Author Topic: Did Anyone On Here Ever Play "True Crime: Streets Of LA" PS2? GameCube? Xbox PC?  (Read 1043 times)

True Crime Streets Of LA lets you pick both a good or bad path and has all the elements of the 3D Grand Theft Auto Games, like driving or walking around in a massive open world. True Crimes Streets Of LA is supposed to have the entire city Of the real life Los Angeles  in the game itself including the LA Kings Hockey Arena at the time the game was made.

I never liked the feel of the Grand Theft Auto games because the game to me is just not fun being a criminal even though True Crimes Streets Of LA lets you play as either a good cop or bad cop, but punishes you for being the bad cop in a way. I spent countless hours as a teen playing True Crimes Streets of LA the world is massive, and suppose to have the entire real like Los Angeles city included in the open world,

including highways and roads and even streets to explore of course you need to complete the first 2 missions in the story mode.

This True Crimes Series game was also banned in the Stare of California when it came out, but was GTA banned in California as well I don't know?

I even have the True Crimes Streets Of New York game but I don't like that game as much as the True Crimes LA Game.

I played the game both ways starting out as a bad cop, and then a new saved game as a good cop. I liked arresting and frisking people, as well as the car chases and stopping fights and doing everything that the police in real life do,

I recommend it for adults only more then the Grand Theft Auto games. I have almost all GTA games in my collection but I haven't played them and really don't know exactly why I have them, but.

If you play this game you need to read the manual, and maybe write down all the games combos, like how to show you badge and fire a warning shot in the air, to get the bad guys to put their hand up and then you need to press another 2 button to arrest them,

so pay attention to the combos as well as the basic combat, the goal of this game is the be a good cop and choose the right path in the story mode otherwise your game the poor ending, I never achieved the good ending but I did fight the final boss and achieved the average ending.

You go around the city of LA fighting crime earning points for good and lose points for bad ideas. You spend these points to upgrade your character, like getting a better gun or  your own driveable car or driving ability, or going to the gym to learn a new fight combo. This game is HUGE so if you have it I recommending this.

but then again you can have any car you want just like the GTA games,
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:42:18 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Did Anyone On Here Ever Play True Crimes Streets Of LA? PS2? GameCube?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 09:06:05 pm »
i remember playing the NYC True Crime Game, i had Quite a bit of fun with it, indeed a good franchise

For some reason I had this game instead of a GTA PS2 game growing up. It was decent.

The game Sleeping Dogs is basically the third game in the True Crime series.

This True Crimes Series game was also banned in the Stare of California when it came out, but was GTA banned in California as well I don't know?

That’s not true, but I’m not surprised an urban legend like that popped up.  Why would the most liberal state in the country ban a game when more repressive places like the South wouldn’t?

But yeah, it’s a game I liked at the time, and really appreciated its attempt at doing an in depth combat system - which was GTA’s biggest flaw at the time.  It was cool to drive around LA, but going back it’s pretty barren compared to GTA, which kept thing smaller in order to create depth.

Like so many open world games from the time it hasn’t really aged well, unfortunately.  Like weirdfeline said, if you want a modern take check out Sleeping Dogs.

That’s not true, but I’m not surprised an urban legend like that popped up.  Why would the most liberal state in the country ban a game when more repressive places like the South wouldn’t?

But yeah, it’s a game I liked at the time, and really appreciated its attempt at doing an in depth combat system - which was GTA’s biggest flaw at the time.  It was cool to drive around LA, but going back it’s pretty barren compared to GTA, which kept thing smaller in order to create depth.

Like so many open world games from the time it hasn’t really aged well, unfortunately.  Like weirdfeline said, if you want a modern take check out Sleeping Dogs.

the ban was only a rumor I heard growing up I guess I never really looked into it because back in the day although I had a PC, but I didn't have internet access. on my own PC so, and this was back in the early 2000's as I purchased this game new as I remember I used to own the GameCube version now I own a PlayStation 2 copy

Thanks for the recommendation on Sleeping Dogs, I never really heard of that game before :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:34:38 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

They both happen to be in my want/wishlist, so hopefully I'll get them at some point. I actually have been looking for a disc only copy of "True Crime: Streets of LA" given I own the artwork/insert and manual for it, which I got in a lot years ago.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

They both happen to be in my want/wishlist, so hopefully I'll get them at some point. I actually have been looking for a disc only copy of "True Crime: Streets of LA" given I own the artwork/insert and manual for it, which I got in a lot years ago.

great game, True Crime: Streets of LA game I like better in my opinion.

the New York one starts the game off killing a bunch of people for no reason, and although the graphics are much better in the

"True Crime Streets Of New York" I never reached a point in that game where I can just drive around in an open world. True Crime: Streets Of New York game tries to simulate the GTA series more and limited your world to a few streets plus I never quite figured out how to explore.

NO APPS NEEDED