Seether.

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 12:33:30 pm »
Not really sure- what defines a 'luxury', really?

I enjoy crafts, but I don't know how much of a luxury that is, given anyone who makes stuff on a regular basis has a stock of supplies around, so you don't actually buy much.

I have a weird thing about storage- I just really, REALLY like bins and boxes. Ikea & the container store are great places to just look around for fun. Although, considering my mom's got a thing for jars and my niece loves bags, I think it runs in the family a lil' bit.

Given that my circle does tabletop gaming as well as videogames, I have a notable lil' pile of dice. I have a spare Chessex Borealis Clear D20 I'll trade for the matching D4!

I only add to it once a year (save for the new quarters), but I collect US coins & currency. I guess that qualifies as a luxury.

kashell

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 03:02:17 pm »
Shoes. Jackets. Watches.

In that order.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 08:53:27 am by kashell »

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 03:42:11 pm »
Going out for food/drinks and live music.
Buying dvd’s, Blu-rays etc.

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 05:23:38 pm »
Day-to-day I might spend some money at a second-hand store to pick up an interesting record or VHS. I'll also take my girlfriend out on dates or local shops to get something for the house.

Throughout the year I also like to go on trips out of state. I'm trying to visit all 50 by the time I'm 50 so I've been going to 2, sometimes 3 different places a year for the last 3 years.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 08:08:44 pm »
Records. And to a lesser extent, tapes, CDs and MiniDiscs.

mark1982

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 01:25:55 am »
A few things actually, was big into figure collecting in the past, but I stopped after I realized I had to be more selective on the ones I bought because it was just taking up too much space. Majority of it now is in storage.

I only get the higher end collectibles now because my display cabinets can only hold so much, heh. Mainly Sideshow Collectibles or statues, which I buy maybe once or twice a year since I'm super selective these days. I mainly get things that are nostalgic to me. I'm still eyeing that Sideshow Skeletor statue ;D

I recently have been back into building and painting model kits, mainly ZOIDS which I have been having fun doing.

Other than that, going out with my wife on the weekends and dining out, we always like to explore new eating places and revisit our favorite spots.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 04:09:42 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

ferraroso

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 10:01:06 pm »
Well, I'd consider it to be more of a hobby than a luxury, but I'm really into motorcycles, so I enjoy touring whenever I have the time.
In a way, this is also related to game hunting as I am always looking for game stores and pawn shops while riding.

telly

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 11:52:06 pm »
Just food really. Too many awesome restaurants where I live   :'(
Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy VI (SNESc), The Last Guardian (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

aliensstudios

"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2019, 11:12:01 am »
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,9157.msg154801.html#msg154801
You asked this already

Good catch!  I only based my decision to post it on the subject line, not the body of the post.  These conversations are exactly the same.